It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Is Why Vikings Are Going Straight to Hell !... If There Is One.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

color

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: nukedog
a reply to: swanne

I only jumped in this thread because the op fell into the old swede then vs swede now trope by calling Vikings intolerant.

I was working from memory of something I read a few yrs back.
Ancient Britain Had Apartheid-Like Society,
Study Suggests

When Anglo-Saxons first arrived in Britain 1,600 years ago, they created an apartheid-like society that oppressed the native Britons and wiped out almost all of the British gene pool, according to a new study.

By treating Britons like slaves and imposing strict rules, the small band of Anglo-Saxons—who had come from what is now Germany, Denmark, and the Netherlands—quickly dominated the country, leaving a legacy of Germanic genes and the English language, both of which still dominate Britain today.

British Have Changed Little Since Ice Age, Gene Study Says (July 19, 2005)
Stone Age Britons Often Died From Brutal Blows, Skull Survey Says (May 18, 2006)
The new theory helps explain historical, archaeological, and genetic evidence that until now had seemed contradictory, including the high number of Germanic genes found in modern-day England.

"An apartheid-like social structure could explain the big genetic and language replacements that we see," said Mark Thomas, a genetic anthropologist at University College London, who lead the study.

news.nationalgeographic.com...
The use of the term Apartheid triggered images of old South Africa.

first of all 1600 years ago is germanic. Not the "viking" culture you are thinking of. The Scandinavian region is a "womb of nations" that gave birth to many people. If you want to talk about the mythical ancient Germans then wow. Those guys exercised kill zones hundreds of miles wide round their territories. Those people were the stuff nightmares are made of.

Second of all why look at that kind of anecdotal DNA evidence when you have written records of "DANE LAW," in England which many acknowledge as the cradle of our "human rights?"

Fact of the matter is Vikings, were exceedingly adaptable, whether it be "RUSS"ia, "ANGLE"nd, "NORMAN"dy, or the Mediterranean. They were anything but intolerant lol

edit on 8-11-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Perhaps I should have said Viking like people for the Danes were covered along with other tribes ,off course it is quite possible that they differed from region to region where they settled but having a document that proclaimed the rights of men may not include all men,just like the proclamation WE HOLD THESE TRUTH TO BE SELF EVIDENT THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL...certainly did not apply to the slaves those men who wrote that beautiful document owned, it was later applied to the descendants of those slaves but not at the time.

edit on 8-11-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Perhaps I should have said Viking like people for the Danes were covered along with other tribes ,off course it is quite possible that they differed from region to region where they settled but having a document that proclaimed the rights of men may not include all men,just like the proclamation WE HOLD THESE TRUTH TO BE SELF EVIDENT THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL...certainly did not apply to the slaves those men who wrote that beautiful document owned, it was later applied to the descendants of those slaves but not at the time.

Not sure I follow you. The idea of "all men are created equal" is actually the biggest farce of them all. It is usually happened upon haphazardly.

The Dane's actually had a system set up that integrated the rights across the board including those they conquered. This is not actually unheard of (ie persians) but it is kind of a new thing as far as the west was concerned.

Funny things happen when you go about dragging names through the dirt. Do you have any more examples of how your "vikings" were intolerant savages? extra DIV

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I love how not giving everyone what they want in your religion is automatically hatred.

I don't hate gays either, but when God says marriage is between a man and woman and Jesus comes along and doubles down on that teaching ... in the middle of the Roman Empire no less! It seems pretty clear to me what God intends where marriage is concerned.

It also seems pretty clear to me that God intends sex to take place within the bounds of marriage, maybe because sex is something that is used as a wedge to open the door to all kinds of problems in your life. I mean, the reasoning goes, how can something that feels so good be bad, especially when you find it everywhere in nature. There is a fallacy there. Not everything we find in nature is good to do or morally good for humans who are supposed to be on a higher plane of reasoning than animals who only operate on their instinct.

If we take the nature fallacy to its extreme, we should allow cannibalism, too. After all, its a pretty natural instinct.

And no, sex in and of itself isn't necessarily bad, but all the things that come of it can really screw up your life and the lives of those around you. Think about it.
except for the fact that none of your kind has yet to prove the existance of God and since you havent accomplished that and since the vast majority of Denmark, including myself, although brought up in the protestant "faith", we really dont care that much for him and quite ironically the teachings of the bible might have suited the times back 2000 years ago but they are hopelessly outdated....

So, since we dont believe in God as a real entity, why should we follow "his" rules?

We have our confirmation at age 13 because its associated with a huge party with lots of presents. Hence we knowingly lie throug our teeth when we stand at the alter because the reward is too great.
And since we just play along..... There will be no "hell" for us, no punishment.
That part is entirely in ones own mind.

Oh, and the government im Denmark as such didnt force gay marriage on the churches. If anything the people demanded it and hence it was given to us.

Im pretty damn proud that I live in a country where the insane foolery of religion doesnt get the best of humam nature and law.

Am I intolerant? Yes, I openly admit that I and many I know deeply disrespect the version of any religion that tells you how to live your live and what you can and cannot do or tells you to tell others what they can and cannot do. Theres no place in the world for faith like that.... We are all one without exception.
edit on 8-11-2014 by IWasHereEonsAgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IWasHereEonsAgo

You remind me of the norman christian converts that kept going back for baptisms to get clean white robes

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Do you have any more examples of how your "vikings" were intolerant savages? extra DIV savages?

No just the article from NTL GEO. the Intolerant part came from said article about those Viking like people
and I never called them savages as that is a value judgment .
edit on 8-11-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Sigh.... NatGeo is a revisionist. The problem with history is that it's all revisionist. The truth of the matter is the pendulum of the vikings has been swinging for hundreds of years. To put it plainly, it has gone from ruthless killer evil psycho paths, to hippy dippy pagans, to ruthless raiders, to shrewd bargainers, to stoic preservers of white history, to delusional white trash, to etc etc

Thank god we are actually at a point of equilibrium today. The dark ages were very dark.

