It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the evidence for evolution?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet
a reply to: Barcs

So, you are saying that environment, laws, forces have no part to play?

Those factors play a role in everything,but that doesn't mean they are part of evolution or evidence of volution. Action words are not evidence of anything. You can speculate all you want about the intricacies of gravity and why planets rotate as they do, but evolution is genetic mutations sorted by natural selection, none of which involve turning over or rotating. If you want to keep talking about origin of the universe and its laws that's fine, but stop associating it with evolution. Evolution explains the diversity of life and nothing more. You are seemingly attempting to give it magical properties, but your metaphors do not explain reality, only your guess about what you think is out there.
edit on 13-11-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AvoidBadCompany
Cause and effect. Without a cause there is no effect and without our Creator there is no creation.

Then what caused god?

Creation is design, design must be created by a creator.

Creation is design? Can you prove that it is a creation in the first place? Just because religious folks call it creation, doesn't make it so. Sure, a creation requires a creator. But how can you prove something is created without having evidence of a creator or creation process?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
I demand evolutionists use super dooper accurate measuring devices and show me evolution as it occurs.

then tell me what something, anything you choose, will become.

and please prove that what you are measuring is evolution and not anything else.

Just an FYI. Evolution is genetic mutations sorted by natural selection. Genetic mutations happen and are measurable and can be compared with other mapped genomes. Natural selection has been observed in nature and a lab, so I'm not sure what you are getting at? Evolution isn't some magical process, it's a word for genetic mutations guided by the environment over time, which is beyond proven and has been measured to determine mutation rates in certain species and much more.

i'm going to state clearly what I think Evolution is:

biological organisms have an innate process that is connected/linked to environmental processes and contributes to their long term survival by causing beneficial iterative changes in the organism in response to changes in its environment; the study of that innate process or the process itself is Evolution.

I see where your misunderstanding comes from. The large majority of genetic mutations happen during conception when the 2 parents DNA combines into one. Radiation and other factors can cause genetic mutations as well, but creatures don't experience genetic mutations in response to changes in the environment. They physically change because of the genetic mutations, the environment determines which creatures live and which creatures die. It isn't a reaction to environmental stress, creature wants or things that change during the life of the organism, since the mutations are present long before the creature is even born. No matter how badly I want to fly, I'm not going to suddenly sprout wings or father a child that has wings. Evolution doesn't work like that. The mutations are random and the environment sorts them out.

they do call it a Theory and not a Law for a good reason you know.

I hate to burst your bubble, but theories do not become laws when proven. You should do a little bit of research on the scientific method and how a scientific theory is based on observable, testable phenomena. The whole "just a theory" claim is bogus beyond belief. Gravity is a theory.

suppose the cow saw some benefit in its own survival by becoming of greater use to humans, but still you could see where producing milk less beneficial to humans could have been at least an equally expected evolutionary response.

What the cow sees as beneficial means absolutely zero. What matters is what helps the cow survive, and that is determined long before they are adults. Creatures don't just change because they see it as a good thing as I explained above.

I'm not trying to make it something its not...its just that it falls short and doesn't offer anything on the following topics:

why four legs, why six, why eight...why wings, why fins, why nothing at all?

Because it gave them an advantage for survival. It's not that complicated. It's sounds like you are doing exactly that (making it something it's not).
edit on 13-11-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
the evidence?

every thought that has become physically manifested follows the same design/plan?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Number Theory...
The Calendar...

What process? you haven't described the Evolutionary Process as a closed Model. and you just pull answers out of your ass and call it common sense. what kind of science is that?

if evolution is a process, then it should be easy enough to apply it when all life in a biological system is still at the cellular level.

your theory was developed using a fully developed system and doesn't answer any questions...or is it just you that can't answer?

exactly...Evolution isn't Science...Thank You!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Then what caused god?

In the beginning there were two words, and those words were: special pleading.
edit on 13-11-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I bumped into God the other day and asked her "who made you?" she told me " no one made me" I replied "Oh so you are an atheist".
She looked shocked and puff was gone...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Good news for some of you, it's not to late if you're reading this.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin. This means if you refuse Jesus The Son of God as your Lord and saviour you will not be forgiven. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is very serious.
Please consider this warning as yours and your loved ones eternal life depends on you. We are all brothers and sisters, please consider.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Why should it be a closed model?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AvoidBadCompany

Could you provide some evidence for this?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yes, that is certainly a great way to get converts. Fear. Not that love and acceptance tripe. Fear. Eternal damnation to all you heathens! /sarc

You really should check yourself when you say stuff like in your post there. Non-Christians aren't too keen on being proselytized through fear these days. Also, why should I fear going to a place that doesn't exist (hell)? Heck, hell isn't even in the bible.

ps: The only unforgivable sin is suicide since you aren't alive to ask for forgiveness. Blasphemy is certainly a forgivable sin in Christianity. If it was unforgivable, your "good news" would be useless since we'd already be condemned since we couldn't be forgiven for said blasphemy. Logic destroys Christian claims.
edit on 13-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I will gladly answer your question if you can answer mine.

What caused evoloution?
edit on 13-11-2014 by AvoidBadCompany because: Spell check

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowChatter
a reply to: darkbake

Ne wly discovered fossil could prove a problem for creationists

Researchers report that they've found the missing link between an ancient aquatic predator and its ancestors on land. Ichthyosaurs, the dolphin-like reptiles that lived in the sea during the time of the dinosaurs

creationists go by faith, so, there is never a "problem" believing in what they do....the problem is ours....keeping them, from forcing the rest of us, to obey a mythical being.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yeah sure God wants us all to be obedient little slaves who never question anything....
No God wants us to question her wants us to use our God given mind to get closer to her.
God will be proud of the ones who do this and will be dissapointed in those who just accept the word of man without any proof.
So take your phoney God and search for the real one.
The one who doesn't punish humanity for being human the one who loves all and the one who made the laws of evolution.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Dying without Christ Jesus as your Lord and saviour=Blasphemy.
Every knee will bend and every toung Will confess. You include. No one will escape judgement.
edit on 13-11-2014 by AvoidBadCompany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

This means if you refuse Jesus The Son of God as your Lord and saviour you will not be forgiven. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is very serious.
Please consider this warning as yours and your loved ones eternal life depends on you.

Hasn't anyone told you that carp doesn't work on sane adults? You may find a few insane people that will work on. Thats the carp they tell kids to hook them in because there is nothing like terrorizing kids to make them obey. Man your religion is demented yall should be ashamed.

link   

Everything you have been told about god came from man.
And you fell for it....

link   

Yea sure. I went through this whole song and dance for 20 some years of my life when I was raised Catholic. I've since learned to question what I'm told and I'm not for even a SECOND going to believe the words of a bunch of goat herders and cultists who wrote about their superstitious beliefs 2000 years ago.

Now, I'm an agnostic, and us agnostics demand evidence. Bring me the evidence of what you say and I'll consider it. Oh and the bible doesn't count. I want empirical evidence not anecdotal evidence (which is what the bible is).
edit on 13-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Religion should be mocked for what it is.
Anti humanity.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

You have a choice. God doesn't punish you.
Cause and reaction.
You make your own dississios and there is a consequence for your actions be it good or bad. It's completly your choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join