It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colon cancers may be increasing among young adults

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The effects of lifestyles are coming full circle. I don't know why the title (not mine) uses the word "may" because the article attests that it is a sure thing. Just one more thing to show that something is out of whack with our diet and environment. Cancer rates are growing while we spend millions every year on cancer research.

(Reuters Health) - New diagnoses of colon and rectal cancers are on the rise among young adults while the numbers are falling among people who are older, according to a new study.

If the trends continue, by 2030 the number of colon and rectal cancer cases will roughly double among people between the ages of 20 and 34 years old and grow by 28 percent to 46 percent for people ages 35 to 49 years, researchers found.

But there have been other reports that the number of new cases being diagnosed among younger people is growing.

“We’ve been seeing more young patients in our clinic for workups for colorectal cancers,” Bailey said.

The researchers used a U.S. database of cancer cases from 1975 to 2010 to determine the incidence of colon and rectal cancers among different age groups.

Overall, the incidence of those cancers for all age groups fell by about 1 percent during that period. The decrease was confined to those 50 years old and older, however. There were increases for people between ages 20 and 49 years.

The researchers also found an increasing number of advanced cancers were being diagnosed among younger people

The researchers can’t say why more colon and rectal cancers are being diagnosed among younger people, but it could be attributed to less healthy lifestyles; for example, being obese, not exercising and having a poor diet.

I just thought I would bring this to everybody's attention, especially the younger crowd here on ATS.

ETA - forgot link: news.yahoo.com...

edit on 7-11-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We eat junk, are much more sedentary than our ancestors. All around our lifestyles are unhealthy. We're overtired, stressed, polluted and toxic chemicals penetrate us all the time.

Young and healthy? Nah, it's young and lucky nowadays S + F
edit on 7-11-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: Fatigue.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I would be willing to be money that a lot of the colon cancer cases are relatable to the BT GMOS (in America they are putting corn and soy in nearly Everything). This kind of GMO was designed so that insects such as caterpillars would have their intestines virtually explode inside of them if they ate the GMO crops. Now we eat the corn and soy that has been modified for this reason. Then you have this stupid "Science girl" who has an ever-growing following on social media sites that claims GMOs are greaaaattt. Just swell. Anyway, there's my 2 cents - BT GMOs and ignorance of the people.

BT GMOs
a reply to: StoutBroux

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Did you mean to say we are much more sedentary than our predecessors? I work in an office and many of my friends the same age do as well. This is definitely not a healthy work environment... a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
its all them GMOs they feed us and pesticides they are putting on the crops so much so that the birds and the bees are dyeing off.

When fracking chemicals get into the water system then we are all in trouble unless we are prepared to use force to stop them because bankers and oil interest groups bribe all our politicians and they would sell their own grandkids out for a fast buck.

I even read that cancer is being blamed on 3rd hand smoke and even vaping these days but never the crap big corporations serve the sheep and call it food.

Russia had the right plan when it comes to GMOs and banned them from the west but you could never do this in the USA because all the medical healthcare corporations would take a dip in profits and we cannot allow that can we now.

I suspect they are even putting something in the water besides fluoride to sedate the public but that's just a theory right now.
edit on 7-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yeah much more. Thanks for catching that.

Our ancestors would walk miles, working from sunup to sundown (often before). Now we hunt in the aisles, are glued to desks, take transport and eat fake foods.

Not saying back then was better, we've advanced but we've begun to stagnate.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think I'm going to check out Russia and a few other countries cancer rates and then check it again in five years or so. The GMO's have to be playing a major role, not just in cancer rates but obesity. A combination of lifestyle and foods. It just seems like all diseases are rising in the US, cancers, heart disease. I hope we can change the laws on GMO but it's going to take time and money. Stars for everyone and thanks for the replies.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Besides GMO and other heavily processed food that makes up most diets there are a few study's that day colon cancer and other bowel problems may be caused but using our normal western style toilets instead of squatting like most " less developed " countries do. I don't know about Japans stance(haha) on GMOs but the majority of them still squat and also eat more western style processed food now but don't have near the problems we do.

