It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll for all members (skeptics, debunkers, and believers) of ATS: Have you ever had a UFO sighting?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Hi all. As a regular contributor to ATS, especially the UFO forum, I notice a lot of back and forth between skeptics, debunkers, and believers. I myself tend to be skeptical of a lot of the claims that appear here, especially YouTube clips with titles like 'ZOMG Giant Ufos orbiting the sun', 'NASA lies, structures on the moon and Mars', and so on.

What I am not skeptical of is that people do have sightings of UFOs that may not necessarily be able to be explained. What I'm looking for here is for members to contribute whether or not they have have had a UFO sighting they can not explain (or something that you later worked out what it was you saw). I'd like as many members as possible to reply even if to say 'no, I have never seen something unexplainable in the sky', just to get a general feel for the amount of potential UFO sightings from ATS members. This isn't a poll in the formal sense, with polling software to give statistics and so forth (not sure if ATS possesses this or not), but a general informal discussion among the members.

So please, this is not a debunking session where we are looking to pull apart the sightings of other members, but a simple question being posed ,with a brief summary of what you believe you have seen.(/edit - I don't mind constructive suggestions, especially if the poster asks for it, just not unconstructive comments that add nothing to the thread).

I'm very interested in responses from regulars to the UFO forum who (to my knowledge) do not usually contribute their own personal sightings (if they've had one), but also the general populace of ATS.

So ATS members, have you had a UFO sighting? Have you ever worked out what this sighting was, or does it remain unexplained to this day?

edit on 8-11-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

I have seen many things in the sky that I have not been able to identify. I don't have any reason to believe that any of them were of an intelligent extraterrestrial nature.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Had plenty...

Usually once a week minimum.

But I keep my eyes on the skies so statistically it's expected.

Some are more interesting than others...

New Years a few years back me, my two mates, my mum & my brother saw Orbs flying in formation at different speeds, behind them was a mother ship maybe 5 times the size of the regular orbs, and there was at least 30 of them fleeting over the Thames...
They were not Chinese Lanterns.
I am schizophrenic, but I'm not stupid!

Didn't have the phone I have now, & I've never had a camera sadly.
But I'm not into convincing people anyways, I know what I'm seeing, however I can't tell you who or why!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Three sightings by now...but that's 68 yrs of looking......

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Why do you want to know?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I have never seen anything in the sky that I could not identify. I have however, spoken to a few highly placed and respected members of the Navy (US, NZ and Australian) whom have confided in me in confidence as to things they have seen that could not be identified - and they are trained observers.

So, I believe that there are things that breach our air space that appear to be intelligently controlled, as to whether the controllers are from Earth or otherwise is the real question.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have to agree with what Agent said. I have seen plenty of things in the sky that I, personally, could not identify, but I do not take it to the next level to say that it was extraterrestrial in origin.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

A friend and I had a sighting back in '91.

What I initially took to be the landing lights of a commercial jet approaching turned out to be part something large and silent that flew directly over our heads, in the dark, at fairly low altitude. It then turned and flew around the contour of a nearby hill and out of sight.

The strangest thing is that we could see two large lights, with beams facing forward like headlights, followed by several smaller lights, two or three of which were long 'pencils' of light. It gave the impression of a large semi-transparent craft, we could see the night stars behind these lights. The whole ensemble flew in perfect formation. Also, the two large lights with directional beams, were themselves globes of yellow/orange light, and they emitted faint vapour trails.

Weirdest thing I've ever seen with my own two eyes. Something I'll never forget is how my brain was scrambling for an explanation, I wasn't thinking 'UFO' at all, I was just trying to figure out what the hell I was looking at.

As a footnote, the very next day I heard on the radio that lots of people, including two police officers, all over an area of about 100 miles radius of where I was had seen and reported UFO's that night.

edit on 8-11-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I've seen some things.

Some that made me think "what th'?" for a moment until it became apparent that my brain and eyes had been having an argument for a bit.

