It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll for all members (skeptics, debunkers, and believers) of ATS: Have you ever had a UFO sighting?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Never thought that someone as down to Earth as you would experience such an amazing event and then tell about it. That makes two of us many events happened but I never saw something alien like come from those experiences .. although to my lack of understanding about atmospheric anomalies and physics in a professional way.. I seem to only make one conclusion by my spiritual feeling that it only could be something not from this world ...

Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind

I thought I made it clear that I regularly keep up with available ISS sightings along with any other astronomical events because I am a amateur astronomer and love astrophotography opportunities. The ISS isn't all that bright really. It basically looks like any other satellite, but brighter. This was a BALL of light, very close, not far. Please, don't insult my intelligence any further.

Isn't all that bright? Surely it's brightness is variable. I've seen it on occasion being easily the brightest object in the sky

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Never in the traditional sense of a "flying saucer". But I have seen weird lights in the sky a couple of times.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yes, I saw something back in August of 1977 that I could never explain. I was 15 yo at a camp near Sudbury, Canada. It was a totally clear night and my friend and I decided to watch the northern lights from a large rock right next to a lake. The northern lights did their beautiful display from roughly 9pm-9:20pm and then we just stayed looking upon the starry sky on that dark evening. We watched what we thought was either a high altitude plane or a satellite slowly and quietly pass over us. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary... it was the only thing moving in the sky and it looked like any other high altitude plane. We watched it as it moved toward the center of the sky and within a second or so, it made a 30 degree turn/pivot and shot away with the speed of a falling star. I'd asked my friend if she saw it and she said yes and asked me what I thought it was. If it was a plane, it did not turn... it pivoted or ricocheted. If it was a satellite, it was pushed out of it's orbit, in an instant, and shot at an incredible speed toward the horizon. To this day I haven't been able to figure out what it was that we saw.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yes, I've seen a number of different UFO's / UAP's.

From the mid 80's to early 90's, I've observed (along with other family members) a random flashing, brownian motion, blue/white light - similar to a strobe light but irregular in interval and with an erratic flight path. We saw this type several times a year, always at night, usually when driving in South/West Wales. The longest observation was during a drive from Llanelli to Carmarthen via Pembrey. It was seen the entire route, including the time spent parked up at a petrol filling station where the attendant observed it with us. After about 92, haven't seen them since.

In 1989, I observed a ring of lights that alternated between a circle and a straight line - like if you placed bulbs around the edge of a plate then threw the plate - but with the plate tumbling rather than spinning like a frisbee. I observed this with a family friend through binoculars for just under a minute or so. It had a profound negative effect on him, challenged his belief system and he became severely depressed as a consequence.

In 1990, on a trip back from Wrexham to Cenarth, we observed a Triangle UFO near Bala. It was in the early hours and the Triangle passed silently overhead while we were driving. It was very large, far bigger than a 747 - like the size of a field. We pulled over to observe it. It had 3 pairs of red lights - a pair at each point - making an equilateral triangle shape. The UFO then banked and accelerated away completely silently. The rate at which it moved away was bewildering.

Since then, I've seen lights in the sky that have made me go hmmm, but nothing quite like that. There's interesting stuff up there alright.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogfacedEngineer
I avoided commenting on this for days after seeing it but I can no longer. Forgive any mispellings, but I recall seeing a disk barreling over a farm in my early years and my sister will corrobberate seeing it as well. I've also seen many shooting stars but then there are these other things most would call shooting stars but when I see them they are a different color trail and go from one star to another. I've just assumed they were starships traveling at light speed. That's my 2 cents.

What you are talking about are commonly called meteors. Which ironically enough, no one believed could exist in the 16th century.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

My sister and I both saw a load of red lights zoom across the sky, travelling north east to south west across Birmingham, uk.

About 6 of them.

Very fast moving but not so fast you couldn't make them out.

No noise.

No idea what they were.

Think I posted about them on here years ago.

Never told anyone in real life.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have experienced seeing a pulsating ufo changing from purple to blue to red to green and back again zoom over to an airplane and flashing a white light, zoom over to other parts and flashing white lights like it was taking pictures. Doing it to a second plane then zooming back in place. Then white orbs going into this changing colored 'craft' and turning into planes. This happened over a three-day period, more and more of these 'planes' filled the sky. I checked every night and all the flights were cancelled until 9:30 am. The third night was the first night I saw a V-Shaped with 5 lights under it just gliding along. My little cousin and her friend witnessed it, too. The last night I was actually bored of seeing all these 'stars' turn into planes and just went inside... I don't know how anyone didn't notice this, but I've talked to other people and they've seen the color changing craft but I've seen it turn ufos into planes. This happened on 2012, August 3rd through August 6th. And the craft that changes colors is still in the sky, in our atmosphere... along with another red/purple/green/amber coloured craft... I'm not sure if it's the sun reflecting on it that makes it change colors or what... But, I have video of someone in another country on youtube that has filmed the same object and up close 700x, it looks like a temple.. and if I may it looks like exactly the craft Ezekiel describes in Book 1 of Ezekiel.

This video is the 'star' I saw.

www.youtube.com...

I'd like to know if anyone else sees this changing colored 'star', almost everyone Ive talked to is like "That's just a planet." or, "That's just a star." My buddy looked at it with a telescope, also. And said it is definetly in our atmosphere.

