It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Wendy Davis -- Big Double Loss

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Wendy Davis lost her election for Texas Governor the other day (by a huge margin).

She apparently had to resign her position as a State Senator in order to run.

Not only did Davis lose, but her vacated State Senate seat was won by a candidate that is Tea Party and Pro-Life.

Double your pleasure double your fun as the old gum commercial said.

Wendy, we barely knew ye! Actually, that’s not true. We knew Wendy Davis well — too well. It is difficult to think of a more overexposed candidate in the 2014 election cycle. ..............

One last tidbit: Davis’s former Texas senate seat, which she gave up to run for governor? It now belongs to Republican Konni Burton. She is a tea-partier, and pro-life.

Everything Is Bigger in Texas—Like, for Instance, Wendy Davis’s Loss

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
She never had a chance in hell here.... I think both parties must give under the table money to get these lemmings to run.

I mean these people are not stupid. She never had a chance... she knew she never had a chance.

The worst thing that ever happened to america was in 1780 ish (Iforget the date) with the first federal party. It grew from there.... this government was meant to be ran without parties. When media occurred and thus said parties could advertise to the ignorant masses... the system failed.

the end

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
With Abbott in, Big business is sitting pretty, the average working guy, not so much.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It just seems that the Dem's can't contain there lies ad hatred, both of which Davis had plenty of.

Couldn't happen to a better person, unless ofcourse its PALOSI and REID, now if the dem's don't elect Reid and Pelosi to minority leader status then we have another double... that would be just to much to ask ... wouldn't it

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
With Abbott in, Big business is sitting pretty, the average working guy, not so much.

Yep. It'll be interesting to see how he tries to overturn Denton's Fracing ban.

On a connected note, I see his first publicity photo is out...........

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

"Average feminist" you mean:
Daily Caller

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BritofTexas

Dentonite here... I'll be surprised if they don't get the ban turned around somehow. But...Denton has always been a Hippy, Artsy type of town. That always brings a large amount of vocal people who will fight for a righteous cause. I always say Austin is like a Big Denton

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Patrick is even worse then Abbott.

Here are a couple of highlights.

Dan Patrick opposes abortion in cases of incest and rape.

Patrick is on record as determined to establish creationism into the public school curriculum in Texas, despite court rulings that such a policy would violate the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

I also recall an article which stated he didn't want to spend the funds to process the rape kit backlog.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

What exactly was so bad about Davis?

It's kind of funny how Republicans talk about their right to own guns and how they want government out of their lives.

They then turn around and say if you were raped you have to carry the child to term and then raise it your whole life.

Not one Republican sees how forcing a woman to have and raise a child they never asked for is a bigger government intrusion into their life then wanting to take your gun?

If I took your gun you wouldn't be able to shoot cans or squirrels. That's such a massive live altering event. Much much more life altering than raising the child of a rapist for the rest of your life right?

I have a proposal. Every Texan who wants to keep their gun has to raise the child of a woman denied an abortion. Sounds fair to me

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

a reply to: tavi45

What exactly was so bad about Davis?

What wasn't

Complete Wendy Davis breakdown/failure

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

i guess she wasn't wearing her lucky tennis shoes.
that's gotta suck.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Texas doesn't even have open carry for hand guns.

It fun to know that others think it's still the wild west though.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Or her lucky diaper.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

What wasn't? Her stance on women's rights wasn't bad. Can you enlighten my feeble progressive mind on how she was so terrible?

She wasn't anti gun as far as I can tell.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

What wasn't? Her stance on women's rights wasn't bad. Can you enlighten my feeble progressive mind on how she was so terrible?

She wasn't anti gun as far as I can tell.

Popularity and perception counts in elections.

Not always practical issues.

Plus she lied a lot.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I don't follow politics as closely as you. Care to elaborate? My perception is a reasonable women who cares about women's rights.

Is it just that (D) ?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Or like the way she used her 2nd husband to pay for her schooling then ditching him.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I don't follow politics as closely as you. Care to elaborate? My perception is a reasonable women who cares about women's rights.

Is it just that (D) ?

That's why she lost by a wide margin.

She was caught in many lies.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Or like the way she used her 2nd husband to pay for her schooling then ditching him.

OR .............

Under the cover of darkness, an anonymous WordPress blog went up over the weekend that will finally end this entire charade that is Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis. The Real Wendy Davis exposes the deep, dark secret that will surely derail the career of this upstart pro-choice Democrat who represents Ft. Worth: She used to have a different hairstyle.

Exclusive Wendy Davis News! Wendy Davis Was Once a Brunette! Feminism Is a Lie!

definitely self-misrepresentation !!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join