It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Says Russia has invaded the Ukraine (10th time)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

How did the US instigate a popular uprising in Syria? How did it interfere?

The same as it did in Libya, Ukraine, Egypt, other Arab spring countries, etc...gzjee, so many examples and you still need to be explained how those things happens ?...you`re not that dumb.

edit on 11 11 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Explain how it was America that somehow inspired the Arab Spring protests, Libya, etc.

Do provide sources. Please remember "Dem US Gubment black ops people dids it" is NOT a valid source.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The same as it did in Libya, Ukraine, Egypt, other Arab spring countries, etc...gzjee, so many examples and you still need to be explained how those things happens ?...you`re not that dumb.

The problem is no-one has ever provided evidence that the United States "interfered" in any of those places, unless your bar is so low that you accept alleged wiretaps of rumor swapping to be evidence. Propagandists rely on repetition substituting for proof.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Iraq and Afghanistan are good examples of what happens when the United States interferes. They look nothing like Syria and Lebanon.

I think you forgot to add Libya if we are talking about recent history and about ten other names if not but when you say "good examples" then what do you mean ?

May I ask if you watched the video ? I don't think Xcathdra has the mental constitution to watch it end to end but I am not sure about you.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Explain how it was America that somehow inspired the Arab Spring protests, Libya, etc.

Do provide sources. Please remember "Dem US Gubment black ops people dids it" is NOT a valid source.

U.S. Groups Helped Nurture Arab Uprisings

Source

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Source

Just so we're clear, you are opposed to democracy, right?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You think I wouldn't read that source? Or maybe you didn't read it in it's entirety.

No one doubts that the Arab uprisings are home grown, rather than resulting from “foreign influence,” as alleged by some Middle Eastern leaders.

“We didn’t fund them to start protests, but we did help support their development of skills and networking,” said Stephen McInerney, executive director of the Project on Middle East Democracy, a Washington-based advocacy and research group. “That training did play a role in what ultimately happened, but it was their revolution. We didn’t start it.”

Oh and there's also this from the same article:

The cables, in particular, show how leaders in the Middle East and North Africa viewed these groups with deep suspicion, and tried to weaken them. Today the work of these groups is among the reasons that governments in turmoil claim that Western meddling was behind the uprisings, with some officials noting that leaders like Ms. Qadhi were trained and financed by the United States.

So it seems you share the sentiments of many leaders in the Middle East and Africa, in that you SUSPECT there is a concerted effort to meddle and weaken these powers, but can't effectively prove anything because it's just an advocacy group helping people learn how to organize and document.

You'll have to do better than that, I'm afraid.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What the sort the USA wants to export ? You better believe it.

We have seen how the bankers from Washington bribe all the politicians and how the police execute people in the streets and don't want any of it.

Killing 'n-word's in Ferguson seems to be a national sport but I guess all the red Indians are dead so they will have to do if they won't work like slaves in McDonald just so they can meet the medical bills because we are a god loving democracy.

Honey what more could you want when we have GMO's growing in the fields, Fracking chemicals in the water and yes darling we can still afford the $5000 medical bill to get your ingrown toe nail fixed.

You was trying to insult me yesterday and said something about where you come from had "freedom of speech" and yes you are right where I live we don't but at least I know it.

So tell me why does everyone always think that the USA is behind all these little wars if as you say they are not in for example Libya ? Do you think its the Muslims or just anyone in Europe or is it the jews

No don't tell me its them Russians giving the USA a bad name right !

The guns ISIS are using must be Russian made replicas of M16's because America is such a peaceful nation.

Democracy ! you would not know the meaning of the word

edit on 11-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

I lived in the U.S. for the entirety of my childhood and most of my young adult life, and never heard of a cop "executing someone in the streets". And were that to occur, the offending officer would be in jail for the rest of his life, or executed himself if he lived in the wrong state. So, yeah.

And regarding free speech, I can very openly say "I think president Obama is a poopy head". Even to his face, and nothing will be done about it, because I'm FREE to say that.

