It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two dead after cannibal attack at Argoed hostel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

A woman has been murdered in an act of cannibalism and the suspect has died after Gwent Police fired a Taser at him.

Officers went to the former Sirhowy Arms Hotel in Argoed, Blackwood, at 01:23 GMT where it was reported Matthew Williams was attacking the woman.

The 22-year-old's death is being treated as murder, the force said.

It confirmed officers fired a Taser at Williams, 34, who was then arrested but later died.

The matter has been referred to the police watchdog, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC), which confirmed it is investigating.

Two dead after cannibal attack at Argoed hostel

Very bizarre news from South Wales, UK. Apparently, a man has attacked and partly eaten a woman in a homeless hostel in Argoed, Gwent. The man was later tazered by Police but died shortly afterwards. He was said to be in a relationship with the woman, a 22 year old who has yet to be identified.

Other reports suggest the man had chewed the woman's face and eaten her eyeball:

The Mirror

The Independent

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
WTF...

Don't tell me this s### is going to start happening again. That's the last thing we need right now, a damned zombie apocalypse. I honestly don't know what would possibly cause a person to do something like this. "Pass the Worcestershire sauce, old chap, this ones a bit... dry." Seriously, W T F!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
ahh yes the zombies are back. Surely they should have this one contained rather quickly like the outbreak after Miami here in the states. That's the thing about zombies, in real life they are easy to contain. Authorities don't exactly ignore cases of cannibalism primarily because they are very likely actually zombie attacks. Its how and why they are contained so quickly.

Watch out, they will blame it on bath salts now and pass new legislation.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I don't think Zombies had much to do with it - reports suggest the man was high on coke and had just been released from Prison, so was probably not in a "correct frame of mind".. Still pretty creepy, but I would guess he had deep seated mental issues.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Yeah, I kinda figured that, I was simply being facetious, at any rate, I still find "high on drugs" to be terminally lacking in credibility. One would think that if it was the drugs themselves that were causing this behaviour, then, simply put, these types of atrocious events would be occurring at far more exponential rate and would have been for many years past. I don't believe that drugs were even a factor in many of these occurrences.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
A quiet, idyllic, sleepy village in rural Wales, apparently full of elderly people.

So they stick a hostel for society's desperadoes slap in the centre of it.

Which sadist came up with that plan?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
yea whos report? the same peoples whos custody he was in when he died??? Nobody wants to admit zombies are real, but they are. Its just too easy to cover up their appearances when the same behaviors can be attributed to drugs. I mean I suppose it could just be drugs. After all a lot of the demonic possession that allegedly are witnessed in many poor countries with supposedly horrific muscular and facial contortion the likes of a Hollywood demon movie are also very close to the same side affects that go into effect when people are high on angel trumpets. Strangely these flowers happen to grow natively in tropical regions where many of these alleged cases occur.

Zombies are real, they have a significant presence in Haitian culture and they even have legislation against it there. They had to put a bullet in this guy at the hospital im betting when they realized that there would be no reasoning with a cannibal zombie.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Oh great, has 'bathsalts' now found its way into the peaceful country of Wales?

Truly disturbing story!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Oh great, has 'bathsalts' now found its way into the peaceful country of Wales?

Truly disturbing story!

what were those bathsalts cut with ?...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
WTF...

Don't tell me this s### is going to start happening again. That's the last thing we need right now, a damned zombie apocalypse. I honestly don't know what would possibly cause a person to do something like this. "Pass the Worcestershire sauce, old chap, this ones a bit... dry." Seriously, W T F!!!

Drugs plus batschhit insane??

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I did say he probably had deep seated mental issues - the drugs are probably just an aggravating factor. I would hazard a guess he has harboured fantasies about eating a human for some time.

a reply to: DYepes

No, Zombies don't exist, don't be so daft. People eat other people for other reasons than being "walking dead", usually as a result of some twisted fantasy, such as this German fellow from a few years back..

I would hardly call Haiti a well educated place to trust on opinions of Zombism either - in fact, whenever anyone has looked into "Zombies" in Haitian culture, it nearly always comes down to rather interesting concoctions made by Witchdoctors.

Also, just because somewhere has "legislation" on something, that doesn't make it correct either - in Swaziland, witches are not permitted to fly more than 150ft in the air, for example. Does this mean Witches exist, or is it more likely poorly educated people who are superstitious made up these laws?

And he wasn't shot, he was tazered. paramedics were in attendance and because someone died in the custody of the Police, the IPCC is involved. Eye witnesses did not describe the man as anything close to being a Zombie, from the people who saw him around the village, the Security guard in the Hostel who found him eating the woman.

I would appreciate it if you stopped making these ridiculous claims, to be honest. They have naff all to do with the OP.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
waiting for osmeone to come up with a connection between this and ebola...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Naw man its zombies. The local legislators are just going to use this as an excuse to tackle whatever new drug has been hitting your area. Its cut and paste how governments all over the world are always covering this stuff up. Most cultures the world over who adopt cannibalism actually kill and cook their human prey first, not eat it alive the way the incidents that happen in developed countries unfold.

Problem with people in our societies is we put ourselves above the old ways, as if they were something to laugh at while we enjoy our superior line of thinking and logic. Creatures of the world are more ancient then we would believe, but those who still practice the old ways know of the reality of the creatures we only idolize in feature film productions and attribute to fantasy.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Riiiiight.....

I see your living up to your "Super Rational Logic Man" tag then

Instead of the rational explanation - man with mental issues/possible fantasy - you're going with the totally insane explanation of the Walking dead right off the bat, even though this man was very much alive and kicking.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason don't you dare throw logic and facts at me, they are my only weakness when I am in a clearly irrational state. I know what I saw in Miami, and even if this case is junkie gone wild, zombies are here, have always been here, and will continue to walk on the Earth. I suggest the UK immediately lift the gun ban and arm every able bodies citizen age 13 n up. At least if there are millions of guns you guys will have a chance when the dead do hit in a massive outbreak. .... OOOORRRR..... dare I say.....

Perhaps if this woman had the right to carry a .357 concealed this man would not have eaten her. Yea I am now going to carry my POV into this subject, it should stir things up quite nicely.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

You have an interesting sense of humour
I genuinely chuckled as I read that, fair play

As for guns - they're not banned, just somewhat restricted.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

The tv show Drugs Inc explained the whole thing in depth.

"Bath Salts" is the name to create a legal loophole. Designer drugs are - literally - slightly modified chemical structures (just enough to be a loophole) that cannot be marketed as ingestible. So they call them obscure things like bath salts. But of course the buyers know exactly what they're doing. The specific bath salts one was methamphetamines if I recall

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
At least we know how to kill zombies, just buy a tazer gun, no zombie apocalypse here!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Perhaps if this woman had the right to carry a .357 concealed this man would not have eaten her. Yea I am now going to carry my POV into this subject, it should stir things up quite nicely.

I don't know where you got the idea that your post would stir things up quite nicely just before you pop off to bed on your side of the world.

Completely the opposite, your post should add to some intelligent and mature discussions amongst UK members whilst you are sleeping?

You apparently have not been on a pub crawl on Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights in major cities or towns in the UK... (Even villages...)

Arming people with the right to carry is NOT a good idea over in the UK... This would lead to a massive amount of "accidents"

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/11/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Riiiiight.....

I see your living up to your "Super Rational Logic Man" tag then

I can't believe your STILL reading that #.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join