It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I didn't vote!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Neither did I. Only 36.6 percent nation wide did vote, actually. Just another sign of disgust in my opinion.
edit on 7-11-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

If the democrats would have won, I can't say it would have made me happy because the lesser of the two evils would have won. I'm finish settling, I will not vote again until a candidate emerges that I can support. I will not vote again to support a party.

Voting is ALWAYS a choice between candidates that fail to fully represent you.

If EVER, by some happenstance, you find yourself giddy over voting for some politician...Independent, Green, Dem or REP..whatever...then you have been swindled, bamboozled, drank way too much Kool-Aid or are in the midst of some micro-stroke or some other neurological or psychological crisis.

At the end of the day it is always a choice between two candidates that fail to meet our "Ideals".

By choosing not to make that choice (not even a write-in), you actually endorse the current choices and leave the power to the establishment.

Silence is never a statement. It is the void in which bad people do bad things.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Wrong! The constitution guarantees his right to complain and/or file grievance, whether or not he voted. This is a meme that needs to be stopped. This is the sheep policing each other for their masters. Sorry. No offense intended. It's the meme I hate.

It is the sheep protesting it's fate by refusing to bleat at slaughter. Ahhh...how much more pleasant the rendering of meat when the sheep ceases to complain.

Silent absence at the voting booth is the best of all outcomes for those that benefit from the two party system.
No more promises to make to that inconvenient middle or fringe. No more burden of answering inconvenient questions at that public forum...that discontent asking about campaign finance reform? Who cares...he doesn't vote anyways! My party loyalists will carry the day for me!

The phrase is "The voters have spoken!"...Pollsters don't poll people who are silent, don't vote..News networks don't talk about what joe blow who doesn't vote cares about...Politicans don't care at all about what the NON-voting electorate thinks..they don't have to appeal to folks that aren't voting...They don't have to answer their questions..it doesn't matter...they just pleasantly rejoice in the fact that those that don't like them don't vote!

On the other hand...when a Senator squeeks by with 51% of the vote...or loses by 70% of the vote...everyone asks WHY...Pollsters ASK WHY...and they ask VOTERS leaving the voting booth...They ask voters in phone polls and on the street..but they ask VOTERS..cuz they are all that matter to any outcome.

The answer to that WHY question is what makes Politicians reconsider positions and issues in the next election, how they vote in congress if they want to keep their job etc. etc.

Don't like the choices? Write in a candidate...enough people do that and some pollster will ask WHY..Silent people? Non-voters?...Who cares what their issues are?..Not the media..not the pollsters...not the politicans..no one...why should they?
edit on 7-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
First. You might want to read my previous post...

Personally, I applaud your inaction, because it's time Americans refuse to participate in a system that hates them, and treats them like dumb sheep, and the aforementioned zombies. As I've said before, vote with your pocketbook, and your actions apart from the rigged game we call politics. You can't win that game folks. The cards are stacked against you.

Second. As much as I hate to drag this overused meme out, it's still correct.

They can talk to the voters all they want, and all they'll get is people from both sides spouting what they heard from FOX or CNN, or some other mainstream outlet. It's a controlled debate meant to perpetuate illusion and division. Even when the people have a third choice, they're usually shills who have no real value as a candidate, or the third party candidate is speaking to ignorant voters who have no comprehension of what the candidate is even saying. Ron Paul was a good example of such.
Ever since I have been old enough to understand politics, and read the constitution and bill of rights, all I see is the American people give new meaning to what Franklin called insanity...

No matter who is "elected", the only thing that changes is, our country goes further downhill. There is only one party. Demopublicanteaterians. At least in an upfront tyrannical dictatorship, you know what you're getting without the illusion of choice shoved in your face...

When the American people have finally had enough, there will be no more voting at the designated locations. The voting will be done by withholding campaign monies, driving big corporations out of business by not purchasing their products, and millions of letters in the politicians mailboxes, chewing their asses, and demanding their representatives start representing and serving the people who put them there.

