It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Passes “No Sharia” Amendment To State Constitution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
any religion based law proposed is automatically and defactoed shot down by the US Constitution decree of "separation of church and state".

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I'm confused how can foreign laws be upheld in US courts?

It's happened, sort of.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: grandmakdw
I lived in Madison Alabama for 9 years. I absolutely hated it. The first thing people did when they met you was that they'd say 'so what church do you go to?' and I was tired of the constant stream of people knocking on the door with their religious tracts trying to save my soul. I'm very glad I moved out of there to where religion is a private matter.

That being said, I support Alabama passing this law. It's their right to do so and it is a common sense measure.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Mark I think that you'll find the only language in the U.S. Constituion that specifically deals with religion is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Religiously based laws could be acceptable as long as they are divorced from the actual practice of any particular relgion.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I didn't read every response so this might have been already been stated, but this also attempts to invalidate any extra-state marriages between same-sex couples.

That will be the angle from which it will be attacked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join