It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 States now have complete Republican control

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
If we're lucky, the big thing it means is that two years from now, when all the idiots who voted for Republicans as an anti-Obama vote realize not only will things not change, but they'll be even worse, that the Two Party-One Coin system will die, die, die, a permanent death and no one will ever vote Republican OR Democrat ever again.

Its not going away anytime in our lifetime. 2 party is not the issue as much as the polarization that has happen in the last 30 years. We see utter failures that keep getting voted back into office, so why would you think that people would all of a sudden change?

And would someone PLEASE TELL ME why ANYONE would vote to look at Mitch McConnell's face for another couple years???

I would vote for anyone as long as it does the same for Harry Reid....

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Having looked at the election with some interest the following can be stated:

The people are tired. They are tired of promises that are made and no delivered on, they are tired of the endless rhetoric in the halls of power and they are tired of a country that appears to be stalled. For 6 years the Democrats have had the power, 2 to 4 they had the majority in congress, with all of the power and authority that goes along with it. They could have passed at any time anything that they wanted and essentially done it and gotten something done.

But the problem is that in many cases the policies and laws that were enacted were the same old stuff, just a different dressing. The burdens of the country lies on the shoulders of its people, and people are getting fed up, to the point where if they want change in the government, they have to do it themselves. What we can hope to see, for real change, is not if this or that party is in power, but that the incumbents start to lose their jobs, that the newer batches of people being elected start to listen to what the people are saying and govern wisely. If not we can expect for the next several years more political pandering and bickering, until a few come along that seek to unite and bring people together, rather than split them apart.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Merely throwing your "logic" back at you.

Quoting percentiles is useless. All are fait accomplis, including the mid-terms...get over it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
rebelpundit.com...

Democrats in charge have literally destroyed Illinois, the Argentina of America.

Noonie Ward Chicago Activists Unchained, Destroy Black Leadership rebelpundit October 29, 2014 Hood Report, News, Rebel Pundit, RebelPundit TV 233 Comments 1 Chicago activists Paul McKinley, Mark Carter, Joseph Watkins and Harold “Noonie” Ward recently went on the record with RebelPundit to deliver a message to black communities across the country. That message shed’s light on who they say are the “real oppressors” of their community–Black-liberal democrats. Although these men are recognized as leaders among the local community, local mainstream media refuses to give them a platform. McKinley explains that black americans are in an “abusive relationship with black leadership…There not pushing a black agenda, they’re not pushing a family agenda, they’re pushing a neo-liberal agenda.” They always talk about black on black crime, and when you here the words black on black crime, the first thing you think of is a black man is a black man robbing you or breaking in your house, and that is a black on black crime. But lets take it one step further. There’s a black on black crime down in city hall, there’s a black on black crime down in all the state capitols in America, where all the black folks are voting against our interests.” “We’re always talking about what the Republican’s ain’t done for us, but my life has been hurt by democrats,” Watkins says, “this lot where I stand right now, Ida B. Wells, where public housing residents used to live at, most of the people are homeless living in the street, it’s because of you Mr. President. “They (black leaders) forced us into a life of welfare, we don’t welfare,” Carter explains, “we want opportunities to go to work, we want opportunities to own businesses.”

Democrats have ruined Illinois

youtu.be...

www.pottsmerc.com...

www.frontpagemag.com...

Toxic Government by Democrats: Chicago

Chicago the town that gave us Obama,The city of Chicago, Illinois has been led exclusively by Democratic mayors

The following is the third in a series of articles that will expose the misery of life in America’s poorest cities, all of which have one thing in common: they are controlled exclusively by Democrats

Even other democrats are seeing the light, wake up
edit on 113030p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: olaru12

I answered you so are you going to be an adult and answer my question?

Here's the way I see your disconnect. You are willing to allow cons back into society unfettered; but want to control people that have a different political view than the one you hold.

A clear case of letting your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

I want to control people???? How so?

link   

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Anyone who survives that will starve to death because the republicans will deny them access to food or shelter.

I'm not sure how the human race survived before Government subsidies and entitlements were provided for nothing more than just breathing....

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Merely throwing your "logic" back at you.

Quoting percentiles is useless. All are fait accomplis, including the mid-terms...get over it.

You haven't done anything except demonstrate that you're intent on posting nonsense.

Get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

It could go the way you say. Perhaps it's virtually inevitable.

I do, however, believe that in tough times, this nation can rise to the occasion and create solutions.

It is my hope. Ideally, in a peaceful and mutually agreed upon manner. If not, then any way at all. Otherwise it's over.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: olaru12

I answered you so are you going to be an adult and answer my question?

Here's the way I see your disconnect. You are willing to allow cons back into society unfettered; but want to control people that have a different political view than the one you hold.

A clear case of letting your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

I want to control people???? How so?

keeping people down, dumb and impoverished, thats how democrats have controlled their constituents, anyone arguing otherwise on a forum as informed as this, is either brainwashed or being purposely disingenuous, probably the latter.
edit on 113030p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 123030p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Democrats have "literally destroyed" the state of Illinois?

Stormdancer, words have meaning. Quoting a few right-wing pundits and posting a Youtube video is fine but ...

can you provide any better evidence for your claim that Democrats have "literally destroyed" Illinois?

Because, here in the real world, at least according to a white paper authored by Chase Bank for investors:

As of September 2014, Illinois' real GDP is higher than anytime in the last seven years as its employment rate, growth of the economy is projected to speed up in 2015 even more ... etc. etc.

