It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I didn't vote!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I didn't vote there was one issue on the ballot that I supported (minimum wage increase) But I wasn't about to vote for the two idiots running for the senate or governorship! I wasn't gonna vote for a tea party funded republican because I know who buys them and I know they will represent there interests.

I wasn't gonna vote for a democrat that portrayed themselves as a conservative republican instead of running on the success of the economy and minimum wage increase and the freedom for women to choose. I'm not gonna vote for a Dem that caters to the right and I'm not gonna vote for a Rep that caters to industry backed private interests relying on outside money to win.

Democrats messed up, there ballot initiatives won but there candidates lost, they didn't campaign for there base they campaigned for republicans and they lost badly.

If there were independent candidates and not just different forms of right wing alternatives I would have voted for them. My choices were republican, democrat, and libertarians. Not one of these groups were campaigning on items that interest me. Not one of these groups shared my interests. Not one of the thousands of commercials I had to suffer through defined who they were and what there goals were, just one attack ad after another.

I have noticed during the past republican primaries all candidates are catering to the far right and this is what this election cycle felt like, Im so tired of the country catering to this minority of zealots. It just felt like the dems were attempting to win over republicans when they should have focused on there own base.

If the democrats would have won, I can't say it would have made me happy because the lesser of the two evils would have won. I'm finish settling, I will not vote again until a candidate emerges that I can support. I will not vote again to support a party.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Hopefully more people come to that conclusion.

Until lobbyists and political parties are done away with, no one's vote is going to make a lick of difference.

It's going to be a cold day in hell before I vote for any of these scumbags currently in politics .

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I never vote and I don't complain. It's always sounded like a sham and hardly anyone understands why I won't vote. I don't agree with any of the politics I've been subjected to and hope to die without being forced to vote for scum and corruption. Maybe if there was a clean slate in the future and money didn't sway politics, I'd vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Amen to that!

Voting for the lesser of 2 evils makes as much sense to me as taking a piss in the wind

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Thanks to all of you that chose not to participate.
You helped to make this landslide possible.
You helped every one that won.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I tend to think if I get cought up in all of it I would end up being a miserable prick and my mind may just explode with anger. And what if I voted for who you hate? Then I would be gaining an enemy in you. I'm not trying to make enemies. I don't get cought up in religion either for almost the same reasons. If religion had to be voted on I wouldn't do that either.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I always vote. I will never, ever vote for either a Rep or Dem. I don't care who is the 3rd or alternative candidate but I vote for them instead. What I am doing is voting against the two-party system. When they compile the voting statistics they see what percentage of total ballots go to Rep or Dem for the various offices. If enough people voted the way I do the Rep/Dem mafia would see the shot across their bow. Not voting accomplishes nothing.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
No offense but since when has the defeatest attitude ever effected change?

Kicking back and complaining bout the system while doing nothing to change it does nothing.......

I can understand how some people feel about voting for a crap sandwhich or a turd burger........but whether you believe it makes a difference or not.......you should still vote for an idea that you believe in, I always vote 3rd party.........

It might not make a HUGE difference, but im still making my own voice heard, even if it is in a hurricane of bs.....

You dont change things by sitting and grumbling about it.......

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well then, you should stay out of the political forums. If you can't be bothered with voting for our future, I don't care to listen to your political rants/opinions.

Either be part of our system or STFU. Just my two round shiney copper peices...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
Thanks to all of you that chose not to participate.
You helped to make this landslide possible.
You helped every one that won.

You act like a democrat win or a republican win is a win for the people? It isn't, party politics are the only things that matter to our government.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Either be part of our system or STFU. Just my two round shiney copper peices...

I guess you like and approve of our system? Do you think voting has changed our system?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
All you're going to get is a thread full of the same old media talking points and memes from the zombies.
"Don't vote? Don't complain then."
"You helped whichever side that won, win."
"You're a defeatist."
"You're anti-merican! Move somewhere else then."
And so on, ad infinitum.

Personally, I applaud your inaction, because it's time Americans refuse to participate in a system that hates them, and treats them like dumb sheep, and the aforementioned zombies. As I've said before, vote with your pocketbook, and your actions apart from the rigged game we call politics. You can't win that game folks. The cards are stacked against you.

edit on 11/7/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/2014 by Klassified because: formatting

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I did vote.
Since the OP didn't he has forfeited his right to complain about the government put into place by others.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

guess you like and approve of our system? Do you think voting has changed our system?

So why not vote third or independent?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

That's the spirit !!

Sit back and never have a shortage of things to complain and whine about.

Looks like a few million others took that selfish attitude this year too.

Sometimes victims boil their own water.

edit on Nov-07-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

good for you

I live in the UK were there are (sorta) other options and I decided after the last General election that no matter what I would never vote for the 3 legacy parties again.

there are alternative parties in the US, why don't you do what you can to raise support for the alternatives such as the libertarian party and the green party. I know they aren't taken seriously atm but with enough support that could change.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I did vote.
Since the OP didn't he has forfeited his right to complain about the government put into place by others.

Wrong! The constitution guarantees his right to complain and/or file grievance, whether or not he voted. This is a meme that needs to be stopped. This is the sheep policing each other for their masters. Sorry. No offense intended. It's the meme I hate.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You're well within your rights not to vote, obviously, and I think its a legitimate form of protest. But, on the other hand, no one said you had to actually cast a vote in those particular races (unless you live in Florida, where they like to interpret non-votes). You could have skipped them and voted for the ballot measure you supported.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
In Canada for provincial elections we have the option of 'Declining the Vote'. This is our way of saying I don't like my choices and you don't conform to my beliefs and I want you to know this. This is only an option in provincial elections which would probably be your state level and is available in three provinces, Ontario, Alberta and Manitoba. The last provincial election saw the highest number of declined ballots

More than 31,000 Ontarians declined their ballot in the June 12 election, the highest number to do so since 1975 and a dramatic increase over levels in the last election.

Formally declining to vote is different from spoiling a ballot (or not showing up at all): the voter must publicly declare his or her refusal to vote at the polling station itself. Provincially, the right is available in Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta. Voters who formally decline their ballots do so for a variety of reasons, such as a conviction that none of the candidates on the ballot represents their beliefs, coupled with a desire to ensure elected officials know this.

Link

I seriously thought about exercising this but choose to vote, my vote meant nothing however and unless someone really impressive steps up the next time, I will probably decline.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yeah, you could have skipped the vote options you didn't like or written in a candidate you thought might be more qualified, or not. Then you could have voted on the minimum wage law as well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join