It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 States now have complete Republican control

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Only 2% of the population took part in the revolution...

I guess we should give America back to the Brits.

"What kind of logic is that?"

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: olaru12

So then we should just execute them no trial just bam?

Now you are reaching for straws with stupid hyperbole. The American justice system is broken...Now what is the GOP going to do about it now that they have the power? More private prisons? That should work

If you want to debate fine....all I ask is to keep it on an adult level.

Do the people that have served their time deserve all their rights when they get out? It's either a yes or no.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So then we should just execute them no trial just bam?

Now you are reaching for straws with stupid hyperbole. The American justice system is broken...Now what is the GOP going to do about it now that they have the power? More private prisons? That should work

If you want to debate fine....all I ask is to keep it on an adult level.

Do the people that have served their time deserve all their rights when they get out? It's either a yes or no.

I'll answer your question with a question.....

Do you want convicted sex offenders moving next door to you?

It's either yes or no.....
edit on 9-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

With the 'help' of the distressed, we have ended up off-topic.

Is Nullification-and outright ignoring of federal programs and laws- an option to end the likely gridlock that we face?

(Many Federal Laws are ignored by the States without consequence. An example is the Federal law that demands the same speed limits for trucks as for cars. Violation can result in suspension of federal highway funds. Ignored by many....)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If they paid their debt to society then who am I too tell someone where they can live.

It doesn't mean that I have to trust them and it sure in the hell doesn't mean I can tell where and how to live.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Republicans are the answer for the disgruntled (this cycle) , once they fall out of favor again the cycle will replay itself and the democrats will become that welcome majority, are people insane? well if you only have two choices that is a dilemma, you must have 3 possible choices to have real freedom of choice, or you will be forever locked in between two poles, the positive and negative, never a middle ground or way out.

The real problem is America is not moving forward it has been stagnant for many years , the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, taxation is only increasing while wages go down and the population increases while the overall cost of living skyrockets, if someone can help bring back the days of when you could save enough money from your labors, buy a piece of property or a house in full and take the power away the banks in the form of mortgages, loans and interest.

The banks are the middle man sucking away your labors while taxation is the other in the equation.

They have control of all of your dreams, any means to get ahead in the form of your labor and savings is impossible for the average person, meanwhile we have politicians who do not get it, and do not understand their own constituents and their conditions, until they do, they should not receive any votes or support from anyone that are not considered the elite and top rung business executives.
edit on 9-11-2014 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yes, let's throw a patriotic-sounding Red Herring onto the pile, Trucker!

You're using your same faulty logic. If your 2% number were even legitimate, you're talking about soldiers? So none of the wives, children and elders back home supported the Revolution? Only the ones you want to use in a cherry-picked fallacious example?

By your "logic" then, only 6% or so of Americans were frontline soldiers in World War II; does that mean you want to turn the country over to the Nazis or Imperial Japan??? (Source 1) (Source 2)

I'm sorry you want to abdicate American sovereignty to the UK or Japan or Germany, but that's not what most of us want, Trucker.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The biggest eg. would be Missouri. They have nullified all Federal gun laws. ALL of them.

Further, it is now a crime in Mo. for any federal agent attempting to enforce any federal gun law inside Mo.

There are other egs. not covered by the left media google them, Get educated on it.

You say the E.O. re. amnesty 'hasn't happened yet.' Fine. Obama says he intends to. I said IF he does, then impeachment proceedings WILL begin. Probably not if he changes his mind.

As far as Democrat/Obama violations of the Constitution goes, they are available. Google them. Again, your MSNBC and CNN crowd avoid the topic like it was ebola...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Are you talking to yourself now?

"Nullification" is and has been determined to be baseless and illegal. Clearly demonstrated here.

Ignoring a law (failing to execute or breaking it) is not "nullification" ... now you're just ludicrously conflating silliness.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Good point. Although which is worse, a public prison system that allows/promotes rape and murder within it's confines-largely due to the public sector unions- or private prisons?

