It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire’s Liberty Candidates Flourish As Establishment Picks Fizzle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

The record-breaking total of 20 Free State Project early movers’ winning state house seats further proves the viability of the Project,” FSP founder Jason Sorens, told Benswann.com. “When all libertarian-leaning representatives are counted, the liberty bloc in the New Hampshire State House will amount to about 20% of the entire body. What will state politics look like when thousands more libertarians move here? We’ll find out soon enough!

New Hampshire’s Liberty Candidates Flourish As Establishment Picks Fizzle

A lot of people think that libertarianism is on the rise. Well, the best statistics I see show that at most, there are 1% more libertarians per year, and up to 14% of the population total today in 2014. So yes its probably on the rise but progress is a glacial pace at best. If you are a libertarian and you want someone in office to represent you sometime before you die instead of disagreeing with you on every single issue, your only realistic option is to move to New Hampshire. Maybe people who are just growing up now will have a libertarian take office in their state outside of NH but I wouldn't count on it.

But, libertarianism is definitely strong in New Hampshire at least if nowhere else. Grafton, NH has the highest per-capita libertarians, Manchester NH has the highest population of libertarians but also the highest population of people in general being a city of 300,000 or so, and Keene NH has the highest concentration of libertarian media and activists that aim for publicity of all sorts.

There is actually a politician in office that actually represents me. My God... I've never thought such a thing possible! Well, not after seeing the way the world really works as an adult any way. Sad I had to move away to find that, but I grew up thinking this was the land of the free so I had to do something to get a feeling that maybe I actually will get what I was promised growing up which is basic rights and freedoms.

new topics

join