It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source Says Reported Letter From Obama to Ayatollah ***** Up Everything'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

President Obama reportedly penned a secret letter to Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei last month discussing their shared interest in fighting the Islamic State -- a development one congressional source told Fox News "f***s up everything."

The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that, according to people briefed on the letter, Obama wrote to Khamenei in the middle of last month and stressed that any cooperation on dealing with the Islamic State, or ISIS, was tied to Iran striking a deal over its nuclear program. The U.S., Iran and other negotiators are facing a Nov. 24 deadline for such a deal.

A senior congressional source told Fox News that there is not anything definitive as to whether the letter even exists. But the source indicated they don't doubt that it's true because "we've seen [the president] do it before, so there is [a] precedent."

This is just unbelievable!! I mean we have been begging Obama to send more troops for back up support to our Military fighting IS and he refused! But he goes behind everyone's back and starts trying to cut deals with Iran regarding their help fighting IS and his on giving them Nuclear power!!! Well this is so far beyond politics this is out right sabotage!

There are more vids regarding this topic!

Want to hear from ya'll, thanks so much,
Pax

fox news
edit on Sat Nov 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited title to say ****

edit on Sat Nov 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: shortened quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

So the no definitive proof means nothing right?

Just cause he has written him before doesn't mean that he is now writing him making deals about giving letting them have nukes.
Why do you think this is with out a doubt true?
edit on thFri, 07 Nov 2014 23:34:05 -0600America/Chicago1120140580 by Sremmos80 because: damn auto correct

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Please, explain to me how brokering a deal with Iran to fight a mutual enemy is a bad thing. The Iranians are ready and willing to fight ISIL, meaning the US can limit its involvement and expenditure, while still improving conditions in the region and maybe even normalizing relations with Iran.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well what else is new with this guy?

I saw Miss Benghazi Susan Rice on TV and she looked like the cat who swallowed the canary.

Her comments reeked of lies and deception as usual.

can't find a video, but here's a story from Israel....

Susan Rice: We're Not Engaged with Iran on ISIS

I wonder if they will blame this leak on a video?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Don't worry, Iran isn't going to believe anything the US says.

They know who is really screwing up everything over there.

ETA: Is the US bombing ISIS… or Syria?

edit on 7-11-2014 by intrptr because: further

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf

Iran is next after Syria and they know it.

Brokering a deal with the Devil who plans to have you for desert?

Riiigth…

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
IF this has any substance to it, I imagine it is a bait and switch.
Yall scream that barry is a no good liar,and I agree cause well he is a politician, so lets roll with that in this case and assume that he is lying to Iran.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Lying to Iran? Ha!! How about lying to us! If he wasn't being shady, Why not be forth coming? He has zero Military experience and his record on foreign policy sucks!

Let me say this to you......He knows how bad of a president he is!
1. Obama care was an absolute fiasco. The website was never tested before he mandated we sign up!!
2. Benghazi was on his WATCH
3. Immigration lets be real!
4. Ebola "there is no way we will see that disease here"
5. Pulling US troops out of Iraq all at once, even though the Military Heads said NO! He did it anyway!
6. Ignoring the threat of Isis 4 years ago!!!
7. Drawing a Red line in the sand if Asad used chemical weapons BUT when Asad did HE did NOTHING

The list goes on and on! He is DESPERATE!!! WE KNOW A DESPERATE MAN WILL SOMETIMES DO ANYTHING!! He must leave some mark on his Presidency!! So, would he make a deal with the devil??? You bet your Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac He would! He is drowning going down fast and he is going take everyone he wants with him.....

Pax

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
Please, explain to me how brokering a deal with Iran to fight a mutual enemy is a bad thing.

Because it was done by Obama - anything he does is bad, according to some people!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

So since you don't like him as a president you are willing to believe the report that even says they have no proof that it is real?
Makes sense.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
Please, explain to me how brokering a deal with Iran to fight a mutual enemy is a bad thing.

