It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 States now have complete Republican control

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Exactly, and people need to continue to vote the rats in both parties out until they do something about the mess they have created, whether you are democrat or republican , and don't be afraid to cross party lines, a divided country is the problem, we need to work together.

It's us against them.

This will take generations to clean up this mess, decades of corruption ruined Illinois it won't be easy.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: olaru12

I answered you so are you going to be an adult and answer my question?

Here's the way I see your disconnect. You are willing to allow cons back into society unfettered; but want to control people that have a different political view than the one you hold.

A clear case of letting your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

I want to control people???? How so?

keeping people down, dumb and impoverished, thats how democrats have controlled their constituents, anyone arguing otherwise on a forum as informed as this, is either brainwashed or being purposely disingenuous, probably the latter.

Or they may be arguing it because unlike you they know a little more about history then you do. It was the Republicans that doubled the size of the dept of Education and then cut it's funding which helped with the dumbing down of Americans. It was the Republicans specifically Reagan that started the war on the middle class when he started going after the Unions without which there never would have been a middle class in America. It was Reagan that laid the ground work for NAFTA and Bush then signed later it was Clinton that finalized it but that was nothing but show because it was already working when he went into office. This helped to kill our economy because companies that were already making record profits could make even more by moving to other nations. It was the Republicans which hurt the middle class even further when they bailed out Wall Street that money could have been used to help to rebuild the infrastructure in America but it was better to line the pockets of bankers that was running a pyramid scheme who were also major contributors to the politicians that supported the bailout.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I see a potential for recovery. Am I wrong on this?

I'm all for bigger state foot print and small federal footprint. The fun part to watch is that in two years Abortion will still be legal, the poor will not have starved, there will be more pot states and the gays will be able to marry in more states, so not sure what the democrats will have to complain about.

But who knows...maybe we will finally have control of our borders, and employment at an all time low, and jobs creation at an all time high too.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Exactly, and people need to continue to vote the rats in both parties out until they do something about the mess they have created, whether you are democrat or republican , and don't be afraid to cross party lines, a divided country is the problem, we need to work together.

It's us against them.

This will take generations to clean up this mess, decades of corruption ruined Illinois it won't be easy.

You don't seem to understand it doesn't matter if you vote Republican or Democrat because that is the problem in this country because people are still voting for them. For this country to get fixed then all political parties need to be disbanded.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
God... help.. us all..

The senate majority fight has claimed most of the news stories this week, rightly.

Less talked about is the new level of Republican control at a State level. 23 States now have the Governorships and both chambers in Republican control. Many other states have a larger republican influence as well.

As the prerequisite 'finding common ground' rhetoric is over, Obama's reassertion of an E.O. on immigration and responses of defunding any such E.O. in response by Republicans shows the muskets are being loaded, lines in the sand drawn and super gridlock is likely..

Does this open the door for unilateral action by States to nullify/block/abandon Federal programs and laws?

Some states have disassociated from common core, Obamacare and outright nullification of Federal gun control laws before this election cycle.

With control of both house in Republican hands is the door open for individual states to ramp up nullification and other acts knowing they will be backed/support by congress?

Is this a potential tactic that could break a Federal gridlock and lessen federal controls over individual state rights issues?

Would any Obama retaliatory move be blocked by Congress?

I'm largely shooting in the dark on this one so any feedback would be appreciated..

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

It's us against them.

You don't seem to understand it doesn't matter if you vote Republican or Democrat because that is the problem in this country because people are still voting for them. For this country to get fixed then all political parties need to be disbanded.

Or for us to move to a proportional representation system, not the "winner takes all" model we currently have. Our current model makes it not only difficult for a viable third party to emerge and survive but also makes it true that "a vote for a third party is a vote for the other candidate."

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The Republicans do not have a model nor policy for environmental regulation, climate change, income inequality/poverty, or worker's rights. This is where they fail utterly.

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I see a potential for recovery. Am I wrong on this?

I'm all for bigger state foot print and small federal footprint. The fun part to watch is that in two years Abortion will still be legal, the poor will not have starved, there will be more pot states and the gays will be able to marry in more states, so not sure what the democrats will have to complain about.

But who knows...maybe we will finally have control of our borders, and employment at an all time low, and jobs creation at an all time high too.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It's us against them.

You're a piece of work!!! You rag on the democrats unmercifully, insult progressives and liberals at every opportunity but now it's "both parties" that have created the mess and we need to cross party lines?
Perhaps a little introspection is in order.....You help divide the country with your blatant conservative partisanship!!!! But now we need to work together?

