It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 year old tortured/murdered by Mother & boyfriend

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have a 9 year old son. He lives in New Hampshire under his Mother's care. He means the world to me, and I do everything I can to be as much a part of his life as I can. It hasn't been easy. His mother is bipolar and under constant depression. A couple of years ago, I couldn't get a hold of him to talk. I went a good 2 weeks without anyone answering their phone. Finally, one day I called his Mom's phone a good 15 times throughout the day. That's what it took for her to answer. When she answered, I found out that he was admitted to a children's psychiatric ward. Apparently, he flipped out in school and started throwing chairs at other kids.

He's been "diagnosed" with ADHD, which is total crap. He doen't have ADHD, the problem is his environment of care is terrible and chaotic. When he's with me...he's an outstanding kid who listens, responds and learns everything I teach him. We have an incredible bond.

I immediately drove up to go see him and get more information. I found out that his living conditions were terrible. The kitchen was a filthy mess that hadn't been cleaned in months, had cockroaches and maggots everywhere, and most of the food was inedible. I found out that there was an incident where the police where called over because a neighbor witnessed his mother verbally and physically abusing him. She hadn't paid her rent in several months and was on the verge of eviction. And she was overdosing him with his ADHD meds so he would go to sleep before 8pm every night.

I was heartbroken when I discovered all this, and I got it all from HER family. They told me that they felt bad for not telling me sooner, and that they would give statements and testify against his mother so my son could get out of that environment. I hired a lawyer, and started putting everything together. I had all the leverage a single father in the military would need to get full custody. (I mention military because many courts won't give custody over to a single military member, because of our military status.)

Unfortunately, her family went silent. They bought up all her debt, paid for her legal fees to keep custody, and there was nothing I could do from that point on. I did however, have a new parenting agreement which makes it so she can't make a single mistake in any way, shape or form. If she does, I get full custody. He's guaranteed a better life because of it, and he's thriving...doing very well in school. If it were up to me, I'd have him living under my roof every day.

Our family courts system is flawed. Too many times, they put the custody of a child in the wrong hands. Child protective services don't always do appropriate investigations that look into the true nature of a child's surroundings, and it's easy for a bad parent to make everything look like it's perfect. It sucks, and I don't have a solution to fix it. When I read this story, it really did break my heart. Child abuse is something I will not tolerate. To me....humanity may look intelligent with all the great things that have been accomplished in our history, but deep down there is still a great deal of primitive instinct that haunts us.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nake13

I understand completely where you're coming from. I have a very difficult time understanding the concept of modern religions. There is so much evil in the world, so much suffering that we don't even know about, that no human being should have to endure. And when I hear people say that "it's part of God's plan", or "it's the devil at work"...that bothers me. That can't be a part of anyone or anything's great plan who is supposed to love us all. And if it's the devil at work, then damn it....where's God to give us the strength to stop it from happening? Then I'm told...you must have faith, stay strong. I can't have faith when a 3 year old is tortured to death over a 3 day period and spends his whole life knowing nothing but pain and cruelty.

Mankind must take responsibility. Child abusers, rapists, and pedophiles all need to be made examples of. Public examples, that shows the rest of the world that this type of behavior won't be tolerated. It can't be tolerated. But it is...and that upsets me. They'll get a long, drawn our hearing. When they're found guilty, they'll spend less time in jail then someone committing a worse crime. They'll be protected and eventually released back out into the world where no real lesson is learned. I'm sure in some cases people do turn for the better and actively try to prevent that type of behavior from happening...but certainly not enough.

Anyway...I'm rambling. One last thought on this...I do believe there is a higher power of some sort out there, I just have a difficult time believing it's what everyone else believes it to be.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Mankind must take responsibility. Child abusers, rapists, and pedophiles all need to be made examples of. Public examples, that shows the rest of the world that this type of behavior won't be tolerated

There was a time I agreed with you - and more. I started threads here on ATS concerning how society should punish pedophiles.
Pedophiles - Brand them like the animals they are!, and later Pedophile Island where criminals were banished for life to live among their own with no outside help. I went as far as to chose burning pedophiles at a steel stake - publicly. I was, and I stress was a wholehearted believer in ‘eye for an eye’ - and more, lots lots more.

