It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

earths dying what else is new

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
i just want to know what good is and can be done for the earth right now it's to depressing going into forums and just seeing death earth dying blablabla bla it's just freaking me out so tell me what good can we do for our earth hmm?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
what good can humans do for earth ? well good or bad its all tempery as even the sun wont last forever and someday 5 billion years from now earth will be condsumed by a expanding sun. But if your thinking short term lets say the next million years the best thing humans could do for earth is go extinct . And of corse with the way we care for our planet this will happen regurdless .
Lets say we nuked our selfs today and the ecoligy crashes massive extincion and we go extinct as well . Now even if 80 or 90 % of all life is goin if you came back in tenthousand years you would find the planet covered in forest and having animals and other life forms . there may not be much virety be what does servive will grow or live anware it can get to.
come back in a million years and now there are manny life forms once again as the few that you started with change to adapt to there new niches . Now it would take and arciolgiest to pice toghter mans past as most citys are holes and only small towns survived and are burried in deep forest now.
now the strange thing is even given a nuked planet and extinchion of 90% doesent nesserly mean the end of man as we are well ill use the word intellegent . (if we were realy intellegent we wouldent have nuks to begin with)
But any way some life other then man will survive and in order for us to survive we only need a few lifeforms . 1 to creat oxgen and the rest to eat.
just a dozzen type of plants and three or 4 typs of animals and we would get by.Man is by far the tuffest criter that ever lived on earth.Tuffest in the idea that we find ways to survive in impossible places .Lets see your dog figerout how to survive without air.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Simcity4:

Actually we only have about a billion years till the earth is swallowed by the Sun.. (based on current estimated of a solar age of 4.5B years). About a billion more years and main stage fusion should be just about done, and it will be onto helium fusion/red giant phase.

Osiris

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't think humans are capable of destroying the earth. Killing off species and plant life, yes.

Entire civilizations can be overtaken by nature within a generation, human time. What was temples and pyramids became mountains.

new topics

top topics

join