It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Catholic Ghostbusters...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
LOL! Thanks Oops.
I don't do anything for points, although if others like to see high points, I'm greatful for them

I think the Catholic started with the excorsizing and all because it wans't really needed - not REALLY. And for the most part, help is in the belief of the person your helping.

When the real problems come up, where is it we should turn though?

We are still, after 15 years, dealing with this particular problem. Thank goodness I'm not in that house any more!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I personaly don't think the Catholic church wants anything to do with 'real' problems. It would rather just throw holy water around and 'bless' a house when a crazy lady freaks on a bump in the night.

While that may be true in some cases, it is certainly not true in all. Just like there are good doctors and bad doctors, there are good priests and bad priests. Catholicism is the most mystical traditional Christian religion and as such is pretty useful and effective in remedying things like demonic posession. Properly practiced, the Faith is quite powerful.

[edit on 5-1-2005 by cjane]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

A Vatican university said...

"A" Vatican university?

Vatican City (also known as The Holy See) is the smallest country in the world -- it's basically a suburb of Rome, Italy. I can understand it having one small university (with exclusive clientel, of course), but more than one? Where would they have room for it?

Does Vatican City consider any Catholic college around the world a "Vatican" college? I could see that to a point, I suppose. But why didn't the article say which college?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 00PS

Possession...it depends on how you look at it....
Some view it as...i stole something from the store, well the devil made me do it...
Others see it as a literal, speaking in tongues, knowing things they shouldn't

Do i believe people get "whispers" to do evil things of course...
As to the later, I do as well. But it isn't random....an Entity just doesn't "get bored" and posses some poor person.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bosito

Is necromancy in the same region as exorcisms?

You know this thread being 5 years dead and all...

-m0r

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 00PS

I have only heard of one story about a lady who was being bothered by a ghost and she called a Catholic Priest who came to her home and did some exorcist...

she reckons after that was done in her home and to all members of her family, she was fine.

Maybe it is a placebo thing too? Mind stuff but isn't really true...

Could also be a new strategy for marketing the church, has fallen into a deep hole lately.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Necromancy and Exorcisms are NOT the same...

Exorcism is the "act" or removing a harmful entity, be it demon or whatever the problem is.
Necromancy is the "act" or "Summoning" or the dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join