Yes there is corruption in the U.S. Government. I'd venture to say every form of government has it's own forms of corruption. The U.S.'s flavor happens to be in the form of political "buyouts" to fund campaigns with the promise of pushing a certain company's agenda.

I also love how almost every post you tend to bring up ISIS. You seem to have quite the love for this group. Interesting.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun
Well yes, if you say the law is so good when throwing a shoe at GW-Bush gets you 4 years in Jail but having an accident and shooting and killing a man with his hands behind his back in handcuffs gets you a pay rise.

Like me you can read the headlines here on ATS and they don't tie up with the picture you are trying to paint.

Swat teams in your face for selling raw milk never mind a bit of weed and guns being pulled on old ladies for having a broken taillight on the car just in case she has AK-47 in here handbag belongs to a horror movie but if you are saying none of this happens in the USA then Aliens must be feeding the signal to my TV

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

One, Mr. Shoe-throw was an Iraqi Journalist at a Baghdad news conference. Therefore, Baghdad laws apply, not US. Is it illegal to throw a shoe at a visiting official over there? I'm not sure. Yes, if the shoe throw incident happens on U.S. soil the person would have been arrested for assault. But that doesn't apply just to presidents, if I threw a shoe at my neighbor he could legally have me charged for assault.

I'm not denying there's police overreach as you post above, and mistakes do happen. Bad people get badges, it happens.

If you want point fingers at police states, just do a casual youtube search for "Russian Police Brutality". Hours of watching await you.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If you want point fingers at police states, just do a casual youtube search for "Russian Police Brutality". Hours of watching await you.

But I don't go in search of cases of the police in the USA acting like Hitler's SS-Guards and examples just pop up all the time which does not happen that often for Europe or Russia even if we do get some now and then.

You do know that the USA has more people in jail per head of population than anywhere else in the world which kinda shows that something is well wrong with the system (Not the democracy, they don't really have one)

The constitution is in shreds but don't shout it too loud in the street else you will get arrested for, err, well, obstructing the pavement and not obeying a police officer.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So you ONLY look at police brutality videos of the U.S. police and ignore all others because...? Why? Getting more than one perspective on any situation is critical to formulating an informed, cogent response. As someone who has openly admitted they're not a US citizen, all of your observations on U.S. police states and the constitution are pure conjecture. You don't live there, you don't know beyond what you see or hear on the internet or news stations.

Is our prison system broken? Probably. The whole "war on drugs" thing put a lot of otherwise innocuous people behind bars. It sucks, and we're trying change it, but change doesn't happen overnight. What part of our constitution is "in shreds" as you say? Please provide examples.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Source

Only US/EU style, not against real democracy.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The New York Times is Western propaganda also, and by so you can discard the trying to marginalize the wikileaks cables. It still gives insights and how the US works in toppling governments.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If you believe NYT is propaganda, why post it as a source for your point in the first place? It seems as though as soon as I pick apart your source, it's labelled and propaganda as therefore meaningless.

Again, provide solid proof of the U.S. involvement in toppling governments. Not pure conjecture, and not a source that once picked apart you dismiss as US propaganda.
edit on 11-11-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: speling ant gremmar,

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It seems as though as soon as I pick apart your source, it's labelled and propaganda as therefore meaningless.

That has nothing to do with it, but it has to do with this :

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Really? Alex "BUY MY FILTERS" Jones?
I thought you were an intellectual.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

But it's got iodine crystals. It's got what brains crave

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

No I`m not, just someone who is good in spotting what is BS and what is not. So it doesn`t matter if it`s NYT, BBC, AJ, RT, etc., if certain information is good I don`t care where it comes from.

My easiest class was always history, I knew exactly what was going to be asked so I knew what to remember instead of having to learn big pieces text. Same goes with reading news and smelling BS, it`s easy to spot for me. So I can except certain information which come from lets say AJ or NYT, but not all of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join