It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I suspect North Korea releasing US Hostages because US Doctors treated Kim Jong-un's leg/foot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I suspect North Korea releasing US Hostages because US Doctors treated Kim Jong-un's leg. I put this here cause I don't have time to do research and provide links just now but thought it would make for good conspiracy discussion. I base my thoughts on having read he was treated by undisclosed doctors. This is his way of thanking USA for letting us (our Doctors) make him better.

I'll follow up later when I can do some searching.

Here is a link about the doctors. OK maybe from Europe but release for same reason. To thank the "West" for helping him.

BBC News

The growth which materialised in May was caused by what is known as "tarsal tunnel syndrome" whereby a nerve is pinched, causing the ankle to swell.

An intelligence official said the medical team was from Europe but did not specify which country.

edit on 8-11-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What US Hostages are we talking about..?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

hmm European..

Just read on breaking news U.S governments thanks Sweden for its tireless efforts for their release..

Maybe swedish Docs

DNI Link

We can confirm that U.S. citizens Kenneth Bae and Matthew Todd Miller have been allowed to depart the DPRK and are on their way home, accompanied by DNI Clapper, to re-join their families. The United States government is facilitating their return to the United States. We welcome the DPRK's decision to release both Mr. Bae and Mr. Miller. We want to thank our international partners, especially our Protecting Power, the Government of Sweden, for their tireless efforts to help secure their release.

Brian P. Hale, Director of Public Affairs
Office of the Director of National Intelligence

edit on 8/11/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

The US Citizens they have had imprisoned for a few years on trumped up ridiculous charges. They were using them in effort to get favors for their release. That's why I called them Hostages.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I suspected the same since we didn't send over an ex-president or former ambassador to the DPRK. Just wait, in a few months there will be another one or two Americans getting imprisoned over there. Don't people learn or read the news?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Sweden is our "Protecting Power"? What does that mean?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Sweden is our "Protecting Power"? What does that mean?

Maybe they are talking this situation only? protecting power? buffer zone in talks etc? otherwise i have no idea

Q

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Sweden has an embassy in North Korea, and manages the affairs of other states without any official representation in the country. Considering the USA does not have an embassy in the country, it would be logical to conclude that the USA thanked them for providing support.

That said, i think North Korea released the prisoners in the hopes of solidifying upcoming negotiations and peace talks.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

The US Citizens they have had imprisoned for a few years on trumped up ridiculous charges. They were using them in effort to get favors for their release. That's why I called them Hostages.

Cheers, never knew about this.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I see your point about Sweden. Since we are still "technically" at war with North Korea, we can't have an embassy there. The wording of such a phrase "Protecting power" threw me for a loop.
I doubt NK did this for future peace negotiations. According to an ex-bodyguard of Kim Jung Il, Kim Jung Un will be an even worse and merciless dictator. He managed to execute his own uncle.
But I digress. I am glad these two Americans were released, but sad that there are thousands more stuck in those prison camps.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

Hundreds of thousands, actually, and millions of people trapped in extreme poverty, famine and state terror

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou

Hundreds of thousands, actually, and millions of people trapped in extreme poverty, famine and state terror

Or maybe they are just living how they have always lived...ie, grow rice, kill sheep/cattle, eat fish and potatoes and various other fresh foods....not exactly a state of terror. more like the living off the grid that we all dream of, only without the BS Fox, CNN, BBC or RT..?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou

Or maybe they are just living how they have always lived...ie, grow rice, kill sheep/cattle, eat fish and potatoes and various other fresh foods....not exactly a state of terror. more like the living off the grid that we all dream of, only without the BS Fox, CNN, BBC or RT..?

Oh yes, I'm sure their diet is wonderful. Four foot tall is a perfectly normal height for an adult man!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Either that or China told them they were about to get an ass whoopin.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How the hell do you get taken hostage in North Korea? Who the hell goes to North Korea on vacation, for what the dog & Kimchee festival? I suspect Jesus Freaks planting bibles again.

top topics

join