I can forgive almost anything. A lot of people think muslims are going around thinking the whole world needs to think allah. I won't accept any comparison between my supposed ancestors and a hill-billy conception of Islam.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Logarock

"Gays are about a thinned skinned as they come. Tender little hostile narcissist many times. Arrogant and snooty brats. " - Logarock

Isn't this against the rules? If this post would've said "Blacks" or "Jews" instead of "Gays" would this post still be allowed on the forums?

Rules? What are you trying to say here? Only white people are gay?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: AgentShillington

I am simply saying that gays don't get a pass. Why should they? They are simply one element of a complete list of behavior that is said to be contrary to good human behavior. I don't know that anyone else mentioned demonstrate nearly the venom that gays do toward christians.

Besides who is actually stopping anyone these days from doing anything they feel like doing? If they are so comfortable then just blow off the criticism.

That's not what you were indicating before. I'm glad you cleared up your point. However, I still don't get what you mean by, "Gays don't get a pass." A pass to what? Heaven? Please.

No a pass, like they are more special, demand to be sanctioned by the church ect to include the silence of the clergy and name calling on anyone that opposes. Gays that want to be christians go to church and watch a person read out of a book that condemns their behavior......its ok just don't read those parts. And that doesn't make any sense, seeking cultural affirmation from a belief system that really doesn't affirm and demand that system censure itself to answer outside cultural consideration.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
There's nutters in all religions smh

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Gays had no part in Viking society apart form being killed.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Viking9019

Gays had no part in Viking society apart form being killed.

There was no such thing as a 'gay' person in the Viking age.

Homosexuality(as a lifestyle) is a relatively modern concept.

Back in ye olden times people just got on with their lives and tried to survive, if one of them fancied a bit of 'frig' with someone of the same sex nobody gave a sh*t. Being a committed and out and out 'gay' person just wasn't applicable to early agrarian societies, where mutual effort was required for the survival and continuance of the community.

edit on 8-11-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: EaglesFan
The Christian faith Prohibits Homosexuality, how the hell do you know a Gay Christian?

The supposedly "anti-gay" stuff is located in a cryptic verse in the OT. Christians follow the NT and Jesus' words of peace and love. Some of those who followed the OT even accused Jesus of being an heretic when Jesus started preaching tolerance. So one can indeed have faith in Christ's words AND be gay.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ripcontrol
I need one of dem people here dat are da scholary type ( to verify more of the viking history and post links to the sea people rumors.. for those not in the know.. the sea peoples are an unknown group who nearly exterminated civilization around 12000 bc and rumors say it was the vikings)

The danes inherited a lot of their systems from the Vikings (again I prefer to let the more professional sounding scholars to explain this)

How on earth did you get stars for this? It is soooo wrong.

First off the Sea People were not vikings not only because vikings didnt exist until TWO THOUSAND years later, but the sea peoples were GREEKS, they attacked Egypt from the Greek Isles.

Second that is 12 HUNDRED not 12 THOUSAND BC. Huuuge difference.

Third the sea peoples did not nearly exterminate civilisation, they sacked some huge cities but it was not anything apocalyptic.

Fourth: The Danes did not "inherit" things from the vikings they WERE vikings, the northern Danes were Norse. At least half of the contingency invading England were Danes.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Rules? What are you trying to say here? Only white people are gay?

No I'm trying to say that if you would have said...

"Blacks (or Jews) are about as thinned skinned as they come. Tender little hostile narcissist many times. Arrogant and snooty brats."

That comment probably would have been deleted and seen as hatred towards minorities, but I guess it's not ok to talk about minorities in such a negative way unless they happen to be Gay.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
All men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. He loves all people regardless. He has said not to do certain activities, and same sex is among them. He says go and sin no more. All will be judged for their thoughts and behavior. Those who have not been pardoned by Yeshua will receive eternal separation from God. That will not ne pleasant. Many so called Christians will be surprised.

Yes, they will be, and not in the way you think. But they will discover God isn't the Smiter, the opposite is, but that they were never to judge others, gays, straights, but Love and encourage and bring out happiness, equality and integrity, not fundamentalism, and all the sins of control. They'll be in for a big shock indeed that they were called to preserve their witnesses, Love and Wisdom and not buy into dark ideas.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It is the same as "Tithing" in modern society.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: Spider879

Ten thousand 250 pound hairy painted soldiers, each carrying swords that could weigh 30 pounds screaming "Til Valhall!!!!" to the sound of shaking spears and hammering on their shields: Beats "Allah Akbar" even on a Sunday. I wouldn't call the ones fleeing cowards. I would call them sensible.

And btw. Hell is from Helios, Greek name of the Sun, but it is also a cognate of Hel as in the Norse goddess Hel and her freezing after-death kingdom Helheim, where she sits and plans Ragnarok together with Balder and Odin and all the others who didn't die by sword, but from age, poisoning or disease and similar. There is a hotline running from Helheim to Gimli run by the squirrel skald Ratatosk (in Yggdrasil Hel is Nidhogg, the serpent biting Yggdrasil's roots) who exchange secret messages hidden in bad jokes and curses between them.

Actually real swords, even the big ones weigh less than five pounds. It's a common misconception that they are heavy. most hand and a half swords weigh/weighed less than 2 pounds.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Viking slaves could buy their freedom. This is well known. A lot of people in this thread really need to do some studying.
edit on 11/8/2014 by optimus primal because: no idea where that "extra div" stuff is coming from...i don't see it in the formatting of my post.
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join