It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Photos of People Living Off The Grid Who Abandoned Civilization for Life in the Wildernes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I prefer the nomad lifestyle as opposed to the settling

But anyone who goes off the grid has my respect

Great article

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoonz
Ah well. I was hoping for some Bigfoot stories.

But ya bro. I suppose at one time I to have thought of doing what ol Dick Proenneke did. It just sounds like fun in its own way. But the way things are now, its probably the last thing on my mind, and I am definitely not ready or in any state of mind or financial state, to be going out and doing the whole off the grid thing. But who knows, I suppose one day I will see.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I pray that none of us are ever forced to live a life of struggle. I think though, that way too many of us have been deceived about what constitutes "quality", in life.

What is necessary and what is desired to make life sustainable, can be oceans apart. Shelter doesn't have to be the Taj Mahal or a 2+ story Mansion. Sustenance does not have to be Foie gras or Prime rib. Pleasure doesn't have to came from the deck of a yacht or an ithis or ithat.

Happiness isn't something that you have to experience every second of the day. Contentment should be your base, your foundation. It is what makes happiness so desirable and so sweet. Even if it is fleeting.

<< 1  2   >>

join