It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll for all members (skeptics, debunkers, and believers) of ATS: Have you ever had a UFO sighting?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I guess I’m pretty skeptical when it comes to reported sightings of UFO’s, and flatout disbelieving about reported encounters; especially those that include probings, telepathic communications, implants, blinking lights, etc. Like Carl Sagan once said, “extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence”. I’m also very skeptical regarding claims of other-worldly paranormal experiences. I’m not saying that ALL reported events (UFO/paranormal) have no substance, and that there aren’t things going on around us that are simply beyond our understanding. I do, though, set the bar pretty high on meeting a certain standard of credibility.

That being said, to my recollection I’ve had 2 UFO sightings in my lifetime. Nothing spectacular, I’m sorry to say. Nonetheless, unusual by conventionable standards. They go like this:

1 - This happened many years ago. I was outside relaxing one spring night, by myself and gazing up at the heavens. I wasn’t drinking or doing any dope, and I wasn’t looking for alien activity; just gazing at the stars in wonder. I noticed a point of light that looked like any other star except that it was moving slowly in a straight trajectory. I say slowly, but I don’t really know that since I couldn’t judge it’s distance. Since there appeared to be no blinking lights I figured it wasn’t a plane. So, I thought, it’s probably a satellite; I’ve seen those pass over before, and it looked a lot like that. But then, the point of light shed 3 other points of light. Now I’m looking at 4 points of light moving across the sky. They moved together for a minute or 2 and then branched off in different directions. I watched them until they faded out of site about 3 or 4 minutes later.

After mulling it over for a few minutes, I then decided it was time for a drink...

2 - This incident took place about a year ago. I was standing outside talking to a friend this time, and both of us witnessed the same thing. It was late in the day, but the sun hadn’t set yet and it was still pretty light outside; too light to see any stars or planets. While talking I looked up and noticed a small, bright, spherical-looking object in the sky. I brought it to my friend’s attention and he acknowledged it, as well. It didn’t appear to be moving; just hanging motionless in the sky. There were no lights or sound, and it had no discernable features. We looked away and discussed it for a moment and concluded that it simply couldn’t be a star or planet, as it was still much too light outside for that. Not more than 10 seconds had passed when we looked back up, but now it was gone; nowhere to be seen. We then looked back at each other in astonishment, puzzled and slightly alarmed. We had looked away for literally just a few seconds. So where did it go? It was like it just suddenly vanished. Both of us, being skeptics about such things, decided it must have been a drone, or maybe some other Earthly technology we’re just unaware of. More likely that than something extraterrestrial, in any case.

That pretty much sums up my unexplainables. Exciting, huh? No little green men, no greys or reptilians, no motorcycle chicks from Mars, and no probes up my butt (thank God!!).

Have fun...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Never saw one, though I'd like to. I've even gone to a supposedly popular UFO-spotting site a couple of times, but nada.

My once very skeptic friend(now a believer) has an equally skeptic co-worker who told her that she saw a black triangle over her house not that long ago. It supposed scared the crap out of her.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
My street used to be right next to a golf course and very often at night friends and I would go walking around. We are familiar with the course layout. Where all the cart paths, sand-traps, and ponds are, etc. One particular night we went down there and saw a light quickly moving back and forth, horizontally, left to right. Not appearing to move with the cart path. The light itself looked normal enough, easily comparable to a single headlight. A headlight minus the beam a headlight has. This was just a ball of light as far as we could tell. It seemed higher above the ground than a vehicle light would be. A small pump house motion lamp kept getting set off also, though revealing nothing about what the ball of light was. We decided to walk down to it, except one of my friends apparently couldn't hold a deuce in. So we walked back up to my house so he could do his business then went back down. The light was gone but we still walked down there. Found no evidence of anything so started walking back up towards my street. I looked up towards my street as we were walking and saw a wide red cone of light and a wide blue cone of light going up towards the sky. My first thought was cop lights, as the red and blue lights weren't solid cones of light but more like ambient light. Unlike cop lights they weren't flashing, and ofc cop lights don't face upwards or whatever. Hard to describe tbh. Also there were no cops that we could see. I can't recall if my other friends saw those lights, they were only there for a moment.