See, I was allowing their hate and evil breed hate and evil in me. Perpetuate hate and evil towards others who, regardless if they deserved mercy or not - I wanted them to FRY!

But... I've come to learn there are other ways to deal with the disastrous urge to seek vengeance and retribution. In my opinion the best way is to turn those emotions - into something good. Focus on something positive. Like, help out at a youth center. Babysit for a neighbor for free. Offer your time with veterans or older folks with no families. Use that ‘hate’ for the pedophile and instead of ‘hating’ - take that energy and lobby for stronger laws directed against first offender sex crimes against children. Not second of third offenders - first offenders.

But ya know what - it’s easy to hate. It’s easy to get sucked into hating. It isn’t easy to transform hate into love and doing something to counteract it on a spiritual level.

Regardless if you’re religious, spiritual, Christian, atheist or none of the above - EVIL and HATE exists in the world and the only way we can counter it - is by not feeding it with hate of our own.

peace
edit on 9-11-2014 by silo13 because: fix link

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

15,000 Light Candles to Honor Scotty McMillan

Thousands of people lit candles at 7 p.m. Friday to remember Scotty McMillan, the 3-year-old Philadelphia-area boy who prosecutors said was tortured and killed by his mother's boyfriend. "How could you do that to a 3-year-old boy?" asked Jeff Messantonio, of Norristown, Pa., who started the Facebook page calling for people to simultaneously light candles, wherever they are, to "light the way to heaven" for Scotty. More than 16,000 people joined the event and honored the Chester County boy, who investigators said had already died before arriving at a local hospital Tuesday night.

peace
edit on 9-11-2014 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Mankind must take responsibility. Child abusers, rapists, and pedophiles all need to be made examples of. Public examples, that shows the rest of the world that this type of behavior won't be tolerated

There was a time I agreed with you - and more. I started threads here on ATS concerning how society should punish pedophiles.
Pedophiles - Brand them like the animals they are!, and later Pedophile Island where criminals were banished for life to live among their own with no outside help. I went as far as to chose burning pedophiles at a steel stake - publicly. I was, and I stress was a wholehearted believer in ‘eye for an eye’ - and more, lots lots more.

See, I was allowing their hate and evil breed hate and evil in me. Perpetuate hate and evil towards others who, regardless if they deserved mercy or not - I wanted them to FRY!

But... I've come to learn there are other ways to deal with the disastrous urge to seek vengeance and retribution. In my opinion the best way is to turn those emotions - into something good. Focus on something positive. Like, help out at a youth center. Babysit for a neighbor for free. Offer your time with veterans or older folks with no families. Use that ‘hate’ for the pedophile and instead of ‘hating’ - take that energy and lobby for stronger laws directed against first offender sex crimes against children. Not second of third offenders - first offenders.

But ya know what - it’s easy to hate. It’s easy to get sucked into hating. It isn’t easy to transform hate into love and doing something to counteract it on a spiritual level.

Regardless if you’re religious, spiritual, Christian, atheist or none of the above - EVIL and HATE exists in the world and the only way we can counter it - is by not feeding it with hate of our own.

peace

There's a side to many of us who want a terrible and frightening revenge on people like this. I include myself. But when it comes time to put up or shut up, I don't know when the better side of my humanity would kick in. It could be right away. It could be after a few stones are thrown, it could be when the fire is put out. I don't know.

I don't know what the solution is...because this isn't anything new in human behavior. And unfortunately, it won't be the last time something as terrible as this happens. Whether we embrace public executions, adhere to an eye for an eye for justice, or do research to better understand the mentality of these monsters and correct it before it happens...there has to be a correct path to a world without such evil. I believe there has to be.

Whatever the path is, it has to be unanimous, unwavering, and shared for a collective advance throughout all of society.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I wonder if the mother was being made to by the guy , how a mother does that is something I ve never been able to get my head around

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join