It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomalies from Sol 527 - Hovering Object + More

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Judging by the positions of the other shadows, I think that what is happening is that there is a much darker rock in the foreground, whose shadow is located to the left, and then the rock that appears to be floating is a rock located in the background, behind the dark rock. So what appears to be a floating rock with a shadow under it is actually two rocks, one of which has a shadow. Also, the rock is on elevated terrain, a sand hill, which adds to the illusion in my opinion. It is a good find to be sure, and is better than many other supposed anomalies, even though it turned out to be explainable. I do not see much promise in the other images, as there is likely a natural explanation for those as well, although I do not know what the are. The shadows can definitely be tricky, especially when you have a very dark colored rock, or a rock that is in shadow already.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think the one with what looks like water is, well, water.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: robbystarbuck
Nice to see that people are really interested in this mysterious most wanted to research place in our solar system.
With many secrets that it holds.

But many photographed objects are sometimes confusing by the form or abnormality that they present and they also fool me by surprise when I do a thread about my findings..

honestly I'm also heading to what others say that the lighting and shadows especially on black and whites are very misleading .

The white dot , I find curious and the last picture , looks like some fossilized seashell but that could be totally of the charts . I will follow what others have to say about this ..

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to: [post=18636888]zerogee14[/post

What i see is 2 different rocks, the bottom one, if you look good at it you can see a horizontal dark/darker line in the shadow of that rock. Implementing that it is half rock half sand. you don't see a shiny part on the top, probably because it is a sharp rock on the top.

Does this make sense

(sorry for the grammar, i am dutch)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

I have seen this picture used countless times to provide evidence against such anomalies. To be honest i really dont get what the big deal is, i just see someone standing on a platform in the sand. She does not look like shes flying or floating or whatever is the idea just because a shadow is in shot from something out of picture.

Ive established it as the worst overused example on any subject.

Only thing i get from it is i wish i was on that lovely beach instead of wet ireland

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm guessing its an optical illusion, but knowing that... I still cant wrap my head around its form. It doesnt make any sense at all to my eyes, I'm going crosseyed looking at it. If you ignore the "shadow", the rock look like a regular rock. With the sun coming from right above, putting its front side in shadow (except a piece of dirt going up its side, the "hole"), its indeed looking like a rock.

But if we are to assume that is not its shadow... then wtf is it? If the sun is coming strong from above as shown by the rocks (bright tops with detail) then how can there be anything this dark in the picture that is not a shadow?

And if I buy that it is a shadow of the rock that is weirdly formed due to the terrain, creating an optical illusion... What's creating the OTHER black splotch "shadow"? There's no rock there. None at all. It cant be the small rock above it - that would indicate a very, very low sun which doesnt seem to be the case.

But then again Mars is just funny to look at. There is clearly an alien head there (complete with eyes, mandibles, clearly visible mouth and one intact feeler ). There is also a humanoid figure half burried in the sand with a rather fancy haircut. Lets ignore the slug like thing peeking out of the sand at the top and what is seemingly a Nintendo Powerglove grasping the metal sheet that's leaning on the rocks.

What, just look at it and tell me that what I describe isnt there :p
edit on 9-11-2014 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Thank you for your thoughts!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptNemo2012

Absolutely agree

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bringmecoffee

Thank you... I just am at a loss for how people try to explain hundreds of photos just like this where it clearly appears to be water or at the very least a body of liquid.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: merka

I'm really interested in where you see those things. Can you be more specific regarding which photos and where? Thank you for your thoughts/contribution to the thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: robbystarbuck

I just am at a loss for how people try to explain hundreds of photos just like this where it clearly appears to be water or at the very least a body of liquid.

The key word there is appears , appearances can be deceptive especially when your looking at pictures from another planet.
There is occasionally liquid water on Mars but it doesn't hang around for long , water likes an atmosphere and Mars doesn't have enough of it to support liquid water at the surface.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: zerogee14
In the first image the "floating rock" is an optical illusion. It's disctincly toughing the ground. Cup your hands around the red circle so you can only see that space and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, I see it... could be.. An other possibillity is that this is the result of the blurring-out by a nasa employee or wherever employees blur things out... company.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbystarbuck

I'm really interested in where you see those things. Can you be more specific regarding which photos and where? Thank you for your thoughts/contribution to the thread.

I found some more stuff.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

hmm... I think i see someone pulling legs in that photo as well...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka

originally posted by: robbystarbuck

I found some more stuff.

You suck dude...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The head of a duckling is really cute. It can be added to the zoo of Martian look-alikes. As for the OP's pic, like many others it was discussed and broken-down long ago on the Mars anomalies thread (linked in my sig).

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The first image can be a flying plastic bag, hoovered by the wind. Or a similar light object. Ist origin can be one of the rovers, but also a different one.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hello robbystarbuck .... you posted some interesting photos especially the ones called ... shiny rocks and the photo below it where you wrote ..... Long snake like object on top of this rock ....... which has some amazing things in the top fifth of the photo that you have seemed to miss

Please could you post the links for those two photos as I would love to check them out in detail ... many thanks in advance
edit on 10-4-2016 by smartist because: I joined two seperate sentences into one and had to seperate them using dots which came after Long snake like object on top of this rock

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join