No reason to suspect aliens ofc. The light was in a place it should not have been though, which is very strange.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

I haven't posted on here in years it feels but when I was avidly posting I shared many UFO sighting stories. From 2009-2013 I (& also a close friend) witnessed what we call the 'falling' ufos but as in unidentified 'falling' objects. Where we saw several meteor looking what we thought to be rocks falling to the earth but in many variations of colors usually bright green. Those continued to fall around a certain mountainous area of my state. Yet even upon trying to find and track them never found a dang thing. Strange falling lights, straight down. However my favorite UFO 'unidentified flying object' story - even though it's so hard to pick, is the one my partner and I saw first hand, up close and personal. Sitting in the front seat of his GTO, star watching having a smoke on a nice summer night we thought we saw a beautiful bright star in the distance (also at this time living closely to the mountains I spoke of ironically) but soon realized it was too bright for a star, and low and behold it's moving, slowly but surely sideways, but very slow. Once we started to be able to measure it's distance from light pole to light pole in the distance it literally came straight in our direction very bright, very quiet, and in that same distance from the mountain to where we initially saw the 'star' it would take any craft that we knew of much longer to fly from the mountains to our apartments parking lot. It literally flew LOW and STRAIGHT over our heads in the GTO, no sound, and very low but bright lights on each bottom. It was huggge, and literally left us speechless and staring up. The couple in the car next to us who were previously unloading their bags were staring straight up. It was the weirdest, strangest feeling I've ever had. How could any UFO hover so so incredibly low over us.. However my most personal experiences with UFOS that just I encountered started happening dramatically while I was alone around 2010-2011 when my job required me to be up and at a location at 5 am every week, causing me to be alone of the roads and dark highways from 3-4 a.m every morning. Those days I had a 'follower' as I saw it. Always convincing myself it was a star or satellite, yet never finding it on star maps or etc. This one would get very bright and stay in parts of the sky very high but low enough to break your comfort zone. I started taking videos, pictures etc. By the time I had gotten the best image I've even seen from my own archives, and heat censored to see an odd jelly fish shape with a circle in the middle in the best way to describe it. It looked identical to the images in the tether incident if you've seen those, later seeing those on the history channel and blowing my mind. Anyways I posted it on social media and soon my computer caught a virus and crashed and I lost all my images. Coincidence? Who knows. Anyways, those are just a few. But my best
LOVE reading others ATSers experiences, one of the main reasons I'm here!!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I've had about three. All shared with someone else, the latest shared with my child. Read more about it here.

So for your poll, yes.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Categorically, yes.

There have been many times in my short life I have seen something in the sky that I have wondered about but mostly I brushed these off as nothing of importance.

However, there is one thing I know, when I was a child I saw a landed UFO in a field. No "what if it was?," No "was it a dream?" etc. I saw a real UFO.

So I cant exactly remember how old I was, but it was between the ages of 6 and 9. It was a nice day, probably Spring or early Summer. I was in the car with my Mum and Dad, driving through the country side in the Scottish borders. I think, we were driving to Berwick-Upon-Tweed for the day.

Anyway, so I was in the back seat looking out the right hand window when bang, we drove past a field. I dont know what was growing in the field, but it was a pale yellow colour. We were going slow enough for me to get a clear snapshot of it in my head but we were in traffic and were going to fast to stop etc. Come to think of it, for some reason I dont even think I told my parents about what I saw.

Sitting in this field. Was a classic UFO. Saucer shaped with a dome on the top. It must have been about 20ft in diameter if I had to guess. It stood on three legs and was completely white. There was a red band, either around the bottom of the dome OR around the porthole windows on the dome, I cant quite remember. But the colour was mostly white with a red band.

That was it, no aliens, no flight or anything crazy.
edit on 10/11/2014 by Believe_nothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hi all, just popping in once again to thank all who have contributed to this thread. It's still going strong, and I'm very happy with the quite large response I have received so far.

At some point in the not too distant future, when I have a bit of free time, I intend to do some basic number crunching with the data. This will have little relevance except for putting into perspective the responses one receives on a conspiracy discussion board (and I think it's kind of fun).

