It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Is Why Vikings Are Going Straight to Hell !... If There Is One.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Georgia pastor has his mind blown by European atheists: ‘If there’s no god, why should I believe?’

innish television network recently filmed a Southern Baptist pastor as he visited secular Nordic countries and struggled to come to grips with widespread LGBT rights and atheism.

In an episode of Yle’s The Norden, Summit Church of West Georgia Lead Pastor Marty McLain tells the network that he is a creationist who believes in the story of the Garden of Eden, and that there is a “literal Hell.”

“The Bible does refer to — in the book of Revelations — the lake of fire,” he explains.

In a trailer for the episode, McLain interviews people on the street in an attempt to find someone in the Nordic countries he visits who believes in God.

“If there’s no god, why should I believe in him?” one man asks the pastor.

McLain eventually speaks to Lars Danner Madsen, a reverend at Solbjerg Church in Copenhagen, who tells him that Danes are not religious “all day, all the time.”

The Southern Baptist pastor points out that the Danish government had forced churches to treat LGBT people equally when it came to marriage rights.

“The parliament, the government says you must perform same-sex marriages in the church,” McClain notes. “Wow!”

www.rawstory.com...

Note these people rate highest in the happiness index in the world, these descendants of intolerant blood soaked warriors are now the epitome of tolerance ...who saw that coming 1000 yrs back the monastery at Lindisfarne would still be appalled by these new Vikings should they showed-up on their beaches armed with their live and let live attitude,matter of fact the only downer in these countries are fundies of Islamic faith who are determine to be a pain in the azz, look at how religious we are comparison and how miserable we still seemed to be.

Ps Mods I am not exactly sure where to put this thread if it belonged in the social Issues folder please do your thang!

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yes, I can see how someone who preaches hate and intolerance can have his mind blown when he sees a society that doesn't thrive on hate and intolerance in action.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Was this pastor living under a rock??

I have a Christian friend who is also gay; and I am friend with a preacher who is also in mathematics, and preaches that no one is truly "hated" by God, since He did create all souls.

Seems to me like a pastor never even read about Reconciliation.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Sadly he doesn't seem to have learned anything from this trip. His ideals and believes are so closed up that anything that does not fit into his vision is considered to be sinful and wrong. He misses the point completely, maybe on purpose, because it would render his past life completely useless. All the work and effort he put it in to be a messenger of god, and yet the realization that he is been anything but..

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

Even their religious folks what little they have bares little resemblance to what we have.
edit on 7-11-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

But for him and folks it's all about BRIM STONE AND FIRE! the worst parts of the old testament..abject fear-mongering imo.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

But for him and folks it's all about BRIM STONE AND FIRE! the worst parts of the old testament..abject fear-mongering imo.

The original meaning of the OT has been lost when the Romans translated it and then the English translated the roman version so that it sounded like a bloody Shakespearian play.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I love how not giving everyone what they want in your religion is automatically hatred.

I don't hate gays either, but when God says marriage is between a man and woman and Jesus comes along and doubles down on that teaching ... in the middle of the Roman Empire no less! It seems pretty clear to me what God intends where marriage is concerned.

It also seems pretty clear to me that God intends sex to take place within the bounds of marriage, maybe because sex is something that is used as a wedge to open the door to all kinds of problems in your life. I mean, the reasoning goes, how can something that feels so good be bad, especially when you find it everywhere in nature. There is a fallacy there. Not everything we find in nature is good to do or morally good for humans who are supposed to be on a higher plane of reasoning than animals who only operate on their instinct.

If we take the nature fallacy to its extreme, we should allow cannibalism, too. After all, its a pretty natural instinct.

And no, sex in and of itself isn't necessarily bad, but all the things that come of it can really screw up your life and the lives of those around you. Think about it.
edit on 7-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Big story here is state ruled church. Official state church really. You do as WE tell ya. Church as organ of state and society. Thus an official clergy really. Makes me want to puke up.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
All men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. He loves all people regardless. He has said not to do certain activities, and same sex is among them. He says go and sin no more. All will be judged for their thoughts and behavior. Those who have not been pardoned by Yeshua will receive eternal separation from God. That will not ne pleasant. Many so called Christians will be surprised.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I know people might not accept this, but some Americans never leave the county they were born in and know almost nothing about the rest of the country let alone the outside world. They get all of their information from whatever talking heads they subscribe to and generally stick with friends that simply parrot and reinforce their own belief systems, which they largely inherited from their families.

Not all Americans are like this, but enough, and lots of these people are pastors, business owners, teachers and even government representatives, so you have this large incumbent traditionalist mass of people who are almost immovable.

I know people from right here in the county I presently live in who have never been to Pittsburgh which is only an hour west of here and are blown away by the fact of how traveled I am and I've never even been off of this continent. Personally, I think I am insulated having only been to three countries in my lifetime, but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Here Is Why Vikings Are Going Straight to Hell !

I thought you meant the football team, which would only be justified since most of their fans already feel they are there.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
He forgot to add "Val" in front of it

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well Frau Holle is of Nordic origin...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The pastor in the video sez:
“The Bible does refer to — in the book of Revelations — the lake of fire,” he explains.

He needed to explain some more, for in the Revelation, Death and Hell (a mis-translation, it should read "Death and the Grave") are to be cast into the Lake of Fire. You can't cast something into itself, can you? No, the LoF is not Hell, and only the dearth of evidence for a fiery Hell impels Helliolaters to twist Scripture.

Hell is based on:
pagan myth
pagan philosophy
bad theology
bad translation
fiction (Dante/Milton/Baxter)
the need for control

Heaven, yes
Hell, no

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Was this pastor living under a rock??

He's on a mission from God

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

@4:50 "As a Christian I obviously don't believe all religion is equal"

In response to what does that say about Sweden that there are not many believers, he responds:

@4:59 "To each his own, anything goes, there is no one solid fundamental base, it's just whatever you'd like"

Freedom is letting other people live their lives. It's nice to not have someone force their religion on you.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well the first issue is simple

1)The Vikings were not barbarians

The whole mindset here is off

I need one of dem people here dat are da scholary type ( to verify more of the viking history and post links to the sea people rumors.. for those not in the know.. the sea peoples are an unknown group who nearly exterminated civilization around 12000 bc and rumors say it was the vikings)

The danes inherited a lot of their systems from the Vikings (again I prefer to let the more professional sounding scholars to explain this)

I hate how I sound when I say this ( I REALLY hate PC sounding crap. However the truth is the mistress who comes to your bed and you just better be in dang mood)

The Vikings were just another group of peoples who were influenced by there environmental influences.
-trading from before the roman empire
-raiders
-metal making was more advanced then others

Barbarians is a term used to describe a state one culture is in compared to another culture

Second issue

I have always laughed at christians and upset a lot of them with this

God, if SHE has a problem with LGBT's, is a big enough of a girl she can handle them herselves
She doesnt need my help or your help

Southern baptist are among the worst
Keep in mind their are a few exceptions (as I can count them on my right hand)

This preacher hopefully takes it as a sign and learns from it
God works in her own way and he is in fact committing a very Big sin

Judge not least ye be judge

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Anyone ever take a look at Viking art? Its safe to say that they had a fair representation of the gay factor back then even. Nothing new here. It could even be argued that they had a homosexual warrior cult thing going on to some degree. You know sailors and what not.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I don't know where people get off calling the Vikings of old "intolerant." They certainly were merciless raiders but when it came time to settle or trade they were anything but "intolerant."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join