Our 'rehabilitation' facilities are beyond a joke.....

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I answered you so are you going to be an adult and answer my question?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

a reply to: jimmyx

So criminals that have served their time do not deserve to have their rights back?

depends...did they serve time for embezzling $5,000 from their boss, or did they serve time shooting and killing someone....that's why we have judges
edit on 9-11-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The biggest eg. would be Missouri. They have nullified all Federal gun laws. ALL of them.

Further, it is now a crime in Mo. for any federal agent attempting to enforce any federal gun law inside Mo.

There are other egs. not covered by the left media google them, Get educated on it.

You say the E.O. re. amnesty 'hasn't happened yet.' Fine. Obama says he intends to. I said IF he does, then impeachment proceedings WILL begin. Probably not if he changes his mind.

As far as Democrat/Obama violations of the Constitution goes, they are available. Google them. Again, your MSNBC and CNN crowd avoid the topic like it was ebola...

Good lord.

Wrong again Trucker. Blatantly.

Missouri Legislature Fails to Nullify Gun Laws

What began with a bang ended with a whimper.

The Missouri legislature failed to pass a bill nullifying the federal gun grab, leaving residents of the Show Me State vulnerable to the Obama administration’s assault on this fundamental right.

So, you're wrong in the one thing you actually tried to cite evidence for. Sorry.

As to the rest of your post, you're just looking like you don't know how discussion works: here's the basics.

You make a claim, you support it. You don't put it on the person asking for evidence to go find your evidence for you.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Clearly demonstrated here?

LOL. The only thing clearly demonstrated is your fear of this strategy.

Gee ignoring is different than Nullification. Duh. That's why I mentioned it. LOL Another 'tool' so to speak, in the arsenal to be used in countering the massive centralization of power this administration has done.

Frankly, I'm not fussy on how it gets fixed.

That includes dissolving the Union or as a last resort rebellion.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

PS, here's what you said about EOs and Amnesty:

An E.O. granting amnesty to millions, which contradicts existing law, will get an impeachment vote with Democrat support.

Fear....

I don't see the conditional "if" statement in there that you're alleging you put in, do you?

Also, I'm waiting on you quoting me to say that "impeachment is traitorous."

If you can't, I'd like to request an apology from you and an acknowledgement that you misrepresented me.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I answered you so are you going to be an adult and answer my question?

I'll stand by the laws that the probation, parole officials have in place. Convicted felons are not rehabilitated and serving time does not allow them the privileges and franchise to enter back into normal society. There are conditions outside the justice system that convicted felons must meet.

I don't want to live close to or be associated with individuals that have proven they have no sense of honor or responsibility.
Cons that have committed victim less crimes; I can cut some slack.

How's that?

Here's the way I see your disconnect. You are willing to allow cons back into society unfettered; but want to control people that have a different political view than the one you hold.

A clear case of letting your ideology get in the way of your common sense.
edit on 9-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Clearly demonstrated here?

LOL. The only thing clearly demonstrated is your fear of this strategy.

Gee ignoring is different than Nullification. Duh. That's why I mentioned it. LOL Another 'tool' so to speak, in the arsenal to be used in countering the massive centralization of power this administration has done.

Frankly, I'm not fussy on how it gets fixed.

That includes dissolving the Union or as a last resort rebellion.

So because you declare victory in the face of the very Constitution itself and multiple decisions of the Supreme Court, Federal Courts and STATE COURTS ... that's supposed to mean something?

You brought up speeding as evidence "nullification," Trucker; don't blame me for your bad examples.

But, thanks for finally being honest and tipping your hand as a Secessionist.

That tells us all we need to know.

link   

edit on 11Sun, 09 Nov 2014 11:11:13 -060014p1120141166 by Gryphon66 because: Double

link   
Dang, a triple!
edit on 11Sun, 09 Nov 2014 11:11:41 -060014p1120141166 by Gryphon66 because: Triple play.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join