It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colon cancers may be increasing among young adults

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I just went to see my GP today and they had signs all over the clinic about Colon Cancer and like it or not
you were handed a home testing kit to use and then mail in the test strip.

It seems to me its the scare of the day in town....someone is making money off of these tests.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Wow, I just hope you're fine!

This article really doesn't surprise me at all. I'm a young adult and if I see what many of my age group (and older, no denying) and especially those in the USA eat I'm not really that amazed. The only thing slightly surprising is the fact that it actually already occurs at a young age but then again, some children even get type 2 diabetes from poor dietary choices.

We *really* need to shed the high fructose corn syrup, the high processed ''foods'', the greasy junkfood. Eat as little processed/packaged meals as possible. I've been somewhat paranoid about hfcs for a long time due to info I got about it but there're many other things in processed foods you need to avoid. Even if some huge letters on a package say it's HEALTHY and LOW FAT etc: please just cook something yourself, it usually doesn't take very long despite what some say or (try to) make you believe.

Also, don't ignore the effects the meat industry's feeding and processing methods might have on you! Think antibiotics, hormones, all the extra stuff they put on and in it....

A friend of mine eats processed junk all the time (and no fresh veggies or fruit) and despite the fact he isn't fat at this moment, he feels crap and lacks energy. Sadly enough though... he talked to me about it and I gave him some tips etc and he came up with the silliest ''excuses'' not to make certain changes. But his diet isn't that irregular at all.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am also a young-un

I have always had problems with being a bit...constipated at times lol
But i know that I don't have cancer. And I like foods that are 'bad' for me. I've only had food poisoning a handful of times in my life--my stomach seems to be very strong. But I am a picky eater when all is said and done. I buy high quality meat and stuff to eat, but when i have to eat the lower quality stuff, I do and don't have any negative side-effects.

Maybe it isn't so much what we eat but instead is more about our energy.

Not sure if I made a point or am just rambling but interesting topic, OP. Ty for the heads-up

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Avoid (red) meat, a highly increased change with getting Colon Cancer's.

Red meat and colon cancer
Although the results vary, studies from around the world have suggested that a high consumption of meat is linked to an increased risk of colon cancer. In all cases the worry is confined to red meat, not chicken.

The best evidence comes from a pair of large 2005 studies, one from Europe, the other from the United States. The European research tracked 478,000 men and women who were free of cancer when the study began. The people who ate the most red meat (about 5 ounces a day or more) were about a third more likely to develop colon cancer than those who ate the least red meat (less than an ounce a day on average). Their consumption of chicken did not influence risk one way or the other, but a high consumption of fish appeared to reduce the risk of colon cancer by about a third.

The U.S. study added important information about the effects of long-term meat consumption. The subjects were 148,610 people between the ages of 50 and 74. A high consumption of red and processed meats was linked with a substantial increase in the risk of cancer in the lower colon and rectum. Conversely, the long-term consumption of large amounts of fish and poultry appeared protective.

These two studies are impressive, and they don’t stand alone. A meta-analysis of 29 studies of meat consumption and colon cancer concluded that a high consumption of red meat increases risk by 28%, and a high consumption of processed meat increases risk by 20%.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join