It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll for all members (skeptics, debunkers, and believers) of ATS: Have you ever had a UFO sighting?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have but didn't have my camera at those times now I carry it everywhere a reply to: cuckooold

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
No, never.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A few times when I was out late a night looking at the stars in the backyard of my parents' house I saw a small, bright object moving really quickly across the sky with a magnitude comparable to most of the other stars in the sky. I'm pretty sure it was a satellite or the ISS, cool to see but unfortunately not a UFO.

Saw a shooting star once, again cool to see but unless the aliens were having some serious technical difficulties not a UFO.

Unfortunately, now I live in an apartment where it's just too bright to stargaze unless I go well out of my way; it'd be great if they would open up the parks/beaches along Lake Erie for amateur astronomers but I doubt that's going to happen.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

I remember once, during the late afternoon, I saw what looked like a "star" in the sky, when I saw it, it suddenly shot up into the air and disappeared. I don't know what it was, it wasn't a shooting star because they fall to the ground, this one went vertically in a straight line and was stationary before it moved.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Yes, i have.. at least three including one clear daylight sighting of a group (about 6 of them) together.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor

I remember once, during the late afternoon, I saw what looked like a "star" in the sky, when I saw it, it suddenly shot up into the air and disappeared. I don't know what it was, it wasn't a shooting star because they fall to the ground, this one went vertically in a straight line and was stationary before it moved.

I have had a similar 10AM sighting near Morganton NC...
the pinpoint of light was at 11 'o-clock high, I was facing west... after 3 or so minutes of watching the point-of-light /star, which was at the very limit of my ability to keep a visual lock on It....

the light suddenly 'departed', 'took-off', 'disappeared',... upon further reflection, I chalked up the 'ufo' as just a weather balloon which just became too hard to visually see & focus on---> because of the NC blue sky which is actually intense just overwhelmed my eyeballs
~so I might have imagined I was witness to a ufo which was stationary and vanished in a 1/2 second~
BUT my mind/logic settled on the most likely evaluation... thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to: Raxoxane It was all very surreal, Roxoxane. I had been seeing areas of stars blacked out periodically in the 3 weeks prior to seeing this biological entity. So I wasn't surprized to see 'something'. But I never expected that. I'll also share the fact that, I don't know why, but I didn't experience fear of it. And I don't mean it like 'I'm fearless'... I mean it like, either my brain was in some kind of protection mode, or the entity had the ability to put me at ease. A few researchers told me they see that as a tool used for hunting. Possibly linking them to the many cattle mutilations. Yikes! As it flew closer to where I was (covering maybe 7 miles over 10 minutes), at one point, my brain picked up a message telepathically (from ????) to look up and notice a small group of stars that were bunched together and not very easy to see. Next hearing something like "we're from this area". A day or two later when I recalled that part of the event, I went online and found an astronomical website to find any available info about the stars I was direct toward. To my surprize, it was the Pleiadise star cluster. Which has been linked to UFO and Alien visitations to Earth for many years. I've had probably 5 major sightings in the 3 years since (I'll share them soon). Many other minor sightings.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Many dozens of times, but I'm not sure if the craft I'm seeing can be classified as unidentified anymore. And getting a good pic has proved a lesson in futility, I don't even try anymore.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes, unexplained to this day.

Weird light in the sky, looked like a star, then started moving, and circled what looked like another star. The shot off into the night.

I saw it with my father, and he was so taken aback by it he ran home as fast as he could to tell the family.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MinpinStudios
Yes, I have seen several lights over the years and one time in like 1990 I even saw 3 different beings and none of them was a "grey".

Did any of them by chance look similar to a Jawa (short guys with hooded robes,) or a giant praying mantis?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I was curious about the tally in this thread, who has seen a UFO vs who has not:

Never seen a UFO: 24 (12.6%)

Have seen a UFO at least once: 163 (85.8%)

No answer: 3 (1.6%)

Of course on a site like this you would expect a higher number of people to report such an event, compared with a random sampling of the population.

I find it curious that some people who had sightings said there was nothing about the sighting which would lead them to believe it was some form of non-human intelligence.

