It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing myself with a story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm here because I had a lucid encounter and I needed to see if maybe someone else has encountered this. I've been looking a while and I never find a good description of what I saw. That being said I would post it if there wasn't a requirement of twenty posts needed first. So my story shall be my greeting as I place it here instead.

All that I feel really needs to be known before the start of this story is that lucid dreams aren't new to me and by this time, I was having lucid dreams, at the least, every other night.

It was a Tuesday in the afternoon. I had just got home from school at about 12pm since I only had 5 periods instead of the usual 7 at my school. When I got to my room I was so tired I threw my back pack aside and plopped onto my bed. An important note to add would be the layout of my room. If you were laying on my bed looking across the room you would see this; Of course the rest of my body until you hit the foot of the bed, a window with gray curtains, and the closet to the left (my bed is against the wall).

As I drifted asleep, it to be a good 30 minutes or so before I became lucid. Once lucid I decided I wanted to go for a walk so I turned the dreamscape to that of a mall. The mall would be like that of one that is partially outside. I always loved the holidays so it was quite festive once I walked inside. Think of a stereotypical Hollywood movie mall with escalators and what not. As I turn a corner inside the mall, I noticed everyone was gone. I found it very odd but didn't think very much of it.
As I reached the center of the mall with the giant christmas tree surrounded by fake snow, I noticed a tall figure in an overcoat standing behind the tree as if spying on me. Due to the lighting I could not see his face but I did find it odd. Right as I focused on him, people started pouring out from different stores and other areas as if carrying on their day. However, one thing was different about them. They were all giving me threatening looks as if I was the one who didn't belong.

Feeling troubled by this I made an exit in the mall lead to a street in a town similar to New York (I've noticed some people like changing the dreamscape all at once but I like creating doors if you will). I look to the left and to the right as I am on a stretched out street in town. All that can be seen in both directions is street lights and kids trick-or-treating. It was at this time that I figured I would pick a random group of kids and follow them. As I followed them, they went into a Haunted House. It was one of those haunted houses that is automated and only lets a certain number in a group at a time. We made it all the way to the end and we were faced with a large metal door that opened and closed by itself. It would count a certain number and let them out accordingly, I was lucky enough to be the odd number so the kids left through the door and then I had to wait for it to re-open. As it opened and I walked out, I noticed that the children were gone. Even if they were eager to go somewhere I knew they would not have been able to get out of sight that fast. I looked to the left and the streets were empty. As I looked to the right it was as well, except for the trench coated man. Feeling uneasy I began walking in the direction to my left as I heard him slowly follow behind.

Growing nervous I created an alley leading to a grocery store like that of Krogers. It was a sudden shift compared to my normal "Create a door that opens somewhere else" but I managed it closing the alley behind me. I began walking down the aisles when something in my gut told me to turn around and as I did, I saw him once again. I was thinking in my head, "There is no way he could have followed me here."
As I looked at him, the florescent bulbs didn't show every detail, but they showed enough. The man's skin was a light gray as if dead, I could see his skin through the trench coat hugging his ribs and sternum. I could not see his eyes for some reason but what I did notice was a horrible, elongated grin stretched across his face like the Jack Nicholson Joker.

I was so distracted by that grin that I didn't notice he had started approaching me until he was almost in the aisle. In a panic, I began morphing the aisle shelves together leaving a space big enough only I could shimmy through. I must of shimmied through at least 30ft of aisle ways before reaching the front door. Feeling relief since I knew he wouldn't be able to fit through the crevice I created. As I turned around however, I notice the aisle being bent back into position as he casually walks towards me. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He had not only followed me time and time again but now he was bending the dream scape as well. Trying to calm down to think of a solution, I had an idea. "I'll just wake myself up!" I said.

I shall pause a moment here to state that whenever I wished to wake up I would simply shut my eyes and once I open them I would awake.

