It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Lithuania unearths liquor pipeline from Belarus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Border guards in Lithuania have dug up a pipeline from neighboring Belarus that was used for smuggling in liquor. It is the forth such pipeline to be found in the last two years. The pipe made of plastic stretched for over 2 miles and went under roads and along a riverbed.

story.news.yahoo.com
VILNIUS (Reuters) - Lithuanian border guards have unearthed a three-kilometre (2-mile) pipeline for smuggling in moonshine liquor from neighbouring Belarus.

The thin plastic pipeline, buried a few centimetres underground, ran under several roads, along a riverbed and ended next to the home of a Lithuanian citizen, the guards said on Friday.

There was no news of any arrests.

It was the fourth such pipeline discovered in the last two years but by far the longest. Moonshine vodka from Belarus is sold on the black market in Lithuania, undercutting prices of legitimate alcohol that have risen sharply since the Baltic nation joined the European Union in May.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems that there is a lively black market for vodka in Lithuania. Part of the reason is that legitimate liquor has risen in price since the country joined the European Union. It is amazing that no one was them laying out this buried pipeline laid out between the two countries. No doubt bribes and payoffs were the order of the day. Cheers.

[edit on 12/10/04 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I could do with one of those pipeline thingies to my house.........do you reckon i'll be able to lay a pipe line through Europe and under the channel to mine??!! ....hiccup...cheers!!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Just made contact with my 'agent' in Belarus. I can confirm that tunneling through the centre
of the earth is progessing rapidly (it's hollow after all) and soon, due to one of these

and a lot of this

i will have sweet water on tap.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Just made contact with my 'agent' in Belarus. I can confirm that tunneling through the centre of the earth is progessing rapidly (it's hollow after all) and soon i will have sweet water on tap.

I can see the run on PVC pipe and tubing at the local Home Depot's

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I live in Louisville Ky. My Dad is from the sticks in Ky. A little county called Peone pronounced PEE-O--NEE, I affectionatly refer to the place as PEE-ON-YEE. Anyway, Im here to tell you that bootlegging liquor is alive and well in Peone. They dont make Vodka, but they make a mean clean moonshine
And our liquor prices arn't that bad!

top topics

join