It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorists- Can you explain this ‘eerie’ job ad?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well in my opinion it definitely isn't a data/resume gathering device. Most people don't put sensitive data like NI number, driving license number etc on a resume, I don't even put my date of birth on mine, many people don't even put an address now, just name, phone number, email address in terms of personally identifiable data, so the information is basically useless.

Also there are so many internet based recruitment agencies now, I have had multiple CV's listed on multiple sites, open for employers to look at (and a few have contacted me) so a person wouldn't need an ad in a publication to get people to send them, they could just sign up as an employer on any of these sites and sit and view the documents all day everyday if they wanted.

But other than that, I have no idea what it is about, only what it probably isn't.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think I know what it is. At first I thought it might be to obtain legitimate peoples data and their qualifications, experience, etc for industrial espionage, but I think the answer is a lot more simple than that.

I think it belongs to a boiler room.

Think about it - as a boiler room you want people who have a lot of cash, and those people usually have good jobs and therefore good qualifications.

You also want people who are dreamers and who will swallow something that sounds too good to be true.

So you run an ad that will appeal to the ideal candidate in terms of their likely income, and in terms of their gullibility, then you harvest them and select the best candidates and sell bogus shares to them.
edit on 9-11-2014 by Power_Semi because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Uuggh... Gory but that was my initial first thought too... However I'm going to sit and think about this one for a while.

leolady

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
THINK TANK

I believe they are building a variety of people to form a think tank. This would need to change through the years so the ad would be continuous as the staffing needs would need to change with the times. New minds "if you will".

Anyone who applies to the add would not get a response in the same email that the resume's are being sent, replies would probably come in an undisclosed fashion to individuals they pick that are of interest for addition to the group.

leolady

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

I read all of the comments in that blog post and there were 3 or 4 people that said they not only got a reply but also had interviews either with a staffing agency representing DE Shaw or at his office location itself. I think mystery solved here folks. Good find Mr Limpet!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I believe their emphasis on "writers, artists and musicians" is the smoking gun. They're likely formulating a list of every free thinking dreamer who has the charisma to think they actually have a shot at something like this.

There will be little room for writers, artists and musicians in a New World Order.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Its Bernie Madoff, hoping you will give him your money…

How could you not trust the guy?

What a swell guy…

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Closest found was a like email registered to three domains.

Here LinkedIn page below.

www.linkedin.com...

Email Summary:
3 domains are linked to nygrenkearnsphotography.net owner's email .
Technical contact's email is linked with 1,186,234 domains.
Phone Summary:
3 domains are linked to nygrenkearnsphotography.net owner's phone .
Technical contact's phone is linked with 1,187,023 domains.
Name Summary:
2 domains are linked to nygrenkearnsphotography.net owner's name .
Technical contact's name is linked with 1,231,472 domains.

Phone Summary (note public record public info no censorship required)

3 domains are linked to nygrenkearnsphotography.net owner's phone .
Technical contact's phone is linked with 1,187,023 domains.

a reply to: Shana91aus

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I never saw this ad before and I only skimmed the first and last page here but since I used to take classified ads, let me put my 2 cents in. If this person or company is paying for ads, they must be traceable. Most reputable media would have to get their billing information even if they pay with a credit card. So they would at least have a name on file.

If you have a friend of a friend who works taking ads for one of the media where they advertise, or if you know someone who knows someone who advertises frequently enough to have a rep they can talk to, the rep should be able to look up this account. It should be against company policy to release the details, but that's what social engineering is all about. They might not need to release identifiable information to just let you know what it's about.

Example from my experience, not exactly the same but to give you an idea: There was a landscaper who had gotten resumes for an ad he swore he didn't place. I found the ad in the paper and it had his company's contact info but was placed by a third party that sounded like a law office or a legal service. I couldn't give this landscaper any details since he didn't pay for the ad, but I told him it read like an immigration ad, and suddenly the light dawned and he knew what it was about.

See, an illegal immigrant worked for him and was trying to get a green card. One of the strategies is to claim that this alien has such specialized skills that you can't find a similar replacement in the resident population. So the alien, with his employer's permission, would have a lawyer place ads with very particular wording, such as a specific number of years experience doing very particular work and working with very particular machines.

The lawyer would make it more difficult to apply to, such as sending hard copies with salary requirements and references to a blind PO box. That would ensure little or no responses, so they can now petition the gov't saying they tried to fill the job domestically but their client is the only one who is qualified.

The funny thing is I have a friend who used to work with pop stars trying to get visas and she would write up their qualifications, such as having so many No 1 singles and selling so many records and so on. Obviously they were the type of unique people the rule was designed for. But the ads I used to see were literally for landscapers and dishwashers, and how they tried to make their skills sound unique was so hilarious.

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread, I just want to say that there may be a similar type of explanation that would be obvious to someone experienced with taking ads, if you care enough to social-engineer it.

