It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Vortex to Blast 200 Million People With Arctic Air

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Star for you.

Farmers Almanac is one of the most accurate ways to predict a cold winter.

Well maybe next to looking at the squirrels tails. If the squirrels tails are bushy expect a harsh winter, if they are thinner and lean then a mild one.

An old farmer told me that years ago. I thought he was pulling my leg, but after years of taking note of squirrel tail size it was dead accurate.

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic

And I don't really know off-hand what kind of "voodoo" they use but these:

...are eerily accurate. Even down to the best days and times to fish!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Michio Kaku said “all hell’s going to break loose” and “the Earth is changing” and we need to get used to seeing more “violent swings.”

Here is the CBS interview with Kaku:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
well i was always told that the earth reverses the magnetic poles every few millennium or so, and there have been periodic ice ages and the last one was at least 11,000 years ago....so maybe this is the start of a very natural process where the earth gets colder or rainier or hotter depending on the time of the year or century??

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
Okay, here's the plan... everyone in the country grab a big piece of cardboard, face north and fan like crazy.

This visual cracked me up! But seriously, count me in!

As for you, OP aka "Bearer of Terrible News"... Grumblegrumble...ok, not your fault
Thanks for the heads-up, as I haven't been paying attention to the weather lately.

Glad I winterized front & back yards early this year. I guess the chimney sweeping & snow blower test in planning on for tomorrow may be just in time.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ronthealien

The magnetic reversal isn't thought to have any effect on weather/climate, though I don't believe anyone knows that for sure. Maybe there's a hurricane started by butterfly's wings effect.

As for ice ages, they're actually the norm. What we've been in for around 11,000 years is an interglacial period - the (relatively) short periods of time in between glaciation. AFAIK, while we're not considered "overdue" (because there is no set pattern we've figured out), this has been a relatively long interglacial. That said, if we are at the start of another ice age, we'll all probably be robots before it really becomes noticeable.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Well one theory I heard is, it is the changed JetStream causing that. In combination with the mountains, because it gets stuck on them so it is bilduing up more violently. Now you get all the winter snow and storms that was ours before, here in middle and northern Europe. I want to go skiing and can't! Give us our winters back you egoists... Sorry bad taste joke.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps We call it winter, but if they want to call it polar vortex that's fine by me. I have the little snow blower and the big snow blower locked and loaded so if mother nature wants to bring it................she can bring it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth
And then there is the wooly caterpillar...............www.almanac.com...

edit on 9-11-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
And here I am working outside all night in canada, sitting at -10c (14f), waiting for January when it will hit -50c (-58f), still working outside for 12 hours

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm in the midatlantic region. South east Virginia and my week long forecast shows high fifties to mid sixties which is cool for this time of year. It is showing a dip to the mid forties over next weekend. We've already had a few days or nights really that went down to thirty nine. That is cold for us. Most winters we have one or two days where the temps go to the teens, a few days maybe ten in all in the twenties but we also get days in the high seventies and even eighties though they're rare too. Average wintertime temps here are mid forties. Snow is a very rare occuurance. Not every winter brings snow. Sometimes we go years without it.

reply to: HardCorps

This is a funny auto correct that occurred. On my first sentence midatlantic was changed to galactic it said I live in the galactic region. Then I corrected it and it corrected to philharmonic.
And just now it made midatlantic instamatic. Dont you just love autocorrect?
edit on AM0000003000000011114531302014-11-09T09:31:40-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu30u11114533302014-11-09T09:33:21-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
I'd seen the photos in the newspaper of Niagara Falls and the spikey ice that covered the river. Every frozen river I'd ever been to was flat from bank to bank. I wonder why the ice was like that.

I live here. The currents keep the ice moving, it is constantly turning, heaving and rolling. Not very conducive to smooth ice.
They used to walk over the 'ice bridge' that formed most winters early in the 1900's. Feb. 4th, 1912, 35 people died when the 'bridge' broke up while people were on it. Since then they banned any activities on the frozen river.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

yeah i know,,, that huirricane east of alaska is pushing the colder air towards the great lakes and that definately is not helping lol

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ronthealien

sorry meant west....ugh!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just glancing at the graphic the OP provided makes me think that an Ice age is truly an easy and fast thing to occur.
If we suffer through another winter like last years in Ontario things are going to get ugly.
Lake Huron this year was basically un swim-able because of the cold from being frozen solid all winter long.
The fishing was way way down from previous years and it looks glum for next year as well.

Could we be witnessing the demise of the Dinosaurs first hand and not realize it?
I do recall last year or the year before the talking heads clearly stated that the Polar Vortex was a very very rare occurrence and not to worry about it.......

Well now it's as common as your corrupt cop videos and now its a daily thing mentioned in the weather news.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I live in Wisconsin. Farmer's Almanac is 80% accurate. They say this winter will be much like last one, with even more brutal cold weather. I believe it. I remember being at work one day last winter when it was minus 26 without the wind chill. It was something like minus 50 with the wind chill. Most of that week, I had to go out and run my car during the lunch hour to keep the oil and gas lines from freezing. Just part of life in da frozen tundra. I like it here though, and I do like winter. Gotta be tough if you're gonna live here.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

You want to change the climate? Then get literally everybody across the board...on board. That's the only way.

So, controlling the climate, with legislation, is impossible, unless….what's the plan, again, and are you sure about this?

That's what I call doing exactly what they tell you to do. Does this include Nuremberg style trials, for dissenters?

I'm speechless…

# 321

edit on 9-11-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Ah , Polar Vortex , formally known as WINTER...............Duh !

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

I never called for legislating Climate Change and even said that taking that route would never work. Getting everybody on board the bandwagon was a tongue in cheek response. People never agree on anything.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
mashable.com...
title: Meteorological 'bomb' is about to go off in the Bering Strait

I wonder if Fukushima radiation will be in that storm and the Arctic super storm that follows

I know that the ocean waters will be tainted, but what about the atmospheric moisture of the polar vortex
edit on th30141563197610062014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
To prepare for this, I've purchased supplies;
1 bottle scotch
Socks.

I know, I'm hoarding materials, but you can never be too safe!

(really, keep warm folks!)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join