It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Next Six Years in the United States.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal

I said he was going to be impeached because he was a democrat president.

You said he was going to be impeached because he was a Democrat and 14 other Democrats were going to accept bribes from Republicans and vote him out of office.

Maybe you can postulate on which ones are going to jump ship...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

Congress controls the purse strings.

Actually, the purse strings control congress.

You must have had a temporary brain fart there for a second, so we'll let it slide... but only this one time.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I'd move myself and family to Canada but you have round bacon there.

Ignoring the round bacon for a second... you might actually like it up here.

We have more than two parties to vote for.

Tripartisan bickering is thrice the fun !

... Not to mention our excellent beer and the many beer guzzling bashes we throw every second day around these parts. Which, I might add, makes that whole tripartisan thing a real knee-slapping hoot come election time.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Wait, those evil GOP's want to end minimum wage completely so they can get away with paying people only 20¢ a day to toss grannies off cliffs?

I missed that one.

Probably missed it because you searched for throwing grannies off cliffs.

The GOP loves grannies. (They are a primary voter bloc)

But yes, the pro business anti citizen GOP does want the removal of the minimum wage (without the granny tossing)

www.nationalreview.com...

Sure, they make an argument. ask the person you talk with in India for tech support what they make an hour. Or the person that manufactures your vehicle in Mexico what they make an hour, or the person in Taiwan who makes your shoes what they make an hour, to see your earning future.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I think Obama will pull off the ultimate pay-back.

He will turn on his traitors and sign everything passed by Congress.

He will force a surplus spending agenda.

He will force the unemployment rate down to 4%.

He will force lower taxes.

He will gloat with gleam.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't expect that Obamacare will be on the chopping block right out of the gate. It is too easy to keep it warts and all to be a rallying point for the 2016 presidential election. But do expect immigration, tax cuts and fixing the budget to be priories. I wouldn't be surprised to see hiring incentives as a counter to raising minimum wage.

But those are just conservative ideas towards stabilizing an economy.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

a reply to: eeyipes

Wait, those evil GOP's want to end minimum wage completely so they can get away with paying people only 20¢ a day to toss grannies off cliffs?

I missed that one.

Probably missed it because you searched for throwing grannies off cliffs.

The GOP loves grannies. (They are a primary voter bloc)

But yes, the pro business anti citizen GOP does want the removal of the minimum wage (without the granny tossing)

www.nationalreview.com...

Sure, they make an argument. ask the person you talk with in India for tech support what they make an hour. Or the person that manufactures your vehicle in Mexico what they make an hour, or the person in Taiwan who makes your shoes what they make an hour, to see your earning future.

You are not keeping up with the times much less what's going on in the GOP. Yes, Republicans are un-apologetically pro-business. They actually do believe that businesses create jobs unlike Hillary and what's-his-name.

Republican Elise Stefanik has become the youngest woman elected to Congress in history, winning her race against Aaron Woolf in New York’s 21st open district 56-32, ABC News projects. She’s the first Republican to win the district, which had been held by Democratic Rep. Bill Owens since 1993. Stefanik, 30, is seen as a new face and image for the GOP. House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy both campaigned for her on the trail, offering a preview of the attention she’s sure to receive at the Capitol as she projects an aura of energy and vitality for a party hoping to appeal to younger demographics.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
They said 100's of laws backed up in the Senate.

No Thanks...This gridlock is not so bad.

When are we going to start repealing laws and regulations.

I say spend the next two years investigating the IRS and Bengazi.

We don't need this Brotherhood of Buffoons to do a damn thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Let me say first, congratulations, to the GOP for roundly smashing the people of the United States.

Citizens United has made sure that the progress that has been made within the last 20 years will certainly be undone. It's obvious that the corporate oligarchy completely rules this nation.

I hope you have investments. If you do, it's going to be a great decade for you. If you live paycheck to paycheck, eh, better get a second and/or third job if you can when you can. You are going to need the extra income for when the GOP eliminates the minimum wage completely.

Poor? Trying to survive? Barely making it? I suggest visiting the Survival forums, you are probably going to need them for the next few years just to survive the onslaught of pro big business legislation that is going to come down the pipe.

Expecting Obama to veto the coming onslaught of legislation coming that will deprive you of any hope of existing in a middle class lifestyle? Think again, for one, Obama is an Oligarch, just like the rest of them, and will most likely pass most of the GOP agenda. For another, Obama will be impeached for being a Democrat president.

Expect war to escalate throughout the middle east and Asia, the GOP have wanted a full blown war against all the people of the middle east and Korea, Now they are going to get it and Obama will be to spineless and weak to fight them.

Say goodbye to the helpful parts of the ACA (Obamacare) There will be a repeal of the law, but only parts of it, probably the ones that mandate that people that have pre existing conditions will be able to be covered.

In short, expect decreases in funding across the board for the following:

Healthcare
Unemployment
Welfare
Education
Environmental protection

And increases in funding for:

The military
The Federal Prison System.
Corporate Tax Cuts
Capital Gains Tax Cuts.

