It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REDMAP : the REDistricting MAjority Project

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: xuenchen
Illinois may have been an exception to this rule.

Democrat Governor and Legislature for years.

Big victories for Republicans the other day without influence.

Illinois is a big RED map now !!

Obama's fault.

Most states are red except for the urban centers where the low-IQ voters live. There are enough of them that they taint the whole state. Kinda like a turd in a punch bowl.

Too harsh? Too bad.

Yup.

The high crime and high poverty areas are historically Democrat voting pockets.

Right down to each polling place even.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: xuenchen
Illinois may have been an exception to this rule.

Democrat Governor and Legislature for years.

Big victories for Republicans the other day without influence.

Illinois is a big RED map now !!

Obama's fault.

Most states are red except for the urban centers where the low-IQ voters live. There are enough of them that they taint the whole state. Kinda like a turd in a punch bowl.

Too harsh? Too bad.

You're correct that most of the US is red except for the coasts and urban/metro areas. But I will take issue with your ignorant comment about it being low IQ voters.

Many urban/metro areas do have populations of uneducated folks that live in high crime situations, but urban/metro areas also have large populations of young, well-educated professionals that live and work in those areas. You know, those young liberal hippies.

But if you really want to delve in to the mud pit on this issue, we could discuss why many of the states in the US with the lowest average IQ happen to be red states.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

But if you really want to delve in to the mud pit on this issue, we could discuss why many of the states in the US with the lowest average IQ happen to be red states.

I doubt that you're referencing anything more than liberal propaganda.

Perhaps I should have said "concentration of low-IQ voters". Also, the liberal academia who may test higher than the ghetto rats aren't in touch with reality. They deal with theories and ideas from the comfort of their ivory towers. Remember, those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

If you go here you will find an average IQ by state based on ACT scores.

The two lowest scored states on the list are Mississippi and South Carolina, both red states. Behind them is Washington DC, you know.....those hood rats.

That's not propaganda....that's math. I know, I know....doing math makes you an elitist liberal academic. Sorry.

But I see that you like using the propaganda terms that are thrown around by the neoconservative media. Like the "ivory tower liberal academia".

In my day to day dealings, I find that it is the neoconservatives that are out of touch with reality. They believe in insane theories like Obama is a kenyan muslim with no birth certificate, they believe the governemnt is trying to take their guns away, they believe the US is a Christian nation, they believe radical muslims are going to enact sharia law in the US...want me to keep going?

I can't help but laugh because it seems like these neoconservatives are the ones in the ivory tower, have a very narrow perspective of the world around them and, frankly, need to turn off the radio/tv and get out more.
edit on 11/7/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Can we get stats for each voting precinct?

The Statewide data is skewed and too generalized.

Even County data might not be accurate.

Interesting concept however.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I know, it's tough to swallow. Unfortunately, it's the truth.

I haven't been able to find a breakdown by precinct, but I was able to find the results from the last election by county, which you wouldn't accept. It shows the large counties, where all them hood rats live, all went Red except for Hinds county.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Sure right after you provide even one piece of actual evidence for even one statement in your post.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

How Redistricting Can Create a Springboard for Presidential Candidates

www.redistrictinginamerica.org...

A little noticed aspect of the controversial article and cover on Obama in the New Yorker, is that Obama benefited from having his Illinois Senate districts tailor-made for him. The article describes in detail the process by which Obama was able to choose his district. One day in the spring of 2001, about a year after the loss to Rush, Obama walked into the Stratton Office Building, in Springfield, a shabby nineteen-fifties government workspace for state officials next to the regal state capitol. He went upstairs to a room that Democrats in Springfield called “the inner sanctum.” Only about ten Democratic staffers had access; entry required an elaborate ritual—fingerprint scanners and codes punched into a keypad. The room was large, and unremarkable except for an enormous printer and an array of computers with big double monitors. On the screens that spring day were detailed maps of Chicago, and Obama and a Democratic consultant named John Corrigan sat in front of a terminal to draw Obama a new district. Corrigan was the Democrat in charge of drawing all Chicago districts, and he also happened to have volunteered for Obama in the campaign against Rush.

edit on 023030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
On mobile at the moment ... but ...

Surely we are not making the very fundamental error of assuming that because the media colors in a state as "Red" there are zero Democrats in that state ... Right?

Because no one who would make a bone-headed mistake like that needs to cite ANYONE else for a deficient intellect.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I think we might be confused.

You were citing IQ, I was talking about high crime and poverty.

Just the same, S. Carolina and Mississippi have some heavy Democrat areas for the House Districts.

Not easy to tie in any real local details.

House Election Map

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Since you included zero commentary with your very long post ... Is your argument that two wrongs make a right? Are you surprised that a website tailored to support the Republican gerrymandering effort would misrepresent the facts to justify their own actions?

Not dissimilar for what you're attempting to do here?

Or did you mean something else?
edit on 14Fri, 07 Nov 2014 14:11:05 -060014p0220141166 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Indeed, it may be tough to pin down all of the stats. Either way, I think we are getting off-track. I only came in to this thread to address the ignorant insinuation that the urban/metro areas are full of uneducated ghetto rat Democrats.

What he/she was pretty much saying is that black people are stupid and that's why they vote democrat.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
A poster earlier made the claim that the REDMAP effort is trying to correct changes made by Democrats.

I'd be very interested in specific data to back up that very general claim, if any exists.
edit on 15Fri, 07 Nov 2014 15:13:10 -060014p0320141166 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
As far as low income equals low IQ, or information voters, I disagree, I know plenty wealthy that vote blind.

And educated I might add.

We here even when supplied with mountains of information fail to consider and recognize the truth when faced with the facts

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Thanks for your comment Stormdancer, I agree that gross generalizations about intellect are just, well, gross.

But speaking of the facts, what was your comment on the REDMAP effort?

Good, bad, indifferent?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join