So, your evidence is looking a bit one-sided there, Stormdancer; what do you think?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Oregon is almost full democrat now. They even voted their failing Governor back in for the 4th time. I can't say that a Democratic controlled state is the way to go...hehe

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

keeping people down, dumb and impoverished, thats how democrats have controlled their constituents, anyone arguing otherwise on a forum as informed as this, is either brainwashed or being purposely disingenuous, probably the latter.

I wouldn't totally agree with this. What the Democrats do well is prey on the ignorant by telling them they will provide them free stuff if they vote Democrat. In Democratic states there is a lot of high maintenance Government, but the poor are still poor. One thing to always remember is when you remove the unions, the entitlements and the Government workers you basically end up with republicans. This is why most large city populations lean Democrat since that is where you find the highest concentration of the three groups I listed above.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hmm, it failed? I didn't know that. Ah, vetoed. We shall see what gets vetoed after this election.
There are others. Utah, Idaho, Kansas, Alaska, so on . All with various state laws that restrict Federal laws.

Actually, I have no obligation-and no one else does, either- to support via link or any other means their opinions. I pose the concept of Nullification-which is being used at an unprecedented rate to curb federal incursion- as a strategy to break the likely gridlock of the next two years.

Of course, I expected responses such as yours. It goes without saying. With the control of both the Senate and Congress in Republican hands, along with the increased Republican power at the state level, it's a safe bet that the nullification process will increase dramatically and effectively at the state level.

That same gridlock that demands state action will result in no effective action by the federal gov't to stop it.

Mo.? It will get through now.....

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ah yes, the all too common "Democrats win by giving free stuff" argument couple with the bugbears of unions, entitlements and government workers.

Let's ignore the historical facts that it is Democratic Presidents that have presided over the best economic times of our history, and that Republicans preside over disasters (1929 - Hoover, 2008 - Bush).

Let's ignore the fact that the labor movement helped rid the US of child labor, helped establish a fair wage, work benefits, a 40 hour work week, and so much we all take for granted.

Let's ignore the facts that if it weren't for the social safety net programs emplaced by Democrats and struggled against by Republicans, the poor would not just be poor they'd be homeless, penniless and starving on our streets. Let's ignore the fact that Republicans at the state levels do everything they can to thwart and undermine social programs (not to mention education).

Yep, as long as we ignore most of reality, the Republicans look preeety good, eh?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's interesting to see how the left seems to be in total denial- still- after this election.

Having out-spent the republicans by far in ad campaigns, pushing the race card, inventing a war against women, every tactic in the book.

They get wiped out.

The current edition of the Democrat Party is D.O.A..

In all likelihood, for the next two years, the Supreme Court will remain as it is. Without moving further to the left.

All that is left to deal with is the Gridlock between the Legislature and the Executive Branch.

For the next two years, the States have an almost unprecedented opportunity to restore portions of State power as was intended by the founding fathers.

I see a potential for recovery. Am I wrong on this?

edit on 9-11-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

can you provide any better evidence for your claim that Democrats have "literally destroyed" Illinois?

As of September 2014, Illinois' real GDP is higher than anytime in the last seven years as its employment rate, growth of the economy is projected to speed up in 2015 even more ... etc. etc.

1. Illinois for about 40 plus years now has killed new industries from coming to their state due to high property taxes (in the top 10%) and high business taxes (in the top 5%). There is also no breaks on any other taxes either with the rest being middle or upper middle compared to all other states.

Nearly 90 percent of Illinois voters believe that corruption is typical in state government, according to a new poll.
Their own voters see the corruption and even Forbes magazine also listed Illinois as the 4th most corrupted state.

3. Illinois ranks 13th in violent crime... between (S Indiana Ave / E 60th St) in Chicago you have a 1 in 13 chance of becoming a victim. In 2013 it also was #1 with leading the nation in homicides with more than 500... Can't say this is very good.....

4. Unemployment is 14th worst at 6.6....

Overall you statement is correct since there is really no way but up for them to go...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Ah yes, the all too common "Democrats win by giving free stuff" argument couple with the bugbears of unions, entitlements and government workers.

Let's ignore the historical facts that it is Democratic Presidents that have presided over the best economic times of our history, and that Republicans preside over disasters (1929 - Hoover, 2008 - Bush).

Don't forget that about 1950 the two parties basically swapped ideals... BTW I did very good under Bush....Can't say the same for Obama...

Let's ignore the fact that the labor movement helped rid the US of child labor, helped establish a fair wage, work benefits, a 40 hour work week, and so much we all take for granted.

Lets talk today... Many see the Democratic party as a free ride, bigger government and union support and the party promotes these ideas to garner votes.

Let's ignore the facts that if it weren't for the social safety net programs emplaced by Democrats and struggled against by Republicans, the poor would not just be poor they'd be homeless, penniless and starving on our streets. Let's ignore the fact that Republicans at the state levels do everything they can to thwart and undermine social programs (not to mention education).

Oh what did the poor do before the Democrats had their safety nets in place? They worked and got support from the community.... Today they are just one number in a mass of people. The Government sees no individuality and the poor stay poor and even get worst.

edit on 9-11-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 How about 'will' ? "about or going to" . A valid future definition.

It is the stated intention by Obama and his staff.

You can split hairs all day long and avoid the subject matter. I'm a truck driver, sir, not a professional spinmeister.

The issues of nullification 'will' come up again at the federal level. It probably results in no clear cut result, at a guess.

As I said in the original post, I'm shooting in the dark on this and would like others opinion on this. I've gotten yours, LMAO.

Your views haven't changed mine.

I do acknowledge them, however.

You may very well be right as far as the result of all this.

I still feel strongly, that the effort should be made by the states...in case your are not.

edit on 9-11-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join