It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a Rambling About Forgiveness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
When someone causes you to suffer it is because the suffering and pain that that person feels is so much that it is pouring out of their being and contaminating those around them. Therefor this person does not need for us to retaliate and punish but it calls upon us to show compassion and a helping hand. If you do anything else you are only creating more chaos and dysfunction.

I know its one thing for me to say these things but entirely different to actually put them into practice. Especially in todays society where it is natural to feel negative towards someone that we think has done us wrong because lets face it, it simply doesn't feel good. But this grudge mentality only furthers the separation between us. Far more often than not we never let go of this emotion so we stay divided and disconnected. Holding onto these animosities as if we're afraid that we are worse off with out it. That if we let it go we are some how admitting defeat. But looking at it in a different light you see all that is lost is a feeling that ultimately you didn't even enjoy .

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EVOL88

They try to stir up your clouds above you and dethrone your place in the sky by way of anger. Just kill em with kindness and they will implode themselves. You will be rewarded if you keep your cool.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EVOL88

Forgiveness is not for the other person, it is for you. Holding on to anger and grudges will make you sick, literally. It also does not mean forget, what it does mean, is let go. We are the same, if we walked another's walk, we would behave as they do, so to condemn another is to condemn yourself.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Christ taught us to forgive. So did Bhudda. Forgiveness is the most difficult part of the human experience... to forgive is divine... holding grudges is holding on to pain... I am divorced because of grudges. Letting go of past transgressions is never easy, but necessary....

new topics

top topics

join