It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE NEW Amazon "Echo" - "Everyone can hear you anyway"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

well that is exactly what it is.. the cat is out of the bag.. so you need to know what You do with what online profile to keep some stuff blurred.. I am a dad of a small kid.. and I know my kid will grow up totally different then I did because of digital age(if I can say it like this) and IMO it is better to sacrifice myself in order to know and show him what is happening then alienate myself from my kids existence

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

I don't need a machine to make my grocery list unless it would order it online and have it delivered (on Monday please) just for the sake of withholding me from interacting with other peepz to get me frikking daily needs.

So you make your grocery list on this thing and then you go to the grocery store? Are you supposed to write it down before you go? So I guess you connect to it through "the cloud" with your phone to get your list? But why wouldn't I just use my phone in the first place?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
...........So........they put Siri in a tube........

Right?

Am i suppose to be impressed?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
...........So........they put Siri in a tube........

Right?

Am i suppose to be impressed?

Believe me, the thing needs wheels and an airsoft gun

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: Dumbass

I don't need a machine to make my grocery list unless it would order it online and have it delivered (on Monday please) just for the sake of withholding me from interacting with other peepz to get me frikking daily needs.

So you make your grocery list on this thing and then you go to the grocery store? Are you supposed to write it down before you go? So I guess you connect to it through "the cloud" with your phone to get your list? But why wouldn't I just use my phone in the first place?

I just go shopping now and think of the things I need. If technology would be progressed as far as this thingy would show us.. I would just mention "ohw hell no I'm out of coffee in the morning and when I get back home from my daily occupations a refill of my fav brand will be delivered"

I don't need or want a machine to temporarily hold my grocery list, before I write it down and I still need to make my own list or use my phone to waste my time in a shop buying the crap I need.

It would be even better if my coffee maker would tell the echo that tomorrow my Columbian dark roasted bean will need o be refilled to the echo (after all it is Friday) so that Saturday morning when I wake up with a hangover a drone delivered m fresh beans before it could have waked me up with its annoying bzzzz bzzzz sound, so I could easily make my demanded addiction.

so like I said

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Funny how the internet gave such a fillip to conspiracy theories in its early years, but is now creating a world in which natural selection is weeding out conspiracy theorists. I await the outcome with amusement.

edit on 7/11/14 by Astyanax because: it's here now!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
a reply to: Asktheanimals

just got ask although I can imagen it.. what exactly loaths you?

The way technology is interposing itself between every last aspect of our lives. Those of us older (over 50) folks remember when nobody had a cell phone and a tape player in your car was about as hi tech as you could get. Life was so different then it's nearly impossible to describe to a young person who has always been surrounded by digital devices.
The more we bind ourselves to technology the less of the natural world and each other as human beings we experience. We might think this is communicating writing on the net but it's a big step removed from actually speaking face to face, understanding the nuances of a look or expression. It is ALWAYS a trade off. There is no free lunch. For every "convenience" such as this we gain we are losing something. Those somethings are the very things that define our interpersonal relationships.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Funny how the internet gave such a fillip to conspiracy theories in its early years, but is now creating a world in which natural selection is weeding out conspiracy theorists. I await the outcome with amusement.

How exactly is natural selection weeding out conspiracy theorists?
Why would their disappearance be amusing to you?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 2ndFUTURE

This clearly shows the power and promise of the cloud.

The Cloud will essentially be a massive A.I. Brain. You will no longer need to go sit at your desktop to surf the internet. You will just talk to things like this and surf the internet.

I think this is great and this is the future.

Need to find a price of a book on Amazon, you can just talk to the A.I. cloud.

Need to book reservations at a restaurant, just talk to the A.I. cloud.

Your kid needs help with his homework, forget talking to Daddy, talk to the A.I. cloud.

Do you want to read a post on ATS, you will not have to, the A.I. cloud will read it to you.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

How exactly is natural selection weeding out conspiracy theorists?

By creating an environment in which their most paranoid fantasies come true.

Why would their disappearance be amusing to you?