There are a few members (who I won't name) that I'm hoping will input their own sightings or lack thereof, but I'm dubious of receiving a response from.

Thanks again to everyone, and keep those responses coming in.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
On our holiday to Arizona we were travelling to the old copper town Bisbee when to the right of me in the car was a dull grey metallic object floating perfectly stationary above a particular mountain range. Me and my mother both saw it and wondered what it was. After a couple of minutes of it not moving we looked away. When I looked back it had moved to a entirely different mountain range within seconds of me looking back. The new mountain range it was hovering over was a couple of miles apart and it was still stationary, as if it just teleported without any motion.
My mother and I were confused by the distance it travelled in a short time and the fact that it had stayed stationary in its new place. Odd behaviour for any aircraft or weather balloon.

edit on 10-11-2014 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
About five years ago, I was with a friend, walking through a parking lot of a high school football stadium. It was about 10:30 pm. I saw a red light, not too far off the ground (my guess less than 500 feet) heading our way on a course a few degrees off our location. Like a genius, I started jumping up and down, waving my arms, screaming "Hey!" It abruptly changed direction, heading directly toward me for about 10 seconds, and then it turned back to its original course. As it passed nearly overhead, we saw it was shaped like an egg, and about the size of a mini van. It was mostly red, with a brighter orange/yellow glow in the rear. It looked like glass, with shades of red ossicillating throughout the craft. Sort of like fire contained within a vessel. It also was totally silent.
After it passed, we jumped in my truck to pursue. It slowly proceeded North for a few minutes, stopped to hover for a short time (less than a minute) and slowly descended to the ground. The area where it landed was on a large private ranch which we couldn't enter.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Had a couple of sightings which I believe to have been explainable.

First one was a contrail I noticed overhead as I was sitting on the lawn with neighbors. It was too high to make out anything but the contrail, but it was transiting the sky at a ridiculous speed. I would guess double or triple-sonic [based on a conservative estimate of altitude], but there was no boom.

Last year I pulled the bike over to photograph a weird metallic object rotating low in the sky.

Back in the '80s standing in the driveway with a friend we noticed something metallic crossing the sky. I went inside to get a camera, but could only find the binoculars. When I looked at the object it appeared to be a sideways top-shaped thing moving at about the speed of a light aircraft. Looked to me like the object in this photo:

But probably the weirdest [near] encounter happened in the early nineties when a "mothership" hovered over a neighboring farmhouse.

Both my Father and a couple of close friends were witness to the southern Illinois flying triangles.

edit on 10-11-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

All my life!! Here are two of my stories:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Here is one of my experiences OP, I made a thread.
Good Idea for thread OP

ATS I experienced personal disclosure on 4/30/10!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
In 2009 of April around the 19th. I saw something unexplainable at 6:30 am. I put my 5th grader on the school bus and had my dog with me. We had been standing out there for ten minutes waiting for the bus. After the bus left I walked across the street to let my dog visit the corner of the neighbor's yard next to the street sign. I stood there for five minutes looking up at the stars in the sky. Two stationary stars looked different, like they were closer in our atmosphere. I don't know how large or how close they were. I don't know how far apart from each other they actually were. I felt compelled to look at them for a few seconds and I was completely relaxed when they flew in an arc 90 degrees out into space and disappeared (or flicked off) at the blink of an eye. I said to myself Wow!....I guess all those UFO shows on TV are a public announcement trying to alert the public! I always previously thought it was all to entertain and make money.
I decided I should go back to the house even though I felt totally relaxed, because my brain said maybe that is what would be wise. I went and told my husband and wrote down a diagram. He was in a hurry to get to work. He knew I was telling the truth, but he didn't want to believe me either because of the enormous implications. I put aside the drawing and forgot about it for a few weeks until I cleaned my desk up and saw it later. That's when all the questions start coming and I revaluated our human reactions to unknown strangeness, and the government's comments to people's sightings. I now sleep with a night light, I had a lot of anxiety about seeing it five years ago, I have bought books and tried to find out what I saw on the internet. Since 2009 there are now many Cable shows on UFO topics, 15 different TV shows have shown up for the public. My brief sighting was a few seconds but had a large mental impact. Think about it Tv Commercials are 3 second advertisements. I was worried about what it means to all of us. I asked some neighbors if they ever saw things here in our state. They actually told me some disturbing stories never to be repeated, and they are in their 60, 70, and 80s. These 4 women are solid citizens in the community. It was not comforting to know things are happening, and no one is talking in public. I think how we deal with these events as a society tells you how unaware and simple humans are. We need to educate everyone, stop pollution, over population, disease, and drug dependence, starvation, poverty, crimes and war. We are not an open society and we do not work well together. I don't know if humans can overcome their lack of sharing and responsibility, efforts to do better and evolve to a higher spiritual and intellectual level of thinking. I can not un see what I saw, and my relatives think I might be ?, but deep down they know I am not and that is what scares them. Having to deal with more in life.
edit on 10-11-2014 by frugal because: sp

