It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Outdoes Herself: Guess Who Is To Blame For The Recent DNC Loss? YOU ARE!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: Hefficide

Takes one to know one...

What does that even mean?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDorothy

The He man woman hater club 7

Stupidity is not a gender specific trait. Now if you want to call this the "disenfranchised citizens politicians hating club 7" I'll give you a star.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here's some history lessons for Nancy....

We have so much room for improvement. Every aspect of our lives must be subjected to an inventory... of how we are taking responsibility.
--Nancy Pelosi

Being the first woman speaker and breaking the marble ceiling is pretty important. Now it's time to move on.
--Nancy Pelosi

Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.
--Nancy Pelosi

Gems of Wisdom

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Well just look at the standard public apology.

"I'm sorry if you were offended" not "I'm sorry if Ioffended you."

Just look at those two statements. Who is doing the act of offending or being offensive? In one, it's the person who is actually being offensive, in the other it's the person finding offense. The difference is subtle, but it's there. The first one implies that it's your fault you found offense. The second implies that it's my fault I offended you. Both statements have conditionals, but in the first, the blame for the problem of the offense is being shifted the person who is offended.

Just pay attention the next time someone in power apologizes, and you'll see what I mean. When you start pay attention to the deep meaning of language as much as I have to for my professional life, this stuff starts to jump out more and more.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Pelosi is a gang member.

I'm not here for stars or stickers, or flag or any country. . . but for all HUMANKIND residing on God's EARTH with the all the brothers and sisters of every NATION...for ZION

For the Merovian to give TRINITY her Savior.

And I have all the lightning I need.

Please ! I beg of you, Just be we the People who care as numerous as the stars.

edit on 8-11-2014 by RedDorothy because: FOR GOD"S SAKE Why does everything have to have a label?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Heff,

Democrats lost because they focused on taking guns away from people, giving insurance companies a bailout in the form of Obamacare, spending too much money, and not bothering to focus on the economy for so long.

They spent years saying that "you didn't build that", and "anyone who disagrees with us is an extremist republican".

Then there were gems like "we have to pass it to see what is in it".

They completely misread their own party members and the majority of American voters and lost. Nancy Pelosi's comments are a representation of how delusional they were.

That said, here's what I think Republicans are going to focus on instead of important issues:

Abortion, gay marriage, and "family values". They are going to completely dump the libertarian message that got them elected in the first place, the SAME MESSAGE that got democrats elected, and the cycle will start again.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

ProjectVXN old friend, I don't disagree with you on that one bit. The ferris wheel in DC is often stopping to change passengers and sometimes to repaint in new colors - but the damned thing still goes round and round in the same exact circle.

If anything Pelosi and her attitude are just a sign that they know that we know and since nobody has blown up DC yet - they figure we've accepted it as normal.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Its not my fault she's where she is. I don't vote.

Their blaming others is a life long thing. Thats why these people ascend to power in the first place. By squashing their victims and blaming them at the same time. Blaming others for what they are about to do to them. Blaming them for what they are doing to them. Blaming them after they do unto them.

"If you don't stop that I'm going to…"

"How many times have I told you not to…"

"Look at what you made me do."

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I waiting for the people to come to her defense, actually.

Amusing in that if I would have written the OP, people would have.

Well, I happen to think that Pelosi is equal to that which I would scrape off of the bottom of my shoe, but I like a challange....and so will now attempt to defend her.

There is no doubt that, since this is a mid-term election, voter turn out was low. The Democrats, apparently, did a horrible job at getting their base to the polls and the Republicans always have a "base" set of voters that turn out every election.

We've also seen that the more people that go to the polls, the better the Democrats do. That is why Pelosi said this:

“Next year has to be the year to expand the universe of people who vote,” she said, a source on the call told The Hill. “I’m concerned that eligible voters did not vote in the election this year. We have the magic and the resources to have massive voter registration over the country — not just the places that might benefit the Democrats.”

Mrs. Pelosi then said that it didn’t really matter to her if voters cast ballots for Democrats or for Republicans — just so long as they vote.

“I don’t care if they vote for a Republican,” she said, The Hill reported, “just so they vote, get in the game, are counted, and people will pay attention to what their concerns are.”

She understands what I previously mentioned. More people at the polls means a better chance for the Democrats. Even if their voter outreach programs drew in more votes for the GOP, odds were still in their favor as long as they actually went to the polls.

So, if we look at this for what it is, she is not actually blaming the voters for anything whatsoever. She is blaming the party for not concentrating harder on get-out-the-vote programs and getting more people to the polls.

Therefore, her statement is correct, she did not say blame the voters, as is insinuated in the OP and the source article, and it can be said that her comments are being taken out of context to appear as to point fingers at the voters.....and not the party's voter turn-out efforts.

OK........flame on!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If anything Pelosi and her attitude are just a sign that they know that we know and since nobody has blown up DC yet - they figure we've accepted it as normal.

Too early to shoot the bastards...As the saying goes.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Wow! It’s a real powder keg around here. I can feel the electricity in the air. I guess I better watch my step, huh?

Seriously, you got all bent over Pelosi scolding her base for their complacency? Seriously? Hmmm... Actually, I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Democrats are no-shows in the mid-terms. They’re complacent and can’t get off their asses to vote, no matter what the consequences. No revelation here.

As far as Pelosi goes, at least she had the balls to control her caucus when she was Speaker. Unlike Boner, I mean Boehner, who drops to his knees when in the presence of the Tea Party. Of the two, Pelosi has a much bigger pair.