Well, my question to those people is this, if you have that conviction, the corollary must be true, that these sightings would lead you to believe they had nothing to do with non-human intelligence. I was just wondering if you have any evidence for this belief, apart from cultural social conditioning and the circular argument that these sightings couldn't be non-human intelligence because non-human intelligence doesn't exist?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Your logic is broken.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Your logic is broken.

You disagree with my math?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have only seen the orbs moving quickly and changing direction very very quickly.

I have never seen a classic "UFO" that seem to advance in parallel with our own earthly technology which has always had me convinced that UFO's were human. Those disks from the 50's look like something someone from the 50's would imagine. What we see today is relative in comparison.

Those orbs though. I don't know WTH those are but they sure are cool.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: draknoir2

Your logic is broken.

You disagree with my math?

One thing at a time.
edit on 17-1-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I have only seen the orbs moving quickly and changing direction very very quickly.

I have never seen a classic "UFO" that seem to advance in parallel with our own earthly technology which has always had me convinced that UFO's were human. Those disks from the 50's look like something someone from the 50's would imagine. What we see today is relative in comparison.

Those orbs though. I don't know WTH those are but they sure are cool.

The tally changes to:

Yes - 164

No - 24

No answer - 3

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Well, my question to those people is this, if you have that conviction, the corollary must be true, that these sightings would lead you to believe they had nothing to do with non-human intelligence. I was just wondering if you have any evidence for this belief, apart from cultural social conditioning and the circular argument that these sightings couldn't be non-human intelligence because non-human intelligence doesn't exist?

Based on what we saw, these are some of the thoughts I have explored in no particular order of importance and with a few withheld for personal reasons:

1. Meteor
2. Group hallucination
3. Rare astronomical phenomena
4. Secret technology
5. Some laser-type technology
6. A projection
7. Craft/object from Elsewhere
8. Misperception of a natural phenomena

1. It looked like a meteor but zig-zagged
2. Maybe. Unlikely imo. About a dozen others saw it too
3. Impossible to discount
4. Maybe. Unlikely due to the zig-zagging and speed
5. Maybe. However the skies were clear apart some wisps of cloud
6. Maybe. Unlikely imo as 'who, what and why?'
7. Maybe. Unlikely due to the zig-zagging
8. Maybe. It couldn't have been conventional aircraft due to the speed and movements

Chances are, a lot of others in the thread have had a think about what they saw and couldn't rest on a good explanation either. A lot of witnesses over the years have stood by their claims without taking that extra step towards 'aliens.' The best skeptics reserve judgement and allow that some sightings remain unexplained. Likewise, the best (imo) UFO researcher/advocates reserve judgement too.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Thanks PlanetXisHERE. I've been remiss in my duties, so thank you for taking the time to tally up these results.

I can't speak for others, as I haven't seen what they have seen, but my own opinion is that sightings that remain truly unidentified tend to be quite rare. The couple of sightings I have had do remain a mystery to me, but I certainly do not think it was 'aliens' I saw. My own take on the UFO phenomena is that a lot of what we know from popular culture comes from the Cold War, and U.S Intel agencies playing games, creating myths, and obfuscating their own secret military hardware programs. However, beyond that I think there is a truly strange phenomena that I suspect is of this Earth, but of an intelligence that is indeed alien to us, but not extraterrestrial.

This is purely speculation, and I suspect that the 'curse' of Phillip Klass holds even more firmly today than when he originally made his statement.
edit on 18-1-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yes have had four unusual sightings. Balls of light joining together and splitting up then zooming off extremely fast. Ex Airforce here nothing I ever came across before and one cigar shaped object that resides in Jane's Aircraft book as never having left the planning stage!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I am a zero sighter. As in never seen a UFO. But on thinking about it, there must be a threshold of when a sighting becomes unusual and then a UFO. I "know" that I have looked up in the sky at night and have seen a small faint light moving and then wondering what it was in one instant and in the next writing it off as a satellite.

I am also wondering what this poll might represent to you. I would think that most people that did have a sighting would be eager to contribute while those, like me, with no sightings, would be hesitant to offer nothing.

Where I think you might draw meaning from this is where on the spectrum the persons beliefs are. In other words do people that are the believers side see more UFOs? But then again, I used to be more of a believer. So what are you trying to derive from the poll?

edit on 18-1-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join