Because it was done by Obama - anything he does is bad, according to some people!

Obama's own record of what he "has done" speaks for itself.

His track record of continuous failure and lying is in plain view.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Actually sounds like a smart move to me Iran is dying to take out Isis before they move on them. Iran knows they are next the writings on the wall, ?We dont want to move troops into the middle east and bottom line is Iran is uniquely situated to attack IS. The only draw back is making the Saudis mad since the US would assist there sworn enemy. But if the US did do this the Saudis cant do anything but complain and there importance is diminishing rapidly.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Your op seems to contradict exactly what the mass media is reporting.

I mean we have been begging Obama to send more troops for back up support to our Military fighting IS and he refused!

US to send more troops to Iraq as campaign expands

Are you trolling or something? I don't see how you could've missed the headlines.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
How does this mess up everything? We get a regional power to fight ISIS rather than us. Iran is capable and has already displayed a willingness to lead the fight.

Is it bad because it's Obama striking a deal or is it the nature of the deal? If we do nothing, Iran gets to develop anything nuclear they want. If we get involved we get to direct their nuclear problem enough to have assurances there aren't weapons and that it's for mostly peaceful purposes, probably get some oversight on it, and Iran gets to deal with ISIS. How is that a bad deal?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Trolling?? Lol They are 2 separate issues! You pick one sentence in my post, and take it out of context, and turn this into something about your thread, which by the way I have already commented on or is this your idea of attracting more readers to your own thread??

Please!! Thanks for your "intelligent" comment

pax

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No here is why it is BAD and it is not just about OBAMA he is but one little man it is about what this one little man is doing to the rest of us!

the President’s secret letter to Ayatollah Khamenei confirms something that many Middle East watchers have been thinking for a while now: that the President is willing to suborn every other American consideration in the Middle East for the prospect of a grand bargain with Iran.

The letter, details of which were leaked to the Wall Street Journal yesterday, and which Khamenei reportedly did not answer, contained promises to cooperate on ISIS if the nuclear deal is signed, as well as this stunner of an assurance on Syria:

[enews]A deal with the Mullahs is Obama’s chief concern—it certainly trumps making common cause with the Sunni states over regional unrest or defeating ISIS. Our allies in the Middle East will certainly treat it as such. It’s no secret that Israel and Saudi Arabia believe their interests and America’s have diverged, but this is starker confirmation than they (or for that matter, we) expected. It will reverberate in Riyadh, Jerusalem, Cairo, and Abu Dhabi for a long time, even more so because these allies had to learn about it from the press. Sloppy and unfortunate.

Some have argued that the Administration’s reluctance to attack Assad regime targets is related to its sharp focus on getting an acceptable deal with the Iranians over the nuclear portfolio. Some have argued that Obama thinks of his effort to bring Iran in from the cold as comparable to Nixon’s China coup in 1972. According to this analysis, Iran is the key that can save the Administration’s reputation in foreign policy for all time. If he pulls this off, so the argument goes, all else will be forgotten if not forgiven.

American Interest

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Are you suggesting that the USA will attack Iran after Syria or Isis will attack Iran after Syria .

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why do you think this is with out a doubt true?

Cause the Mainstream media said so

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
this is why the world and most of the american people see the u.s. govt as nothing but totally hypocritical in its dealings. for those with S.A.S.S. (short attention span syndrom) ..wasnt the u.s. about ready to start ww3 with iran ? wasnt iran the biggest threat to our national security? ohh wait, that was north korea, no no no, it was syria...wait I meant it was russia......the entire u.s. govt needs an I.v. of some serious ADHD meds.....

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Even if he did write him, it is his prerogative as President of the United States. He has the authority to do this. He does not need Congressional approval to correspond and negotiate with other world leaders. We could never negotiate with foreign entities if congress had to approve discussion points. We elected him. Gota live with it 2 more years.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join