ETA: The landscaper got resumes directly that should have gone to the po box for some reason, which I forget.
edit on 11/9/2014 by lindalinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
According to some job websites its address is W 46th ST?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Okay guys i believe ive possibly found it...

So i went onto this link for one of the job ads (www.jojari.com...) and went to the bottom of the page which gave me a loaction, now zooming in on the map showed me a pin where apparently this employer is.

now after you see where the pin is go to google and type "buisnesses on W 46th ST and switch to maps.

Cross reference and match up where the pin is and it directly matches up with a buisness consultancy office called penmarks.

Any good guys?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

Googling that domain throws a few results.

A FB page for a photography Shop, 444 likes (low number in the scheme of things) possibly a front?

An actual website, this is as generic as you get, stock photo's (which to be fair is the business they are supposedly in)

Lastly a revenue analysis of the company say they are worth $298,584 so it's safe to say they can't afford the wages offered in the advertisement.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The only requirement is you push one little button.

When you push that button one person, someone on the planet that you do not know... will die.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
The only requirement is you push one little button.

When you push that button one person, someone on the planet that you do not know... will die.

Button Button my favourite twilight zone episode of the 80's.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Adamgeorgejones

I don't think so. That is what Google Maps will show when you put the zip code in alone. It just is a spot near the middle of the zip code.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adamgeorgejones
Okay guys i believe ive possibly found it...

So i went onto this link for one of the job ads (www.jojari.com...) and went to the bottom of the page which gave me a loaction, now zooming in on the map showed me a pin where apparently this employer is.

now after you see where the pin is go to google and type "buisnesses on W 46th ST and switch to maps.

Cross reference and match up where the pin is and it directly matches up with a buisness consultancy office called penmarks.

Any good guys?

Hi

That zip code seems too come up on all the ad's but no actual address are on any of them so the map will show you the centre of that location that the zip code that's entered is located.. like this one here Link to Job Ad

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theplu

Did you see their weird responses too how they described the interview as though?? it seems a bit troll'ish too me but could be real its hard too tell when they are Anonymous on the internet, literally nothing too back up their claim.

like this response

Anonymous said...
For me, the experience was just as weird and intriguing as the ad itself. First off was the reception area. The cathedral ceilings throw scale completely off, dwarfing the visitor... It does convey a sense of power and high-tech savvy, but it also seemed dated. A young, very polished woman took my jacket. I looked her up later and she'd been a child actress in at least one film that I'd seen. Everyone was very nice in kind of a cult-y way. I was led to an office in the middle of a floor full of empty workspaces. The guy who interviewed me was a lawyer and said he still worked part-time on the side, and that that was an accepted part of the culture. Mr. Shaw had basically unlimited money thanks to the success of his hedge fund, but he did not have unlimited time. To create more time, they were staffing up for personal assistants who could handle everything from getting Knicks tickets to making dental appointments. We both figured out it wasn't a match early on, so we had a nice conversation instead. And somewhere in that building I guess my resume still sits...

However I do feel with all the evidence that it may link to this DE Shaw Company but im still not entirely convinced.

On that blog it has a lot of very similar ad's also and here is a list with all the email addresses linked to the ad we are talking about and ones really really similar but just offering more perks.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
liveinmt@​gmail.​com
[email protected]
[email protected]

there might be more im still looking in to it if there is more ill add them.

ETA after pondering on my thoughts- if they are such a legitimate company such as this DE Shaw which have a well put together website and are global then why do they use gmail addresses for job applicants? like its pretty flimsy you think they would have their own email system like majority of companies do?

Just looked on their site in the contact section and here is their list of email contacts

Email Contacts

recruiting-related inquiries
[email protected]

media-related inquiries
[email protected]

investor-related inquiries
[email protected]

general inquiries
[email protected]

So they do have their own email system. why wouldn't they use this on their ads then?? why so many different random weird email addresses? not their company one? link to email details on their site
edit on 9-11-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Seems like they just get your email and sell it off to advertisers then spam your email 3 weeks later with a bunch of ads. There are many like it I have seen in the past seems like a as campaign to me nothing special

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Great idea for a movie or story.

All the people who answer the ad disappear.

Seriously, this is probably an intelligence operation

Certain people respond with some kind of coded message get an answer because they are given the message that gets the response

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

"Spies post messages in newspapers. Probably drop box contact info."

That's what I was thinking. That it's not the ad, as much as a "trigger-notification" that someone needs to check a pre-arranged drop-box or be at a pre-arranged point-of-contact.

CIA-types have also used the reverse of this. One spy sent documents to trusted friends and told them not to open them until he had missed so many e-mails or public postings. Then the recipients were to know that he was dead, and to then open the docs and take them public.

It's also curious that they mention "writers, musicians, artists" - but leave out the biggest category of unemployed creative types in New York City - actors. (Maybe the poster knows that the FBI recruits heavily among actors, since they want Agents who can speed-learn/memorize any job, and then act like they've had that job for a decade.)

Although the targeting of creative-types who are chronically scrambling for work, may also be a recruitment tool for spies or couriers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join