It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don’t Vote, Don’t Bitch!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
My declaration for the day: if you didn’t vote this past election, you have no right to voice opinion.
I agree with Jesse on this one. Bitching is oh so easy. What's tough is tackling the system from the inside...running for office, joining parties to influence policies and candidate choices. You can't do that from sitting on your duff. But bitching and doing nothing is considered political action by some. And they get the government they deserve.

There's a reason politicians don't like large voter turnouts, so if you chose not to exercise your franchise...a right for which so many have sacrificed their lives...smile:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I don't vote anymore because the system is rigged. I think I have more fingers on my right hand than the number of times a legitimate third-party candidate was voted in. SuperPACs and dark money contributions are meddling from the outside with great influence.
If a regular Joe Schmoe wants to run he will be steam-rolled by a rich elitist who has a campaign war chest that can feed a small country.
Sorry Jesse...my no-vote is a vote not to choose any more political puppets.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

Oh brother, out of all the people on ATS I thought you would have known better. Or perhaps you know something we don't? Because as it stands, it's already decided. You won't win anything, you're not part of the bigger picture. You know this and yet you want us to vote. You literally want us to go waste our time on something that's been rigged for years.

Seems logical.

Well, at a local level more than anything he's right. He'd know that after all being elected as governor. Can't vouch for much of the national level where elections are selected and bought off, doesn't mean the same doe snot happen in smaller areas-see how Florida M.Marijuana vote was basically bought off to fail. Locally here, enough of us voted no on a measure that was sketchy at best, if it passed then normally many would suspect it was rigged. There's the margin of what there is left when it comes to voting apparently, ignore it all or at least try where you may find you that you can.
edit on 8-11-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
but bitchin is what we U.S. citizens do best.
we bitch about teams being called redskins, we bitch about race, we bitch about harry reid, john boehner, we bitch about a obama, we bitch billary, we bitch about obumacare, we bitch about taxes, we bitch about social security, we bitch welfare. we bitch just about anything, you name it some U.S.citizens are bitchin about it.?

take that away then what we gonna do?
do you think something could and would actually get done?
edit on 8-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm definitely voting for the first time in my life this next Presidential election and I'm voting Republican.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You know, there are lots of reasons not to vote, an option many intelligent people choose to exercise….
they still have the right to bitch, imho, because one of the reasons attributed to their not voting active choice, could be an act of rebellion of how they have already not been represented, in this representative republic.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
My declaration for the day: if you didn’t vote this past election, you have no right to voice opinion. When you don't vote, you're going to get the same thing.

Wow. Just wow.

Maybe you should get back "on the grid" and get caught up on current affairs…
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The democracy is dead. The system, made so very clear in this 2014 midterm "election," is rigged. The "choices" (pitiful politicians on both sides) offered to "voters" were/are unremarkable indentured servants of the billionaire oligarchs feuding over dominance of the nation's policies.

This midterm election saw nearly $4 billion of money pumped into the front-side campaign spending, with over $1 billion in untraceable dark money on advertising alone. And educated estimates place the back-side money spent on gerrymandering, election rigging, voter suppression, vote negation, and other election fraud is between $1 and $2 billion, from the same 11 billionaire oligarchs who are now, in practice and action, the feudal lords of America.

If voting mattered, they wouldn't let us do it. The results were predetermined. It's more obvious than ever in this 2014 election farce.

Get back on the grid. Being off-the grid isn't helping your level of awareness of the most current findings and news.
edit on 8-11-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
When there is not a single person running that you want to do the job, how can someone with ANY integrity cast their vote at all?

If that's to difficult to understand, think of it as an employer-employee issue, because that's what this truly should be. They, are supposed to to do work, for us, at our pleasure. Period.

Say a manager at a company is looking to hire someone.

ALL the applicants are completely unable to do the job

ALL the applicants have stolen from and otherwise damaged past employers

So the manager doesn't hire anyone, because obviously you aren't going to hire someone you feel is incompetent and without any integrity.

According to you, the manager has no right to complain that the pool of applicants is so poor? What earthly sense does that make?

If you want to send the message that YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THEM then you DO NOT VOTE THEM INTO OFFICE.

It's really very, very easy to understand. Your vote is your support. Your emotional state while casting that vote matters not, you vote for someone, you support them. You are asking people to support candidates that disgust them "just for the hell of it, so we can say we voted and earn our right to complain"

I know it's cliche' but you are the reason this country is so screwed up.