I see it every time I can see the stars at night.

edit on 22-11-2014 by Sholafar because: Describing the youtube link for the 'star' I saw.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sholafar

edit on 11/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was gonna say something about Sirius but, I see Sirius along with this 'star'

Did you watch the video I posted? Sirius looks nothing like that. Not to be disrespectful or anything...

By the way I'm new.. how do you post videos to view on the forum so that you don't have to click a link?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I was gonna say something about Sirius but, I see Sirius along with this 'star'
Sirius is not the only star which displays scintillation. Perhaps if you provided more information about your general location and the time, azimuth, and elevation of what you are observing it would be more helpful.

Did you watch the video I posted?
Yes. The video you posted shows the effects of using autofocus and digital zoom. Things to be avoided.

how do you post videos to view on the forum so that you don't have to click a link?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thank you tinkortwim, I knew someone else has seen this.

Phage, I don't understand why if it was Venus, it would go from a circle to a sqaure type feature...

My friend looked on her starmap on her phone when I was ranting about this on facebook and she said it was Mars, another person said it was Venus, when I looked on Stellarium it said 'high radiation', a few weeks later I looked after re-installing Stellarium, and I couldn't find it, meaning no such 'star' existed.

I live in South West, MI. It's out from when the stars are visible until daylight, it's the last thing you can see..

As elevation goes, it varies.. It can be lower than planes and higher than planes... I've seen it rise higher within 15-20 minutes... maybe a whole thumb-length's higher than where it was. It can be north, south, southwest, northwest it all varies it's in different locations every time I see it.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Phage, I don't understand why if it was Venus, it would go from a circle to a sqaure type feature...

That is my video. I know it was Venus. The shape is due to the shape of the iris of the camera.

It can be north, south, southwest, northwest it all varies it's in different locations every time I see it.

There are bright stars in all directions. That's why specific information about location, time, azimuth, and elevation (not altitude) are helpful. When you say "it" you have to be careful, you may not be seeing the same object.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I would consider myself an open-minded skeptic, even though I am often quick to 'debunk' the (in my opinion) obviously faked/hoaxed/misinterpreted clips that are posted here on a regular basis.

I have had one incident that I would consider a UFO sighting. It was almost 10 years ago, I was driving SW in slow traffic when the high school was letting out. The sky was crystal clear, not a cloud in the sky, about 3pm. I happened to look up and out my car window and I saw what looked like a large, stationary beige rectangle in the sky. If I had to guess I would say that it was about 1,000 feet up, if I were maybe 100 yards south it would have been straight above me. My only reference to height would be the pine trees around my house exceeding 70' in height. I looked at the object for a second or two and looked back at the road, looked back up and saw it was still there. About 10 seconds pass while I'm glancing from the road to the sky a few times, I go around a curve (maybe 45° to the left [towards the object], no visual obstructions) and by the time I look back up the thing is gone.

I was the only one in my car, I didn't think anything was that strange for some reason until the thing was gone. The sky was clear and in that area you can see for a good distance. If it was a blimp or something like that there is no way it could have left my field of view in that small amount of time. If it was something falling it would had to be some kind of fabric or similar material to be falling so slow as to appear stationary and then be gone within only a few seconds (like maybe an advertisement banner being pulled by a plane malfunctions and falls).

I've gone over all kinds of ideas as to what it could have been, but I just don't really think about it too much anymore. It's unlikely that I ever figure it out, whether it was something earthly or not.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Right, but it still doesn't explain why my fiance sees it dancing back and forth like it's hovering in the sky.. I have horrible eye-sight but I can still see it dancing... and over the three-day period there were more and more planes in the sky. By the third night there were planes side-by-side flying... the FAA wouldn't allow that to happen, no way. And like I said all the flights were cancelled. I'm not sure what 'it' is, if it's other-worldly, government testing. But, it was changing 'star' looking objects into planes, the first time it must've gotten 747 confused with 7047 cause it was huge, with aviation lights that blinked irregularly. Not just irregular, but the same colors the 'it' was flashing, the next time the plane went around.. the only way I can describe it is it morphed into a smaller plane, lights still flashing irregular and different colors. Each time the plane went around it got... better at resembling a plane. Very rarely do I hear a plane like I used to in the 90's.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Right, but it still doesn't explain why my fiance sees it dancing back and forth like it's hovering in the sky
How about this:
www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A lot of people don't understand these visual illusions.

As an air crew member I have to be intimately familiar with them.

But I will tell you this, my two experiences we not visual illusions.

I just don't have an explanation for them.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
As I posted earlier (much). I had a sighting for which I have no explanation. But that's a far cry from attributing it to ET. It was just a UFO, in the literal sense.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, it explains the dancing back and forth, however this dances back and forth rather more than other 'stars'

But, it doesn't explain why I saw it changing 'stars' into planes and them morphing into more "socially-acceptable" looking planes over and over. As I said I saw it zip across to a real plane and flash lights (as if it were taking pictures to replicate later) twice... And also as I said all the flights were cancelled... all of them, not just some of them, for 3 nights until 9:30 am. I could still see this 'star' in day light when all the other 'stars' disappeared. All the flights were cancelled, and yet there were planes that filled the sky. Also as I said the FAA wouldn't allow planes to fly as close together as these 'planes' were flying. I'm not trying to get into a debate about what I've seen I'm just sharing what I saw.

You can believe it or not, I just figured it was interesting and maybe someone 2 years saw what I saw.

You bring up valid points about debunking if it's a planet or not. But, planets aren't visible for 2 years straight, every night.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join