It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there is no Afterlife...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychotropicRanger
I've never had a NDE but I've had experiences to say that I'm a 100% sure there IS an afterlife and there is God who looks out for all his creation. It doesn't matter whether you believe in an afterlife or no but what Does matter is that you live your life being loving, kind and compassionate and respect all living being.. We're all a very very big family after all !

Would you like to share one?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I do not believe in the afterlife. I believe that there is absolutely nothing after life, this drives me to do everything in this life. I don't want to die, I want to enjoy the things that make me happy, and make me feel good. I don't like to feel bad, but it happens, I move forward because i know that isn't all the time.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
Who in their right mind would want to endure the stresses and trials of life if there was no chance of a life after this one?

Who in their right mind would want to endure the stresses and trials of this life if they were absolutely sure there was something better after it?

Imagine that the questionable command from "God" that suicide is a sin didn't exist. What would keep a person living this life? And even if it were true, fearing damnation seems like a pretty lousy reason to keep living.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Energy can't die.........it can't cease to exist, it can only transform itself. Once energy is 'living' then it is living for all time, what ever that is?

You can't undo that because energy cannot cease to exist or be 'energy'. It will continue so if you want to look at consciousness as the signature of 'energy' then how could we possibly cease to exist? Energy can't be destroyed , you can't get nothing from 'something'. Energy is conserved, so it cannot be destroyed or created. The question is where and how did it originate?

We could say that the Divine Source is Energy that can't die hence we can't die. When we cease to be alive, the energy will follow some conservation law but outside our 3 dimensional laws of physics which I'm convinced are largely hidden and topical .....it becomes a grey area. We cannot use our limited variable to comprehend that which goes beyond the boundaries of this limited dense reality.

Simply put you cannot get inanimate from animate. It is pointless to try and measure energy based on the physical laws of our reality. Everything that is real is beyond this.................perhaps this is just someones dream trapping our 'energy'?

Question? Is our energy tied to our consciousness or soul and is our Spirit something that goes beyond that?

Power is not energy. Power is the rate of change of energy in Watts. Average output of a human body is around 100 Watts, a bright incandescent light bulb used to keep the body functions going.

Is it possible that matter or energy left by a living being would be burned up if it tried to exit our atmosphere? Perhaps we are not exiting our planet, dimension, atmosphere because in remaining trapped we retain our 'energy' or living essence? Perhaps even in our 'energy consciousness' we don't know what is beyond this world where there is a measurable mass or body of energy?

And then there are the questions of what has intercepted and usurped our energy on behalf of what we 'are' in all things energy?

Energy is precious but I don't think we understand what it or we are.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
And if there is an afterlife we would all be rejoicing in the fact that this plane of existence is still an amazing experience. Why would it not be?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
I do not believe in the afterlife. I believe that there is absolutely nothing after life...

Neither did I until I started listening to atheist NDE's.

George Ritchie's is a good example:

Ritchie's NDE is in a class of its own. You will find his experience to be one of the most profound NDEs ever documented. His NDE is also one of the most important cases of "NDE veridical perception" which are NDE out-of-body observations later verified by third-parties. During his NDE, Ritchie traveled out of his body for a distance of thousands of miles where he observed detailed events later verified to be true.

Dr. George Ritchie's Near-Death Experience

Personally, I have always wondered how it is that so many DON'T believe when the evidence is so massive.

Colton Burpo's case for example, he died and met his own unborn sister that he didn't even knew EXISTED.

George Rodonaia's case is another example.

While outside of his body, he diagnosed a child's illness that had doctors stumped.

These are not isolated incidents either, there are quite a few that I know about.

I know of several reports by patients in my practice, and I have spoken to neurosurgeons who have had patients with experiences that can be confirmed.

Indeed, about 20 percent of NDE's are corroborated, which means that there are independent ways of checking about the veracity of the experience. The patients knew of things that they could not have known except by extraordinary perception -- such as describing details of surgery that they watched while their heart was stopped, etc.

Near-Death Experiences

"Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild.

Four year old met his mother’s miscarried child in Heaven

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Disagree, as long as there are cats, sigs and coffee I am fine

Don't have the answers, but now that I am here I am going to make it as happy, beautiful and satisfactory as I can.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join