What do you think would happen with 1% or 2% voter turn out? It would loudly declare that the people are sick and tired of everything and want REAL people back into government. This would open the playing field to allow REAL people to get elected, because when the real people run then the turnout increases again back to higher levels.

You keep playing their game and then crying that the rules aren't fair. That's the point, this country isn't supposed to work for the majority of the people, it's meant to work for only a few tens of thousands at most.
edit on 8-11-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I was going to say something but ya you covered it..
And you stole my line about voting.. i been using that since 2012..

And to Johnny cunuck.
1st amendment freedom of speech and grievances the government. Ya..

I didn't vote because I hate rigged games like boxing or football.
edit on 11/8/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It is all a giant HOAX...

There is no “vote”, the election process is RIGGED.

“Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.” Joseph Stalin

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Half the people vote???

Not even. Only 46 million voted this last election out of over 360 million people. Pathetic.

Unfortunately the biggest bitch and moaners are the same ones who don't participate. I blame the lazy people for the state of the nation they spend more time bitching about it than doing something about it in many cases they do absolutely nothing.

So what your saying is that over 300 Million people didn't elect anyone in? lol

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EaglesFan

I am saying those people who didn't vote that could have, have no voice and it is their own fault. No one should care about their political opinions I sure don't they may as well not even be citizens IMO.
edit on 8-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: EaglesFan

I am saying those people who didn't vote that could have, have no voice and it is their own fault. No one should care about their political opinions I sure don't they may as well not even be citizens IMO.

I dont vote in my countries elections and in my country you are fined if you don't. I feel it is corrupt, hypocritical and nothing will ever change with those people in power... It doesn't mean I don't have a voice though, how about you go out and ask a few of those people why they dont bother to vote? Maybe they feel the same as me and it's you that is wasting your time at the polls.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I see a lot of moaning and witching about the caliber of candidates so let me ask you this----how much time did you spend talking to people you thought should run for office in your town/county/state?
If you want something other than the 2-headed beast you must work on getting that choice. It is hard work and it takes many years to wake up people who are so steeped in party politics. However, I must say that the current situation with not being able to tell the difference between party's actions, it is getting a bit easier on the local level to convince people that they don't actually need a party to run in local races. All politics start at the local level. That's where you MUST get involved if you want substantial change. Waiting for a federal election and expecting things to change just because you walked into a booth is simply silly. If you are not satisfied with the results of the election, what will you do to make sure that there is someone on the next ballot that you can vote FOR instead?
Bitching about the results of the elections may make you feel better but it does nothing to change things. Change takes hard work for long periods of time to root out corruption, nepotism and fraud. Then, when change actually happens it takes vigilance over those elected to see that they stay on the straight and narrow path.
edit on 8-11-2014 by diggindirt because: spelling and clarity

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The best way to get the kind of government you want is to become a multi-millionaire and buy it, just like always. Voting is too passive. And unless you're rich, do you think anybody is going to be interested in what kind of candidate you would like to have run? Just shut up and keep licking those envelopes.

Get rich. Put another lawyer into office who owes you money. That's how to get things done.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

This is the most incorrect thing I have seen posted in the OTG forum.

That is like saying telling someone "If you didn't eat don't complain about being hungry". And you gave them 2 choices of different turds to select from. What if i don't like either one of the two puppets put up for me to vote on?

Screw that. Im not participating until it is something more than choosing the lesser of two evils. Because there aren't individuals, there are parties. And neither party is a lesser evil

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You are free to throw your vote away on a third party candidate. Don't think for a moment they wont make a note of it

I kid you not I saw someone here say that makes you unpatriotic

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Most third party candidates are wholly unvetted and, in my observations, a little tilt off center.

Regardless, I abstain from voting in most elections as a protest. I will vote on bills and local stuff. Ill let the money makers pick the president without my participation.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It is my opinion of the electoral process, that keeps me from voting Jesse.
And my opinion isn't so much a bitch, as it is a grave observation.

" If the american people knew what we were up to, we'd be chased thru the
streets and lynched."

George Herbert Walker Bush

edit on Rpm110814v14201400000015 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: nukedog

Most third party candidates are wholly unvetted and, in my observations, a little tilt off center.

Regardless, I abstain from voting in most elections as a protest. I will vote on bills and local stuff. Ill let the money makers pick the president without my participation.

I have been saying for the longest that the president is apolitical. I agree that a lot of third party candidates are a little "off kilter." You have to be to challenge this BS system. This is why people get laughed off the stage for even suggesting the ship is sinking. Sanity is a perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join