With the GOP in charge, expect the president to be impeached, and ACA to be repealed. Expect to work harder for less money and to have two or three jobs just to maintain your current lifestyle. Expect more pollution, more national healthcare problems with less staff to deal with those issues.

Expect small business to die out completely within the next ten years. Everything will be chains and franchises.

America has been lost.

Its is Obama who is the one not willing to negotiate. It is Obama who lied about the ACA and the democrats who didnt even read the damn bill before passing that has cuased America to revolt. Why? Cause premiums are higher, you cant keep you doctor, etc. It is Obama's collusion with the irs who targeted conservatives. Our kids are getting sick cause illegal aliens can hop and skip across the border with diseases due to Obama's political attempt to import more democratic voters! America is sick of him and so is his party that's why they kept him away from their campaigns! Soldiers cant carry bibles yet common core is teaching the 5 pillars of islam to our 5th graders! Holder enabled by Obama has over reached and polarized race issue's across America! War on woman ware on race is bs. We have a female black senator in Utah who is a conservative Republican! Im not niave to think the republicans are going to truly serve the people first but at least they wont let the potus be the executive, legislative, and judical branch all in one like Obama has been doing! I could go on and on but trying to convince a flaming liberal is futile!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

It is too easy to keep it warts and all to be a rallying point for the 2016 presidential election.

Good point.

Obamacare makes for some mighty sweet leverage for the opposition in 2016.

Why get rid of a good thing before taking full advantage of it ?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
They said 100's of laws backed up in the Senate.

No Thanks...This gridlock is not so bad.

When are we going to start repealing laws and regulations.

I say spend the next two years investigating the IRS and Bengazi.

We don't need this Brotherhood of Buffoons to do a damn thing.

Exactly. I firmly believe that is what Americans said this time around. Stop the train! Put the brakes on Executive power gone wild.

And you are right. We absolutely do want further investigation of the IRS, Benghazi, and a host of other abuses of power.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe you can postulate on which ones are going to jump ship...

I couldn't tell you which ones are going to jump ship and sign along with the GOP. Probably can extrapolate that by researching the narrow margins democratic incumbent won in mostly republican states.

Save your ass or save your money or save your party, it's a hard decision to make, My bet is save your money.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

But those are just conservative ideas towards stabilizing an economy.

Let's not forget that conservative ideas destabalized this economy to begin with.

The entirety of the oughts (00) were by a Republican President, that this president, being a Democrat the GOP blame for all of the economic woes. I know that the GOP wants to forget that that the entire period between 2001 and 2008 ever happened, but they did exist, and economic cycles do pass between administrations.

Now, that there is an upturn in the economy, the GOP will of course rally behind for 2016, Even though they have fought against everything that could improve this economy for the last six years. They are going to push for themselves being the good guys trying to fight for the upturn in this stagnant and slow recovery.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The excuse from the House in failing to deliver Articles of Impeachment, was that the Senate wouldn't try the matter.

Republican control of the Senate; they can at least conduct the trial.

66 votes? If there is an actual case presented with actual "high crimes and misdemeanors" that are actually proven, do any of you think those 14 votes are going to be hard to get?

Heck I say, forget impeachment, go directly for Treason, no supermajority needed there:

US CONSTITUTION, ARTICLE III, SECTION 3, CLAUSE 2

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Republicans have campaigned on the basis of a Treasonous Tyrannical Obama; isn't it time to put the rubber to the road?

Unless, they can't prove it? Unless, all that is just political theatre?

I guess we'll see.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Obamacare is a lame point, read the legislation, it's Romneycare incarnate.

The GOP want's you to think they weren't a part of that, but if they weren't there would be a single payer option.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I want the congress to draft articles of Impeachment and send it to the senate. I beg them to.

You think you're a lawyer and know enough about the law to try it? Be my guest.

Cmon, bring your first hand evidence before the congress to get the ball rolling then have the Senate try your evidence.

Really, no bull crap FOX News, or other Republican bull crap agenda driven #e, real first hand proof that the president actually committed and act under the constitution that is worthy of his impeachment.

Believe me it didn't work for Bush, it won't work for Obama.
edit on 1162014 by bhliberal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm a merc so life is good now

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

a reply to: CranialSponge

Obamacare is a lame point, read the legislation, it's Romneycare incarnate.

The GOP want's you to think they weren't a part of that, but if they weren't there would be a single payer option.

Ya thats why 0 Republicans voted for the ACA. ACA is all on the dems and that is a big part why they lost yesterday! I guess the doubling of our national debt is Republicans fault too?!?! Let look at facts not opinion and ideology!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Only five senate races were close for the Democrat running which would still leave you nine votes short. Which staunch Democrats are taking your alleged bribes to fulfill your impeachment fantasy?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm curious to see what happens through December. It will be the perfect time to get through all the stuff Obama wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join