This may come as a shock to you, but the Republicans didn’t sink the Democrats; the Democrats sunk the Democrats. Believe me, Republicans didn’t win the elections because of their superior agenda, their vision for the future, and their ability to get the job done. And it’s certainly not because of the love affair between Republicans and the common man. God, I crack myself up sometimes! I’m in stitches just thinking about what I just typed.

It’s reality-check time, and it is what it is. The Republicans stole the election fair and square, leaving the Democrats sitting on their thumbs in the dust. You win. Now go ahead and pat yourselves on the back. A round of “attaboys” are in order. But when the celebrating’s done, the Republicans really do need to hunker down and do something they haven’t done in a long, long time. They need to WORK. I know all the obstructing, mud-slinging, character assassination, finger pointing, accusing, inventing conspiracies, dreaming of impeachment, forming committee lynchmobs and race bating has been fun, but there’s a time to work, and a time to play. Playtime’s over. I know it’s hard, but we need you to come up with at least one idea; one solution for something. You owe that much to the American people, don’t you think?

Here’s a couple ideas - Obama’s already done the hard stuff
1 - The economy’s coming around. The Labor Department estimated that employers added 214,000 jobs in October, and the official unemployment rate dropped to 5.8 percent, down sharply from 7.2 percent a year ago. Wages could use a boost, though. Hey, I got it - raise the minimum wage!

2 - Obama got the ball rolling on healthcare. The ACA is working much better than originally anticipated. Millions of folks who previously would have gone to the emergency room and then stiffed the hospital now have insurance. Unless you had a garbage insurance policy in the first place, you were not forced to participate in the ACA. Health costs are growing at the lowest rate in the past 50 years, the CBO scored the bill as reducing the deficit, etc.

But, there are a few things about the bill needing attention. Instead of repealing and scrapping the whole thing, why not embrace it and work to improve it. The American people would be grateful. Remember, ACA (including the mandate) was a Republican idea hatched by the Heritage Foundation before it was a Democratic idea. So, it’s OK - go ahead and give it a shot.

3 - Obama already put together a very good jobs bill, remember? It would put a lot of folks back to work. Maybe if you pulled it out, dusted it off and passed it, the economy would boom. And the best part of all, Republicans could take the credit for it!

If you just accomplish the 3 things mentioned above, it would surely help improve your brand. And it wouldn’t involve much work, since Obama has done most of it anyway. Think it over; can’t hurt.

Regarding Pelosi, though, I wouldn’t take what she said to heart. If she wants to call out some of the lazy, complacent and spineless members of her party, and if what she said bears some truth, then what’s the BFD? Personally, I think it’s better than Boehner; he allows his group to dominate him and treat him like a red-headed stepchild. Where’s the dignity in that?

It’s nice being an Independent. I can enjoy bashing both sides...

edit on 11/8/2014 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Lets see, she is married..........and really needs to lay off the sauce before going to work, because she is drunk and it s not from power...............really stupid people shouldn't drink.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Maybe with all the attention on election fraud, voter fraud, the usual democrat base didn't get the oppourtunity to steal the election as they normally do.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Maybe with all the attention on election fraud, voter fraud, the usual democrat base didn't get the oppourtunity to steal the election as they normally do.

The i.d. laws must have scared them all away.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

48% of the vote was non-Republican.

Most of that was by Democrats, in a Midterm.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

48% of the vote was non-Republican.

Most of that was by Democrats, in a Midterm.

Does that indicate some may have slipped through?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Irrelevant.

You expected someone to at least attempt to defend Pelosi, and I did that....quite well if I may say so.

Do you agree that what is being presented in this thread is not in context with what she actually said? Did she actually say "blame the voters", or did she articulate the obvious in saying that the party did not do it's job in regards to voter outreach and getting people to the polls?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Therefore, her statement is correct, she did not say blame the voters

I'm going to go one step further - because, apparently - I am full of self loathing and want to be beaten

The voters are not sheep to be herded or children to be counseled - they are men and women participating (in theory) in their government as directly as they are allowed

They didn't show up. They showed up for hope and change (and possibly candy) but they did not show up to support a president that failed them. How did he fail them? Why did he fail them? Was his magic wand on the blink for 6 years?

There is so much more to this. The Obama is a failure meme worked. It doesn't matter if he actually failed or not - that's a whole nuther thread right there. It only matters that it was easier to agree that he failed because they weren't willing to think - or support the party they supposedly believe in - even if they no longer support their president

So, with a nod to Heff: Pelosi is not my cup of tea either (there's my qualifier)

However - she's not wrong

We was robbed - but only because we left the door wide open

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

In reality, I could care less about the word-garbage that comes out of her mouth.

She can blame the voters.
We can blame the politicians.

Blaming doesn't change a damned thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'm sure according to you and those who think like you it does ... I see you've dropped the pretense of "vote integrity" and have made it clear on several occasions in the last few days that you understand that the voter ID laws were meant to prevent Democrats from voting.

I find that a refreshing change, to be honest.

Perhaps the Congress and the State Legislatures can proceed to complete the goals they've been working for, and just outlaw Democratic voting altogether...

Then it will be even EASIER to proclaim "MANDATED LANDSLIDE or LANDSLIDING MANDATE" or whatever it is you guys have been puffing for these last few days.

Easier and more honest, frankly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join