A couple that I still have no idea what they were but no reason to think they were ET. Most recent was a few months ago. A strobe directly overhead, flashed 5 or 6 times, no apparent motion the whole time.

edit on 11/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Not a UFO, I guess...unless clouds are flying- I saw the symbols for Alpha, Omega, and Infinity as though in contrails*- but no contrails leading away from them. Those symbols together have a connection to something that happened to me as a teenager, so it was a very weird thing to see.

*As in how they look when they do sky writing.
edit on 19u5007pmb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
In my 49 years I never seen anything I could not identify flying in the sky. I do remember sometime in the 70's seeing a huge fireball in the sky. Both me and my brother saw it and the funny thing it was never even on the news and I mean it was huge too.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There's a fairly large orb of light, probably the size of a small airplane, that I've seen twice. It came from the same direction and silently moved NE on both occasions. Happened right after sunset both times. This light was about 500 ft up and went directly over my house. First I thought it was the headlights from a small plane, but once over my house I couldn't hear a engine or see any FAA lights. It didn't turn or make any maneuvers, but went straight and continued in the same direction the whole time. The second time it happened I grabbed my dad out of the house to see it. Should have grabbed a camera, but I don't know what I was thinking.

Then about a year later my wife and daughter were outside and witnessed the same thing except it came from the south and moved north this time. It was silent and best they could describe as a "ball of light". Happened around 10pm. Actually scared my daughter and she returned to the house crying. She wouldn't go outside at night for a while after the incident.

I have a nice camera now and am ready for its return, but I haven't seen it since 2009. Arnold Air Force Base is only 10 miles from my house, so I was wondering if it was one of theirs. I noticed a person 5 miles up the road from me reported a similar ball of light moving over the trees next to the highway here. They went on to report the light dipping down into the forest and breaking up into three different lights and started moving independently around the forest floor. They were driving down the highway when they witnessed this.

Another has reported a similar light hovering over the lake next to our house. They thought it was a helicopter, but stopped the car to get a better look. They realized it wasn't a helicopter, got spooked and drove away. So, this thing has been seen by many around here.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

I have a nice camera now and am ready for its return, but I haven't seen it since 2009.
Go to this site. Insert your location, and look for predictions for the ISS. You may get your chance.
www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yes. I've mentioned it several times on ATS. It remains unexplained and complete with high strangeness to a wee degree (silent circle under grey cloud cover, mid day, amber/red glow with no glare, gliding along south to north, a block away and 80 degrees up from the horizon, sudden burst forward so that it blurred into a streak instantly for six inches my POV before it simply wasn't there anymore - not off into the distance, it just disappeared. )

Peace,
AB

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I have a nice camera now and am ready for its return, but I haven't seen it since 2009.
Go to this site. Insert your location, and look for predictions for the ISS. You may get your chance.
www.heavens-above.com...

I always watch the ISS. I like seeing it pass over. I go out every night to watch satellites pass as well. This thing was MUCH bigger than any of those. I am a amateur astronomer, so I spend a lot of time outside at night. Also, this ball of light appeared from over the tree tops of the forest, so it was only several hundred feet up. Satellites are visible here for the first few hours after sunset (as in any other place), but they are very visible here.
edit on 8-11-2014 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Skeptic here.

I have seen 1 UFO that i believed to not be of this world, or anything conventional.
I've pondered upon it a lot.
Was on a flight from D.C to California, while over some of the plains states,(Time was around noon) I was looking out the window and saw a grey blob fly past the airplane going approximately 3 times faster then the plane. The part that really weighs on my mind to this day is that the object was by guess less then 200 yards away when it passed.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well there's nothing landed on my lawn as yet, and if it did I would kick ass.
However for perspective, as a kinder I watched Sputnik passing over and it wasn't alone. That was a mystery for me for a long, long time until I discovered that the second stage and payload faring, (which I knew nothing about anyway) had both made orbit, while I happened to see all in the setting sun very well even though Sputnik itself was tiny, but shiny. Anyway you can see where this could go, although then I didn't consider UFO just puzzled, and thought there's more than one of 'em.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

www.heavens-above.com...

doesn't this thread specifically state not to debunk?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: idonthavemanyfriends
Sorry, you're right.
It was a suggestion of how the poster may be able to use his camera. The description was very close to an ISS pass.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
yes. at least 3.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join