I shut my eyes and awoke in my bed. This sudden relief would not last however. I could tell by the window's light that I had only slept an hour or two. As I blinked from the light, I was sudden back in the dream, seeing that the man was still approaching me. I shut my eyes tighter this time. I awoke again but this time I noticed my closet was ajar. I blink and yet again I am back. Once more, I shut my eyes tighter than I ever have and I awake. Now I am in my bed, but my closet is wide open. Being that I was beyond frightened from the dream encounter, I turned to the only instinct I felt being in my bed and threw my blanket over my head (instead of running out the door
). Unfortunately for me this blanket was very old and home made. As such a lot of patches were missing so there was see-through material. I watched through the material as I saw the man from my dream emerge from the closet, this time without his trench coat and I could see the full extent of his torso excluding his head. I was surprised this man was not dust from the look of his exterior. He came out and stood at the foot of my bed. Just standing there, I dare not move at this point. Then came the worst, he began to bend over, I wasn't entirely concerned for even though he was tall I knew his face would not reach me. But then his torso began to stretch out towards me far enough for his mouth to be right where the patch of material lay. I saw his mouth and nothing else. I had a horrible feeling come over me, telling me whatever I do, don't look into his eyes. His mouth began to move slowly as I heard multiple whispers that I could not make out. Before I could react to this he bent back into shape and went back into the closet.
After this I "woke up" and stared at the closet for what seemed like hours.
I saw woke up with quotes because to this day, i'm not sure if that was a dream within a dream type deal or if that actually happen and i'm not sure if I want to know which.
I felt the need to explain this because I have no explanation and that I was curious if anyone else had seen a similar figure.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, the dreamworld of dreamers. I'd make sure that I was keeping a detailed dream journal. Some of the answers you are looking for might be unlocked after meeting certain characters in dreams and these characters might not occur all at once but spread over weeks or months. Dream On!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GrumpyR3aper
Welcome to ATS.
Interesting that you would choose a 'Reaper' in/for your avatar after such an experience.
How long ago did this happen...?

I hope your Intro doesn't get scrubbed...but, if it does - keep a copy of it, so that once you've passed the 20-post milestone, it can be considered in whichever forum is appropriate.

The parts where you had clicked your heels together...and thought you were awake - but the dream followed... ... THAT is spooky.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
welcome aboard, this is the dreams that ATS were made of! Hope to see a new post from you after you get you 20 replies in.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

GrumpyR3aper was a name i've gone by for about 4 years now so that's where it originated but the dream was about 4 months ago.
I think the thing that has gotten me is that I live in a fairly new house. Only nine years old, only thing here before hand was a farm (doesn't mean somebody could of died here or something got brought it). The house has always had something supernatural occur to someone.

Lately i've felt as if my experience is linked to something. It was about the second year living here that I was laying in bed, it was about midnight when I someone, had to be short, running up and down the hallway. This was impossible because my sister was the youngest and she would have been told old at the time to be this small and light. After 5 minutes of hearing this I get up and go into the hall way and there is nothing there yet the sound continues and I feel something pass through me. That hit me hard as a child.

About two years later, it did it again. At this time was my peak of gaining an open mind so I accepted that it was supernatural. It seemed to be unhappy about that when I announced out loud that I would not be affected so it stopped. I rolled over, relieved that I had won until what sounded like heavy work boots coming up the stairs slowly. When they would reach the top of the stairs they would run back down fast and repeat. That was the last time I experienced something only I could hear when not alone. And then nothing had happened up until that dream.
For a while I figured it was a random encounter but now I feel as if it may be linked to what was tormenting me as a child.
Once I am able to post i'll go on about all my other random encounters in this house. But those events specifically I feel are linked now.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Thanks, glad to be here

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

I would love nothing more to meet more characters, hopefully some positive ones next time!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GrumpyR3aper

That is terrifying. I have never heard of such a creature before, at least not in the manner you describe. He doesn't exactly fit the mythos of any other baddie besides, ironically and albeit loosely, the Grim Reaper. Anyway, welcome aboard the Mothership ATS!!! We promise not to tell the Jack Nicholson Joker you're here.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Haha thanks.

The only story it seemed to fit was The Grinning Man and even then the description didn't fit.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrumpyR3aper
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

I would love nothing more to meet more characters, hopefully some positive ones next time!

Meeting them is okay. Don't try controlling them that might end up turning into a negative situation especially if you are disturbing someone else dream
One of the joys of lucid dreaming is finding unique, helpful characters to guide you around!
edit on 11/12/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join