It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Zoltan Istvan: First Transhumanist to Throw His Hat in 2016 Ring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Looks like he is pulling a Donald Trump and doesn't really expect to win but ride the publicity wave.

Zoltan has founded the Transhumanist Party and is now taking this first major step to grow it. At this point in the game, the next major step — getting access to all the state ballots

Zoltan Istvan – The most important goal of the Transhumanist Party and my 2016 presidential campaign is to spread awareness of transhumanism and to address the issue that society will be greatly changed by radical science and technology in the next 5-15 years.

www.extremetech.com...

With that said I not so sure a having a superior technology advanced human running the country will be such a good idea. Heck our current politicians are subpar humans can't imagine if they become superior the kind of cr@pola they will pull.

Interesting times we are living in.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

edit on 7-11-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

We can't even get HUMAN right, how are we supposed to be better with technology?

Why does everyone keep thinking that technology, material possessions, and material knowledge makes us happier?

If you took someone from 200 years ago and showed them all the stuff we have they would think we are living in paradise.

But we are just as miserable with technology as we were without it. Technology may have brought us closer together, but it has separated us from the physical reality all around us.

Man is so stupid, we create, build, philosophy and die. How exactly does Transhumanism change anything?

It's about love and humanity. Unless what we build is built for humanity how will it ever progress the Human.

Shouldn't we first learn how to be Human, before worrying about Transhumanism

Without Love and humanity all this technology will do is give us greater resources to destroy and control each other. Material knowledge does not lead to HUMAN enlightenment. Material possession and knowledge serve only as distractions to WHO WE ARE AND WHY WE ARE HERE.

Technology can't answer these questions, nor can technology bring peace, unless you believe that a police state, 100% surveillance is peace.

We were given all we needed by our creator, you can't build it, you can't know it from the pages in a book, but you can be Enlightened from within by it.
edit on 7-11-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

As an atheist, I agree with many of your points. I think the only point where we diverge is on the subject of a creator. Improving and augmenting humanity to have enhanced learning capabilities or augmenting memory is not going to do anything for the issues that have perennially plagued humankind. A smarter individual doesn't guarantee a love or sense of community with their fellow man. If anything, it typically creates a deeper sense of isolation and really, if any of the tech would actually work, that is what is most likely going to occur until it (and if) transhumanist technology becomes normalized. I would dread that day personally as it would be a brave new world at that point indeed.

I'd much rather see humanity embrace its diversity over homogenizing itself into the ideal. I'd suggest that there is a purpose to many of those things that would be aimed at as needing corrective action but that society has developed in such a way as to undermine those purposes. I would never support any who aim to perfect humanity. To me, that would be like supporting the actions of Josef Mendele. PASS.

We need love, compassion and understanding of each other. A better sense of community. Technology so far has given us a little of that in a sense but at the same time, been an incredibly isolating factor. All one has to do is go to a restaurant and see those families with their noses buried into their phones instead of talking.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

With a name like Zoltan sounds like he should be on the show defiance.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Vote for me and your Smart Phone will be obsolete in 2 months or less!
-Zolt

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is the kind of thing that disturbs me greatly when I see it. Even as a philosophical debate it's frightening to think about all the ways this could go wrong. The thought of putting someone like this in the driver's seat is actually terrifying if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's about time someone tried to break the US of its idiotic fear of technology. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. The world has too many technophobic Luddites, and they're the ones running the government, that needs to change.

top topics

join