It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE NEW Amazon "Echo" - "Everyone can hear you anyway"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Starting at 0:49 in the video the father explains that "Everyone can hear you anyway". That's fine and normal?

I froze the video at 2:52 which shows the teen wearing a shirt covered with the "eye" and a butterfly in the foreground. That must be normal.

I just find it creepy.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 2ndFUTURE

"Alexa, how many different government agencies will use you to spy on people?"

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Orwell is doing somersaults

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
Orwell is doing somersaults

More likely 'they' are planning on using his spinning corpse as an energy device.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Alexa, how many divides in your home are already spying on you?

Everything from remote controls to clock radios can now be controlled via apps - and chip company ARM recently unveiled low-powered, cheaper chips which will be used in everything from fridges and ovens to doorbells.

The resultant chorus of 'connected' gadgets will be able to be read like a book - and even remote-controlled, according to CIA CIA Director David Petraeus, according to a recent report by Wired's 'Danger Room' blog.

Petraeus says that web-connected gadgets will 'transform' the art of spying - allowing spies to monitor people automatically without planting bugs, breaking and entering or even donning a tuxedo to infiltrate a dinner party.

www.dailymail.co.uk... l

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Now all they need is to put it in the body of a robot cat or dog.

Just imagine a black panther able to do that and stop burglars as well.

Just the thing for to care for old aunty Merrith.

You could ring the cat to she how she is.

And only $199. cheaper if you are a member

Now you can help the NSA by purchasing one of their helpful bugs.

P

edit on 6/11/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/11/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Anyone want to place odds on how long before the first 'Death by Echo' domestic violence attack happens, caused by a disagreement over what kind of music to play or how many knock-knock jokes are absolutely necessary on rainy days?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My wake word would be NSA.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
"Echo call the president and tell him he is a lame duck now"

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
By far the creepiest thing I have seen them attempt to role out in a long time.

This will literally make a generation of drones, no need to critically think when you have Alexa!

I pray that this flops and people wake up to what they are willingly implementing upon themselves!

Alexa and SIRI, you can go **** yourselves and all associated government agents!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 2ndFUTURE

Yeah the creepy red sweater the little girl was wearing with the eyes all over it, & the butterfly pic behind her, I agree......strange.....

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Interesting review

One-click purchase becomes no-click purchase. Your entire house (or at least, anything within earshot of Alexa) becomes the impulse-buy candy shelf from the grocery store’s checkout lane.

Review

Interesting angle. "Alexa, I want a ....." and it gets delivered to your door.

Hmm

P

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Sooo its got the same functionality as a smart phone? But unlike a smart phone you have to be in a particular room to use it.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I really don't like how the device is talked about like it is actually a living, breathing human. It is actually described to "love playing music".

No. This device doesn't "love" to do anything. It isn't a creature capable of emotions or feelings so why describe it as such?

It is a ploy to sell. A marketing gimmick, per say. Beyond the fact that no one absolutely needs this device, I wouldn't even place a device like this in my house. It is completely unnecessary.

Creepy? Ehh...it's just sad. Sad that we are being convinced that we need things like this in our homes.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There is a sensitive microphone and a connection to the internet. What could go wrong there? Nothing if you are the NSA or local police. It will be much like the police checking for and using onstar and lowjack when a car comes up in an investigation.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
There is a sensitive microphone and a connection to the internet. What could go wrong there? Nothing if you are the NSA or local police. It will be much like the police checking for and using onstar and lowjack when a car comes up in an investigation.

Do you really think that if you were the kind of person that had anything to hide... you would go out and buy one of these??

Come on!!!

Korg.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You overestimate the intelligence of criminals. Read some of the stories.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
"Alexa, what is my ration of chocolate today?"

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Just add the new tech to read your thoughts and facial expressions no secrets anymore.
edit on 7-11-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Having them around everywhere certainly wouldn't hurt the surveillance state, the criminals friend might have one without his knowledge.

Yes, creepy indeed. The sheep will police themselves and they will drag us down with them.

Why bother fighting the misanthropy these days...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join