A truly pissed off public scares these creatures. Because they fear a full on rebellion. Right now, they figure they're pretty safe, but when less and less people vote, and more and more start voting in other ways. That's when things will change.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You shouldn't be forced to take part in democracy, kind of defeats the point of having democracy in the first place

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Really tired of being told to write in a candidate. In this state and probably others, I cannot.

As for voting, I did it for thirty years. Never once did anyone I voted for get anywhere near the office so please tell me why I should waste my time voting for people who will never get into office? The game is rigged, has been for quite some time and the R and D options that are the only ones who are allowed into office are both a joke and represent me not in the least.

You guys can go ahead thinking that voting does anything. All you are doing is exchanging one corporate backed liar for another corporate backed liar, neither of which gives a hoot about anything other than getting reelected and passing more unneeded laws.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Maybe but I don't have to listen to it. Or anyone e who supports him. a reply to: Klassified

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

We also don't have to listen to you, or anyone who supports your position. It goes both ways.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There should always be an option for none of the above.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Until we've flooded the system with alternative parties, and enough to actually pull votes completely away from the two-party system, then I refuse to play their number game as well.

Those that think that you can just vote third party everytime and make your voice heard, really dont understand the numbers game they're playing. They rely on a certain percentage to go third party. It pulls a certain bloc of voters in a controlled direction.

Research First Past the Post voting to get a general idea of the numbers game im talking about.

No, the only way to participate in their game and have the advantage would be to flood the system with so many variables as to cause controlled chaos i.e. so many political parties that they CANT control the opposition and in turn we stand a better chance of diluting the system down.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I did vote.
Since the OP didn't he has forfeited his right to complain about the government put into place by others.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Its saddens me that so many people are still so naive as to think that they actually change things with their vote...

the deck is stacked, people.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: LDragonFire

Well then, you should stay out of the political forums. If you can't be bothered with voting for our future, I don't care to listen to your political rants/opinions.

Either be part of our system or STFU. Just my two round shiney copper peices...

You can be a major part of the system and never cast a ballot. Hell, alot of activists are felons and cant vote. But that doesn't mean you cant have an opinion or get out and educate those that wish to vote.

Im kind of getting sick of hearing that age old non-sense. Like your going to guilt me into participating in a fixed game.

edit on 7-11-2014 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Well then, you should stay out of the political forums. If you can't be bothered with voting for our future, I don't care to listen to your political rants/opinions.

Either be part of our system or STFU. Just my two round shiney copper peices...
SO, let me get this straight...

one either chooses to participate in a broken and corrupt system;

or

one doesnt deserve a voice.

Thank GOD you werent one of the founding fathers....

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
No vote equals non-consent.

It does NOT equal no voice.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I just voted on the various state Propositions.

But that's it.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bg_socalif

That's the ONLY time your vote MIGHT make a difference. Voting on candidates? Pfffft, you're pissing into the wind
edit on 8-11-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If no one is running that represents your values then run.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Sounds like you just want things to get magically better without understand that for another person to win.. people (including you) have to VOTE FOR THEM!

I never vote Dem or GOP and I vote for everything, even if I have to write people in.

Voted for the Legalize Marijuana Now candidate for Attorney General and Governor of Minnesota. They didn't win, but I feel good about being part of a growing number of people that are completely outside of the Two Party system that are waiting for more people to jump on board.

And you are right, the lesser of two evils is still evil.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I didn't vote there was one issue on the ballot that I supported (minimum wage increase) But I wasn't about to vote for the two idiots running for the senate or governorship! I wasn't gonna vote for a tea party funded republican because I know who buys them and I know they will represent there interests.

So, instead of voting for an issue you are in favor of and not voting on candidates for office, you did nothing. How does that help the cause you support?

I left several ballot choices blank but I did vote. An issue that I was not familiar enough with. A couple of representative seats that I could not bring myself to support either candidate.
edit on 11/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join