It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Calm Time When You Sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I use to have this recurring dream when I was around 10 years old. It changed somewhat during the time I repeatedly dreamt it. I'd say it must have re-run through my head during one year of time around two dozen repetitions worth. The funny thing is that I can't recall what the people looked like in the dream because I haven't seen them in reality for around a decade now. That leads me to believe that dreams are much like our memories because to remember what the people in the dream looked like you have to refresh your memory in life. Maybe dreams and memories come from the same place. Here's the dream:

It was at the great pyramid. The funny thing is that at the time I knew nothing at all about Egypt or the Great Pyramid, I'd only seen a few photos of it. That was it.

The first few of these recurring dreams were in black and white. And remembering what dreams were like when I was a kid, all my dreams prior to this series of recurring dreams was in black and white. This leads me to believe that this pyramid dream may somehow be linked to my dreams changing from black and white to full color (and later as a full grown adult into something even more vivid that supercedes my eye sight while I'm awake.)

So, in this dream I'm at the pyramid with my stepdad and he's near the foot of the pyramid. He points my way and starts yelling but I can't hear him. Then all of the sudden stones like the ones the pyramid is made of fall randomly from the sky in fiery balls. I run away, leaving my stepdad behind. They must have been exploding out of the pyramid itself.

In other versions of the dream other family members are present but they are always between my stepdad and I. I forgot many of the details. The dream was much longer than I describe in this message with some variable twists. That's another thing about memory and dreams. Even in the dream only the main parts of the dream remain. As time has worn on the smaller details seem to fade away and get forgotten.

The point is that this dream recurred so many times that at the end of it I would go to bed expecting this dream to happen and you know what, it did! So I guess in a way that sets me apart from most dreamers in that I go into my dreams knowing what's going to happen.

Not anymore though. I haven't had any recurring dreams during my entire life time since this one.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Then all of the sudden stones like the ones the pyramid is made of fall randomly from the sky in fiery balls. I run away, leaving my stepdad behind. They must have been exploding out of the pyramid itself.

But you're not sure where they come from?

The fireballs raining down could be from a volcano maybe?

join