It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Ben Carson: First Republican to Throw His Hat in 2016 Ring

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This guy seems like an interesting candidate!

Source: ABC News

Yes, the 2016 race for the White House has already gotten started -- and it looks like Dr. Ben Carson is first in the ring.

Carson, a famous pediatric neurosurgeon and conservative political star, will air a nearly 40 minute-long ad introducing himself to the American people this weekend, an aide to Carson confirms to ABC News.

The documentary titled “A Breath of Fresh Air: A New Prescription for America” will air in 22 states and Washington, DC. The paid video will detail some of his biography and family life, including his rise from being born to a single mother with a poor childhood in Detroit to director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins for almost 40 years, known for his work separating conjoined twins, to potential 2016 presidential candidate.

Seems like he probably put a lot of money down to air that kind of ad! I wonder how much it will cost him?

Carson first became a conservative star when last year he created a buzz at the National Prayer Breakfast when in front of an audience that included President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden spoke out about political correctness, health care and taxes.

He also called for a private health care savings plan and a flat tax in a speech that went viral and led to an editorial in the Wall Street Journal titled Ben Carson for President. He is known as a fierce opponent of the president’s health care law known as Obamacare.

He's beginning to become a bit of a Conservative All-Star, so it will be interesting to see what happens next!

In an ABC News/Washington Post poll from last month of the potential 2016 presidential candidates showed Carson in seventh place garnering seven percent of the vote after other notables including Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee, Chris Christie, and Marco Rubio.

Carson has a grassroots effort to draft him for a 2016 presidential run that has raised millions for the effort. In an interview last month with Jorge Ramos on our sister network, Fusion he said he’s considering a White House run.

I'm intrigued by this man. But I wonder what the Democrats will do? Part of the process of running for President involves your opinion digging every skeleton out of your closet and showing it to the whole world - we saw that happen a few years ago with Herman Cain.

What will they find on this man? My advice: don't run for Office unless you have all of your ducks in a row, your stories straight, and are ready to answer every question for everything you've ever done.

Here's to the start of another dirty political season!
edit on 6-11-2014 by gatorboi117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't think there will be much dirt to find on this guy, that said... he has no chance of winning. He's another Conservative set on throwing us back to the 50's. Entirely unelectable on the national stage.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I like Carson, he's level headed, calm and smart. Thanks for the good news.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to: gatorboi117

sorry, small screen, big thumb.

they'll find he's somewhat of a fraud. Benefiting from ALL of the social programs he complains about now, he's flipped on gay marriage, gun rights, and immigration. And he fits the bill for what the GOP is TOLD they need. Basically, he's a black guy. The need that, women, and a few Hispanics to prove they aren't what some think they are.

I don't agree with the way politics are, I don't make the rules, I just know he's a convenient distraction to the eventual GOP nominee. Whoever that may be.
edit on Thu0000002014-11-06T20:46:00-06:00kf2014Thu, 06 Nov 2014 20:46:00 -06002014-11-06T20:46:00-06:002014v by DuckforcoveR because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I don't think there will be much dirt to find on this guy, that said... he has no chance of winning. He's another Conservative set on throwing us back to the 50's. Entirely unelectable on the national stage.

How do you know all that? Is he your neighbor, friend? You only see the word *conservative* and make up your mind.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

I really admire Dr. Carson. His achievements, his outlook. Another big plus?

He is not a lawyer.

Until someone better comes along, Dr. Carson has my vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
reply to: gatorboi117

sorry, small screen, big thumb.

they'll find he's somewhat of a fraud. Benefiting from ALL of the social programs he complains about now, he's flipped on gay marriage, gun rights, and immigration. And he fits the bill for what the GOP is TOLD they need. Basically, he's a black guy. The need that, women, and a few Hispanics to prove they aren't what some think they are.

I don't agree with the way politics are, I don't make the rules, I just know he's a convenient distraction to the eventual GOP nominee. Whoever that may be.

I didn't know he's flip-flopped on those issues, do you have a source for that?

I know that the Republicans are going to have to do something to dodge the stereotypical "old white man" Presidential candidate. It's sad that this is how the country is heading, but that may be what it takes to win.

Put this man on the ticket, along with Susana Martinez for VP (elected Governor of New Mexico, she is both a woman and Hispanic), and you have a match that can appeal to the majority of the minorities.
edit on 6-11-2014 by gatorboi117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Great another crazy hell bent on getting rid of the social strides we have made during the last 50 years, I'm sure Conservatives will love him.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
After two more years of Obama, I think the elephant mascot might be able to win the next election.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The politically correct crowd will rip him to shreds. The way he mouths off about gays and how it's a Marxist plot to "gay up" America he is just asking for trouble.
edit on 6-11-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Most on the left don't like him for the simple fact that Dr.Carson is against recreational marijuana use.

link   
Lol I'm sure he'll fit right in with the crowd that boos gay soldiers and applauds when letting millions of uninsured americans die is mentioned

GOP primaries will provide a lot of entertainment that's for sure

link   
This is good news IMO. There are many here that were wondering if he was going to throw his hat into the ring. I for one... Am glad to see it.

I would not have been opposed to Ron Paul, or Allen West either. So far he's the best looking prospect the right has trotted out in quite a while.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

I'm not sure how to much of this on my phone, but:

wonkette.com...

for what it's worth, the article is supposedly sourced, I didn't verify that. I did however read alot about him during Romney's run and my first impressions quickly turned sour.

I'm very good at what I do. Many in my field may even wish they were "in my shoes", but that's no reason for automatically thinking I would be good at politics. That was my issue. People are thinking "the guys a brain surgeon, if he can't fix the country nobody can!" but seriously, I mean seriously. A good man, a smart man (no doubt), but he's spewing the same catch phrases that any other candidate can spew. The only difference is he has something the GOP desires, minority support.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Most on the left don't like him for the simple fact that Dr.Carson is against recreational marijuana use.

Yes because the left is nothing but stoners. Carson is the perfect example of a stupid smart person.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Yes because the left is nothing but stoners. Carson is the perfect example of a stupid smart person.

So is your avatar.....

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: buster2010

So is your avatar.....

True Sheldon is one. But in no way would I want him to be President.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: muse7
Great another crazy hell bent on getting rid of the social strides we have made during the last 50 years, I'm sure Conservatives will love him.

Well your comments make me think he has an excellent chance.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm curious as to why? There is no part of mr interested in crap-sling political argument, I really do want to know why? What makes a man ready for this? More importantly (because our last 2 presidents show us what happens when men aren't exactly ready for this chair) what does he bring to the desk that persuades you?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That sounds like a knee jerk reaction. But what I do know of Dr. Carson is that he is not afraid to speak the truth how he sees it, Kind of like Martin Luther King Jr.

Out of all the potential GOP candidates, I think first of Dr. Carson. The rest are your typical pols.

He's probably Hillarys worst nightmare at the moment.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join