If you are going to be a right winger, well and good, I can respect that! What I can't respect is hypocrisy!!!

edit on 9-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

That is not going to happen, so we need an idea that will work, or just live with what we got. I still blame the voter, ignorant people keep voting the same failing reps back into office.

As example: The Governor of OR dumped 500 million down the drain on two totally failed projects, hired his girl friend as a 6 figure "consultant" and let her do other private work with his influence while getting busted for running a pot house and marrying a non- America citizen for money. Also, OR has the highest taxes in the country and can't afford crap...But hey, they had ads that said the challenger will make abortions illegal (totally false) as their main point and he is back once again.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have lived in Illinois all my life, if only we could ditch Chicago maybe things would change,

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
The Republicans do not have a model nor policy for environmental regulation, climate change

They do, it is just not Al Gore extreme, nor is it one, like in OR, where they would rather see trees burn than cut for industry... Between the two I'll stay away from your side of this and go for what is good for all and reasonable.

income inequality/poverty,

What is equable here?...how about getting paid for work done. No one blames the cost of living increase that Obama has fueled. They just say pay is too low... geez

Also, 8 years under Clinton and 8 years under Obama...did any of this changed?

edit on 9-11-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
how many republicans have voted to raise the minimum wage?...how many republicans voted for health care for the working class poor?...how many republicans have voted for equal pay for women?...how many republicans are for letting women have birth control or get an abortion?...how many republicans are for raising taxes on the wealthy, rather than on the poor or middle class?...what party has voted to cut veterans benefits, CDC funding?...what party has shut down the government twice?...what party wants to allow the clinically insane, and violent crime prison parolees, to buy any and all types of guns?.....and yet....we have a right-majority on the supreme court, a right-wing senate, a right-wing congress, and 31 out of 50 republican governors......BUT THE PROBLEM IS!!!!....liberals and Obama...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Hmm, then how did they destroy the democrats in this election??

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Once again, equal wages are already law.

It is also law that convicted felons cannot buy guns.

It is already federal policy to deny those that are 'insane' from passing background checks. Including vets suffering from PTSD.

I buy my own rubbers...ladies can buy their own birth control pills....

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, let's get this show on the road already... swear them in now and let's go.
Come on over, I've got HD and popcorn.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Make them cost the same as condoms and available without a prescription (really stupid btw not to be under a doctors care first) and I'll agree with you.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So exactly which federal laws should be nullified?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Hmm, it failed? I didn't know that. Ah, vetoed. We shall see what gets vetoed after this election.
There are others. Utah, Idaho, Kansas, Alaska, so on . All with various state laws that restrict Federal laws.

Actually, I have no obligation-and no one else does, either- to support via link or any other means their opinions. I pose the concept of Nullification-which is being used at an unprecedented rate to curb federal incursion- as a strategy to break the likely gridlock of the next two years.

Of course, I expected responses such as yours. It goes without saying. With the control of both the Senate and Congress in Republican hands, along with the increased Republican power at the state level, it's a safe bet that the nullification process will increase dramatically and effectively at the state level.

That same gridlock that demands state action will result in no effective action by the federal gov't to stop it.

Mo.? It will get through now.....

You were wrong about something you claimed with gusto and arrogance to be true. You were shown clear evidence that it wasn't true. And what is your response? You double down on your mistake and make another unsubstantiated claim, just for good measure.

No, technically you don't have to provide anything. However, when you make baseless claims, and when these claims are shown repeatedly to be false, perhaps it does make a little sense to toss in a fact or two now and then, in your posting.

As a matter of fact, we are all required to post factual information and refrain from posting information that we know to be untrue. We have have that obligation as members.

The position that you are posting is willfully ignorant. "Nullification" is not a valid concept, in fact, it is and has been shown repeatedly to be unconstitutional and illegal. You and your secessionist buddies may think so, but you've been proven wrong before.

Dramatically wrong.

I've told you before, I'm excited about the Republican win. The stubborn adherence in your post to misrepresentations points out one of the big reasons why: Republicans don't realize that if this "big win" means anything, it means that people want a change. Not a continuation of the same unproductive mess they've seen from Congress ... and you're showing here that you're HAPPY about gridlock. You think it's a great thing!

You and yours are so excited, you forget that you won by a fairly slim margin. Across the country it was about 52 x 48 in the Republicans "favor" ... that means that 48 percent VOTED AGAINST your Republican dream of dissolving the country.

And that is in a Midterm.

So, calm down, sit back and enjoy the show with us. The part I'm looking most forward to are exorcisms on C-SPAN.

Popcorn?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm with you Kali!

We can play that drinking game where we take a shot every time one of them invokes God or Reagan, what do we call it "Right Doesn't Make Right."

Heh.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Might be the only way to get through the next 2 years... in a drunken haze lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join