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yes, I have had many throughout my life

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Q33323
My sighting was egg shaped too.

And had the hovering characteristics.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yes, just a week or so ago, in fact. In Warrenton, VA.
(Will update with more info when I'm off work)
edit on 11/10/2014 by FoJAk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
About six years ago (2008) my wife and I were driving West on I-64 in Southern Indiana just across the river from Louisville, Kentucky. There had been a very strong thunderstorm with a lot of rain but the rain had just about stopped and on the Indiana side the sky was curiously clear.

We had just entered a section of the Interstate that was under construction and there was only one narrow lane to drive in with not enough room to pull over. Suddenly I saw a black colored UFO with no shine on the South side of the freeway about 200ft. in the air at about the 10 O'clock high position and it was just hovering while slightly wobbling and rotating with a small red light going around it. It was around 30 ft. in diameter.

I don't think there was any sound - just a swishing sound but that could have been my tires on the wet road. The bottom of the craft had something like diamond shaped window panels on the bottom and a very bright halogen blue light shining from the panels. Just before it went over the car I saw a tapered black pole that curves over the top of the craft and possibly one coming up from other side that I couldn't see. They didn't connect though but there was a gap about 2 feet or so between them.

I asked my wife "What IS that?" She had to reposition herself slightly because I was driving and she was in the passenger seat. After a few seconds it traveled slowly to the North side of I-64 and even though it was still sprinkling rain she stuck her head out the window to get a better view of it. At that point I could not see it because it was about 2 O'clock high.

It was there just a few seconds and then it went back to the South side and I could see it better now. It slowly enveloped itself with water vapor (?) It disappeared and then reappeared in the direction we were traveling and seemed also to clone itself with 6 other craft, evenly spaced about 300 yards apart, following us down the Interstate. They or it followed us for around 20 minutes.

When we got to the Illinois state line we were both totally exhausted and slept (or tried to) in the car at the rest stop for a few hours.

We had a cell phone but no camera and the phone didn't have a camera in it (darn-it).

We have mentioned this only to a very few friends and I have been back there but saw nothing else.

MUFON sightings in Indiana exist but none like ours. I had started to report this to MUFON but for some reason when I did it would not forward and the report disappeared.
I tried again sometime later and the report worked. It is now on MUFON.

This is a strange story but true. Both of us saw it!

edit on 10-11-2014 by wevebeenassimilated because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2014 by wevebeenassimilated because: added info

edit on 10-11-2014 by wevebeenassimilated because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2014 by wevebeenassimilated because: typo

edit on 10-11-2014 by wevebeenassimilated because: mistake

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I've never seen a UFO, but I haven't made it a central focus of my life. I don't need to see to believe. My years of research have pretty much convinced me that this is a true phenomenon.

My husband saw a UFO when he was young. He was playing in the fields with friends and a UFO came whizzing down above them in the fields and was out of sight as quickly as it came. It seemed like it buzzed them.

He's not the type for any sort of stretch of the imagination. He's cut and dry, never exaggerates and what you see is what you get.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yes,several times. Some I was later able to explain, some not.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Yes I have and here it is:

Anomalous Object Part 1

Anomalous Object Part 2

Most everything else I have recorded I can identify.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join