I don't know if the study's were just hippy pseudoscience that makes it look more heathy or maybe the countries where are food is spreading just need s generation or two eating it to start showing the same issues.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm going with McDonald's sweet tea being the culprit. Just a hunch.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well that isnt a surprise, As stated by many above, it is the food corporations that are causing the cancers. And the FDA is just sitting back and watching while their co-partner in crime Monsanto sprays chemikills and creates New GMOs which destroy natural versions of our fruits and vegetables. All the Monster drinks and other High caffeinated drinks that are loaded with HFCS and other fake sugars will also be the early death of many young people world wide. So want to fix the problem? Get off the sugary drinks completely, Stop going to fast food and restaurants to fill your stomach and learn to cook real foods.

A interesting thing to note here, We all have heard about TPTB and their alleged agenda for population control. Well think about that and how the food industries could be a major player in that role. Particulerly in the US. Our very own FDA allows companies to put chemicals in processed foods that are not allowed in European countries...Hmmm Chew on that

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
mmmm plastic

I know this is old news but its still being used. We don't own a microwave in our house that cuts a lot of heavily processed food out with the added benefit that you eat less if it takes you longer to make a snack.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DisIllusioned PatRiot
mmmm plastic

I know this is old news but its still being used. We don't own a microwave in our house that cuts a lot of heavily processed food out with the added benefit that you eat less if it takes you longer to make a snack.

I don't microwave either but I see friends who do....and they use plastic. I just about go ballistic on them and tell them if they're going to microwave, at least use glass (without lead) or Correlle etc. and explain that plastic can leach into foods. It doesn't matter if it says "microwavable" on it. I scare the chit out of them but I tell you what, it works. I showed one friend how the inside of his microwaved plastic had a rough line, specifically from microwaving/hot food (especially acidic foods). I told him he was eating that crap. He has developed neurological disorders and I can't help but wonder if his plastic diet played a role in it.

Microwaves are bad for other reasons, mostly the poor taste and quality of foods and many people really don't know how to cook. They only know how to heat and eat. Can you imagine making homemade gnocchi and cooking it in the microwave? Me neither. Thank god you can't cook Chinese food in a microwave.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy

A interesting thing to note here, We all have heard about TPTB and their alleged agenda for population control. Well think about that and how the food industries could be a major player in that role particularly in the USA. Our very own FDA allows companies to put chemicals in processed foods that are not allowed in European countries...Hmmm Chew on that

I can't help but wonder if disease (in the US) will be the new war budget. Keeping people ill and diseased to justify the ever increasing taxes, under the control of TPTB with a debilitating ball and chain. Causing all this disease would be a boon in the health industry and the government. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Modern diets, modern lifestyles, modern chemicals. Wow we really dug ourselves into a hole didn't we?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet that it's because of what's being added to our food. Years ago people weren't gluten intolerant or lactose intolerant. Now there are tons of people who are, myself included in that. You eat foods that run through your system, and eventually you have so much inflammation that it shouldn't surprise anyone when the word 'cancer' pops up.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I like how every time these types of articles come out it's always people's own personal choices to blame.

People don't have much choice in their air, water, soil, and food being poisoned. When people have to battle politically just to have the right to know what's in their food, the people are not to blame.

You can't be responsible without being informed, and information is being purposefully and forcefully withheld.

I also like how lung cancer among non-smokers is rising, I thought it was the cigarettes causing it all? Must be 40-year old second hand smoke that just now wafted into people's homes giving them cancer.

I'm not saying there aren't a lot of lazy people living willfully unhealthy lifestyles, there totally are, but to ignore the other side (the incredibly toxic environment we now live in) is not only dishonest but reeks of agenda.

It's like the saying about pissing in your face and telling you it's raining.

Except this is more like pissing in your face and then blaming you for pissing on your own face, when at most you dribbled on your leg a few times.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Three meltdowns, unchecked and spewing into the oceans and atmosphere for three and one half years.

Everyone here will have cancer before long.

Fukushima.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
My money is on NutraSweet. I bet it is a least one of the many things we have yet to identify as causing cancer. Cell phones in the pocket. Right there next to your colon. GMO foods anyone?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Did you mean to say we are much more sedentary than our predecessors? I work in an office and many of my friends the same age do as well. This is definitely not a healthy work environment... a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Make sure to keep yourself regular. One effect of sitting is it reduces how often you might have bowl movements leaving the waste sitting in your system all day. Laxatives throughout your sedentary life could help I bet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join