It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Vortex to Blast 200 Million People With Arctic Air

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Are you out flapping?

I'm gonna be pissed if I find out I'm the only idiot doing this.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Actually, the same weather patterns were prevalent in the late '70s when everyone thought we were entering the next Ice Age.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps
At least when I shiver next week, I can remember that there are 199,999,999 other people shivering too.
Just another winter. It was 26 degrees below zero in PA in the 1990's one winter.
Then again, I have hunted deer in a T-shirt in December.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Dang that's cold! Just last night I was complaining about it being freezing and it was only 43 degrees outside. Living in California really isn't that bad, I couldn't deal with living where it snows.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
But the evidence for 'Man made' climate change is irrefutable, the man on the T.V said, because the Government told him, who was told by scientists who receive grants from the Government that the evidence is clear, although it's really complicated to understand if you aren't a scientist and you're not receiving grants from the Government to research this.

ETA - Brrrr, good luck with the weather.
edit on 7/11/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Yep. And I'm standing on the roof for more effect.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Y'know, you don't have to stay in a place where the climate is a combination of hot humid summers, thunderstorms every three days, short spring and falls, and six months worth of arctic blasts, trying to heat and cool your code-enforced matchstick housing with inch thick walls with corporate-bought NG and oil, right?

There's plenty of places with mild weather where black ice, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding and drought aren't a problem...

Considering all the cost involved in living in these places, a person would think you'd actually chosen it as your best option or something.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

My favorite weather men are the old farmers at the local farm supply. When they start to stock up, you better lay in a supply, too! No one lives on the land successfully for as long as they do without learning how to read it.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hurumph!

How is it that the weather always seems to know when I'm going camping?

Hey, he's going camping again, let's blast that cold, and thrown more snow in there like we did back on the 1st of Nov.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Canadian says....Bwahahahahaha.
That's cold?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
We need to build a huge wall on the northern border to keep that cold air in Canada where it belongs!

Ya that would keep all that pollution on the south side got my vote

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Last year here in Wisconsin, I blew the motor in my jeep on my way to work on a morning that was - 15f without the wind chill. I waited for 2 hours for a tow truck to get there, I was so cold it hurt. I dont want to go through that again.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: TDawgRex

That's actually one of the theories as to what might happen if the oceans continue to warm--not a full fledged ice age but colder continents. What's been happening is that warmer air (and water) is pushing further up into the Arctic and that is displacing the cold pockets of air southward.

www.noaa.gov...

As far as what creates ice ages, I don't think that has been quite figured out totally but I know that it's likely to due with the obliquity of the eartha nd a few other factors. In that sense, yes, it is a cycle. It's where on the position of that cycle we're at and whether that coincides as to what is happening now. The things that scientists do know about the grand cycles of the earth do not offer any explanation as to what is occurring presently. That's one of the reasons why so many scientists do not question anthropogenic climate change.

I think part of the problem is that, early on in the examination of these issues back in the 70's, there was a lot less data than we have now. Additionally, we have a ton more of processing power for all that data, which also wasn't there in the 70's. The more data that the scientists collect and process, the more refined the what ifs are going to become. In that light, you bet that opinions of what might happen are going to shift over time as more information comes in. That's the way it works for anybody. Does your opinion necessarily stay the same when you learn more information on the subject? Maybe, maybe not--depending on that new information.

I was reading a study awhile go by some I think Japanese scientist that think the ice ages are cause by the solar systems travel around the galaxy and that it was getting to be time for another. I'll post a link if I can find it again.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yep.
The Sun has gone to sleep folks.
And Shh!! Don't tell the elite who are buying large chunks of land
way up north, thinking us commoners will be flooded from a Hot Earth.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Yet there are still people who say that the world is getting warmer. Maybe it is...it's called Climate Change and it really has nothing to do with politics, or mankind. It is just the way it is...nature. Can't legislate that.

Sorry if it's been said, or if I'm a little late with replying but...
Global warming does not necessarily mean that the planet will heat up and it will be summer weather around the world.

It means that the earth will heat up, causing climate change.

Some hot places get hotter, some get colder, and some cold places get colder, some get hotter.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Actually, the same weather patterns were prevalent in the late '70s when everyone thought we were entering the next Ice Age.

You have just solved the $64,000 question.
This Ice age is no longer coming, it's here .
edit on 7-11-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: sp

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sometimes I miss having 4 seasons... until I hear about polar vortexes and all that!

In all seriousness though, I hope the rest of the country takes heed and gets prepared for some cold weather! And don't forget to check on the elderly in your neighborhood, they might not be equipped to get properly prepared for any adversity that may accompany such extremely cold weather!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Yet there are still people who say that the world is getting warmer. Maybe it is...it's called Climate Change and it really has nothing to do with politics, or mankind. It is just the way it is...nature. Can't legislate that.

US is not the whole world! In Europe it was never warm in november like it is now. Global warming - see Global? It's calculated by the average temperature everywhere in the World, not just US.

Just saying ..

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Actually its because of the super extratropical storm that has one of the lowest pressures of an extratropical storm ever recorded, it is a remnent of typhoon nuri, it is about to slam into alaska with 80 mph winds and 50 ft wave heights. This strong low will buckle the jet stream. However this storms devolpment has nothing to do with global warming and everything to do with, el nino ( which is characterized by anomalous warm waters in the pacific) the epac will be a major factor for this up coming winter, and the southern jet will be active. Also the AO is tanking and going negative, which really equates to a long sustained cold. I do belive if you are in the south and enjoy snow this might be your year.

edit on 7-11-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisIllusioned PatRiot

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: TDawgRex

That's actually one of the theories as to what might happen if the oceans continue to warm--not a full fledged ice age but colder continents. What's been happening is that warmer air (and water) is pushing further up into the Arctic and that is displacing the cold pockets of air southward.

www.noaa.gov...

As far as what creates ice ages, I don't think that has been quite figured out totally but I know that it's likely to due with the obliquity of the eartha nd a few other factors. In that sense, yes, it is a cycle. It's where on the position of that cycle we're at and whether that coincides as to what is happening now. The things that scientists do know about the grand cycles of the earth do not offer any explanation as to what is occurring presently. That's one of the reasons why so many scientists do not question anthropogenic climate change.

I think part of the problem is that, early on in the examination of these issues back in the 70's, there was a lot less data than we have now. Additionally, we have a ton more of processing power for all that data, which also wasn't there in the 70's. The more data that the scientists collect and process, the more refined the what ifs are going to become. In that light, you bet that opinions of what might happen are going to shift over time as more information comes in. That's the way it works for anybody. Does your opinion necessarily stay the same when you learn more information on the subject? Maybe, maybe not--depending on that new information.

I was reading a study awhile go by some I think Japanese scientist that think the ice ages are cause by the solar systems travel around the galaxy and that it was getting to be time for another. I'll post a link if I can find it again.

That would be awesome if you can find it. I tend to view things as functioning as systems being parts of larger systems that are part of even larger systems. Nothing exists in a bubble so would really enjoy reading that if you can find it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join