It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bombogenesis!" -Michio Kaku Says 'All Hell's Going To Break Loose!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

will we hit the 40s in Cocoa Beach? (Fla.)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm posting this just because it's so unusual, and beautiful: wind map

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
So we are in for it when it passes over the great lakes? Considering the current water temps around 55*F this will mean epic lake snow. 1 hr north of Buffalo here and about 15 min from Lake Ontario, this should get interesting to say the least..

It will depend on where the low's center is, and therefore where the wind & moisture flow is. As it stands, we in MI were initially promised over the past few days tons of snow across the board, UP & lower alike. As in, the forecast for anywhere was bouncing from 4 inches up to a foot. Now it's looking like an inch or two, if not just cold rain (if I get cold rain, I will be PISSED) As the days progress and the forecast models change, it's looking more & more like it's probably going to be a whole bunch of nothing other than a week of drizzly 30's during the day here. However, I'll be thrilled to be shown a blizzard if Mother Nature so decides, I don't mind!
edit on 11/8/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
One other factor that needs to be understood with regard to ice age, short or long-term, is the position of the jet stream, how far south it goes and how long it remains looped southerly, or even its absence altogether. I would think the jet stream plays a significant part in whether or not a short or long-term ice age kicks in?

If you look at the position of the jet stream during the coming cold snap on Accuweather's website, you will see how it loops as far south as Mexico, allowing room for the extreme cold to be drawn down as a polar vortex across most of America. Once the forces causing the jet stream to loop this far south weaken, the jet stream should normally rebound back north, and pull warm air up from the warmer regions.

www.accuweather.com...

If we enter a short or long-term ice age, we can expect the jet stream to be locked southerly for a long time, or even move entirely to equatorial regions. The more frequent and larger the looping south of the jet stream the greater signifier of the Northern Hemisphere entering an ice age. I reckon it could all complete in a decade, speeding up as it begins. The question is...which decade?

We can handle living in extreme cold for a few months, but not years. It would force us to adapt our societies to ever-present winter conditions. Many people would want to migrate south to the warmer climes, which of course, would be met with resistance.

edit on 9/11/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

This guy usually reports on string theory and quantum field theory.

Michio Kaku

Also, it sounds like a rather normal harsh winter storm - although I did take from the interview to expect more drastic winters due to climate change.
edit on 09amSun, 09 Nov 2014 03:07:16 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
And next week will be filled with videos of people who, instead of staying home, went about business as usual only to be stuck in miles-long traffic jams in cars that refuse to move on ice and snow covered highways, running out of gas to keep themselves warm.

And then they'll bitch that the government didn't do enough to come save them from themselves.

USA'ians can't even handle a few hours with the power out. How are they gonna handle weeks or months of all public services being goners, which is bound to happen sooner or later?

That was Dallas last year. They predicted only a 1/4 inch of ice but later on changed it to 1 inch so that caught us off guard. And it was actually worse, almost 2 inches of ice! We don't have snow plows and the ice was cobbled (hard and bumpy) so cars were getting stuck everywhere. It was a total nightmare. We struggled for 5 days.

That was in mid-December, at the height of Xmas shopping. I don't remember it being that bad here in a while and now they're predicting the same winter this year, too.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert

will we hit the 40s in Cocoa Beach? (Fla.)

I heard Florida won't be affected since the air mass won't reach that far. But Dallas, Tx weather will drop into the low 30s in the morning. That's pretty cold for us. (Today will be in the 70s)
edit on 9-11-2014 by texasgirl because: added more

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

This man/scientist is a fool and a sell out. He should be managing the night shift at gas station. It is winter and guess what winter can be cold..........This has happened before. The mainstream media and the payed sell outs coining catch phrases for weather events should try running real stories for a change.

Whatever credibility this man had vanished with his dignity and pride.
edit on 9-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

wow...small world. I live on Upper Mt. Between Pekin and the reservation.

Sup neighbor.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

No fear. I've lived in western NY all my life. I miss the winters from the 60's and 70's. I remember 20-30 foot drifts on our road that the big trucks with the V plows on the front had to ram the drifts, back up, and keep ramming them to get through. Had awesome snow forts when I was a kid.
I don't understand all the doom weather reports with the storms we have now. Like someone else said, less and less snow, more and more doom.
My Ariens snow blower is ready to go. Bring it on.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This is more likely what the storm means in the real world:

Remember when last December, a bout of cold weather crushed the US economy for the next 3 months, and subtracted about $100 billion from trendline growth, and when one after another economist (who were then predicting the yield on the 10 Year would "greatly rotate" to 4% by right about now, and who expected the US economy to have reached escape velocity in the second half only to see a 2014 GDP trendline as follows Q2: 4.6%, Q3: 3.5% (soon to be reviser lower), and Q4 now estimated just about 2.0%) blamed the then -3.0% GDP print on snow in the winter? Well here comes round two, because as CBS reports, "prepare for an invasion from the north. A blast of polar air is about to send temperatures plunging in the heart of America."

Source: ZeroHedge - US Economy Shudders: East Coast Set To Freeze As Polar Vortex 2 Arrives

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Except this isn't a real polar vortex. That involves both upper and lower level cold air being drawn in. In this case, the real upper level cold air remains solidly up across Greenland and that area.

No doubt we're getting a nasty shot of cold air and weather, but it's not a true polar vortex event.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is my weather forecast for when the effects roll into my area and the change occurs:

This forecast I have pulled up today may change through the week and the change may be more extreme. I will watch to see how drastic of a change in temps/precip it is going to be. But for the month of November in my area it is not abnormal historically to have a drastic weather change in this month.

I can remember many of Thanksgiving weekends where travelers in the states got stranded trying to get home due to drastic weather conditions. This storm is just going to come in hard and be a sudden fast dramatic change in pressure and temps and perhaps cause precip / snow in the more northern areas which will result in a stand still situation if it gets bad enough.

The reason Astro is of concern is because of the massive area it will cover which in turn will effect so many people, 3.8 Million approximately.

leolady

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

A couple of us live in this vicinity, amazing isn't it! I know that area like the back of my hand. Will be passing through either today or tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Very cool. You wouldn't be going to Joe's would ya? or maybe No Blanket?

And to keep the post on topic.

Meteoroligical 'bomb' is about to go off in Bering Strait

Awesome looking Storm. Hope the Northwestern and Time Bandit are safe at dock.

edit on 11 9 2014 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
WTF did they even have him on to discuss it?

I mean really is he doing the bombogenesis circuit tour?

Go back to being in horrid made for television documentaries.

Its going to be hella cold here start monday.... 70s today, FREEZING next week, no mention of it being worse on the 13th.

Whats Next Neil Tyson deGrasse giving tidbits on loosing weight?
edit on 9-11-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hmm well I heard that the storm fizzled out.. kinda taking away his doom..
The weather channel says it will be cold but Not a disaster scenario...
Onto the next doom projection please.

Id be more worried about the next earth facing solar flare than this storm

edit on 9-11-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

He's a fear salesman.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

He's a fear salesman.

Yeah I know,
some of his shows are a bit interesting though..But I agree, he does seem to be a little over dramatic
too bad he wasnt advertising for a snowblower or snowmobile company.
edit on 9-11-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

"Bombogenesis!" -Michio Kaku Says 'All Hell's Going To Break Loose!

Um ... no. The storm went through the Alaskan Islands and has significantly weakened. Even my weather report for this week has improved. The temps will be warmer than they had anticipated and the snow showers are off the forecast.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join