Vindication coupled with extinction is a fittingly ironic punishment for the crime of eternally crying wolf.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: roadgravel
There is a sensitive microphone and a connection to the internet. What could go wrong there? Nothing if you are the NSA or local police. It will be much like the police checking for and using onstar and lowjack when a car comes up in an investigation.

Do you really think that if you were the kind of person that had anything to hide... you would go out and buy one of these??

Come on!!!

Korg.

Hmmm... Currently, I have nothing to hide, but what happens when everything about me needs to be kept hidden, do I their away the 500 connected devices in my home? (Future talking)

What happens when having brown eyes gets you enslaved? Or being Christian or Muslim or Hindu gets you executed? Or not turning your children over to enemy invaders gets them lobotomized?

None of those are real today, but they could become so in the blink of an eye. Why provide the keys and red carpet into your home so easily fit so little benefit? (If you can call any of these devices to come beneficial at all.)

Ooh, nevermind! This new oven will let Facebook and Twitter know when I baked cookies! I'm soooo buying this!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: roadgravel
There is a sensitive microphone and a connection to the internet. What could go wrong there? Nothing if you are the NSA or local police. It will be much like the police checking for and using onstar and lowjack when a car comes up in an investigation.

Do you really think that if you were the kind of person that had anything to hide... you would go out and buy one of these??

Come on!!!

Korg.

Hmmm... Currently, I have nothing to hide, but what happens when everything about me needs to be kept hidden, do I their away the 500 connected devices in my home? (Future talking)

What happens when having brown eyes gets you enslaved? Or being Christian or Muslim or Hindu gets you executed? Or not turning your children over to enemy invaders gets them lobotomized?

You have been reading too much dystopian Sci-Fi!

Get your head out of the clouds and have a look around you... all of your above is not the case... So your point is based upon fantasy.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Bah!

I'm waiting for the flying model.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: Dumbass

just got ask although I can imagen it.. what exactly loaths you?

The way technology is interposing itself between every last aspect of our lives. Those of us older (over 50) folks remember when nobody had a cell phone and a tape player in your car was about as hi tech as you could get. Life was so different then it's nearly impossible to describe to a young person who has always been surrounded by digital devices.
The more we bind ourselves to technology the less of the natural world and each other as human beings we experience. We might think this is communicating writing on the net but it's a big step removed from actually speaking face to face, understanding the nuances of a look or expression. It is ALWAYS a trade off. There is no free lunch. For every "convenience" such as this we gain we are losing something. Those somethings are the very things that define our interpersonal relationships.

Not sure if I should reply to you now as I seem to screw up my own new threads today... let me be clear about that..
It is a trade off about the people you see on a daily basis because... well let me make it simple, just because they live around you. It may look as a trade off I know.... but I am not sure it is.

I use my phone, to explore the net a lot.. even in public environments.. probably for a different reason that other use it haha.. I use it to gain knowledge AND (the AND is important) to have no needed connection to the people that are in my environment just because their parent wanted to breed here...

For you and me it may seem like a trade off.... Sure because you are used to talk to your homies, besties or whatever you would call like to call the minds next to you. Electronical equipment just give another scale.. Mindless dummies can be just as mindless but know global, self-proclaimed intellectuals can share their thoughts global..

In the end our kids-kids will find their way as much as our parents-parents did. For people over a hundred years old a car was state of the art let us not think about flying for the middle man. The Titanic only has movies made of them now because the richies died on them as you could see in a hundred years a movie about how the richies died exploring space for 10 minutes.

Beside that...

the more I can throw away of the burdens of life, beside working the more time get to spend with my kid. He is 6 and gets frustrated when something is not touch but at the same time asks me to check on my phone how may hours we must hike to get to his fav restaurant that is 10 miles of our house.. when I say 3 hours, he says we must go early to get there on time..

so it is not the technology that screws us.. it is men or better said humans that screw us. In the 80s people were telling me things I didn't care about, nowadays they post it n FB or whatever and I still don't care about it but as I don't use FB it is easier for me.. lol
edit on 15-11-2014 by Dumbass because: wwoww Zpeelling

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well at least one good thing came out of this device. It helped me to stumble across the best YouTube channel ever created by man:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join