It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Says: Watch the Petrodollar

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Have you seen the vid I posted ?

It gives a good explanation as to why the Petrodollar is so important.

The Central Banks are assuming they can hold off deflation with ever more money printing, but it`s not a given that it might work indefinitely and it can lead to too much money with out of control inflation. It has worked up until now in the US, but it can end also with money printing not working anymore.

If inflation is going rampant on the other hand raising interests are needed to curb that, which also can lead to a system collapse.

And than there are lots of other factors which can be off set, it`s a very delicate system which isn`t that easy to balance without it simply letting it go its course. If they would have done that we would have had normal system corrections, but they have chosen to think they can control it and by so making it much more dangerous if they lose actual control.

My grocery bill still looks more or less the same, but I`m from Europe.

edit on 7 11 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: James1970

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The dollar isn't going anywhere. You can talk about a collapse all you want.

Here's what Fifteen Trillion Dollars looks like in $100 Dollar Bills.

Don't worry?

The debt is now almost 18 Trillion. US Debt Clock

Might wanna stock up on that toilet paper and beans.

The National debt is another of a myriad of scams foisted upon the nation. The debt is a fiction created by the FED a Ponzi cartel of private banking scoundrels. It is Larceny by fraud on an epic scale. We owe these thieving bastards NOTHING!!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: SubTruth

When the Petrodollar is losing its status, that`s exactly what will happen quickly.

Inflation will beat out the failing reserve status I believe. The cost of everything is rising and rising fast. They have to give out 10 year car loans just to sell new cars. Look at your grocery bill week to week and see this simplest of truths.

Good thing our dollar is backed by the same thing that drives religion and not something feasible like gold or silver eh?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: APT1Yksnidnak

Saudi Arabia Foils ISIS Terrorist Attack, Arrests 33

One does wonder then if the Saudis lied when they downplayed the previously reported explosion in a pipeline south of Riyadh, near the town of Sudair, instead blaming it on repairs just to make it seem that terrorism is fully contained in the kingdom.

We would not be surprised if the price of oil were to suddenly snap back much higher following one or more "terrorist" attacks on the oil infrastructure in Saudi Arabia were to leak to the outside world in the coming days.

Like I said in my earlier post. While we’re enjoying a surge in the USD & low gas prices, remain vigilant. Keep a close watch on the Middle East events - because this is only the beginning.

- Expect more attacks on Saudi pipelines/refineries.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
OUCH!

Putin, Xi Jinping sign mega gas deal on second gas supply route

“After we have launched supplies via the “western route,” the volume of gas deliveries to China can exceed the current volumes of export to Europe,” Gazprom CEO Aleksey Miller told reporters, commenting on the deal.

Dang! What we're witnessing is the complete uprooting of the USD. Not de-dollarization but, the removal of the entire system. (petrodollar included)
edit on 9-11-2014 by APT1Yksnidnak because: add info.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Delete
edit on 11/9/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
At this rate, I really don't know how long the petrodollar will last.

right now it hinges on two things -

* * Iran becoming a nuclear state

* * Saudi's vulnerability to attacks on their pipelines/refineries

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You would think with all ISIS and terrorist talk about the Middle East they would have thought about that by now right?

Why hasn't that happened?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Honestly, and this is my personal opinion. ISIL is clearing the chessboard for the next round.

The key 'Supporters' are becoming very visibly clear who's "coalition" will be supported by which countries. And the 'pawns' are being placed in their starting points.

I hate to say this, but the Middle East is where the American soul will be snatched. This isn't like going into Iraq to remove Saddam or Afghanistan.

What we're witnessing is the U.S. & it's coalition juggling chainsaws. Just a matter of time before a miscalculation is made.

edit on 9-11-2014 by APT1Yksnidnak because: add image

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Well, I said in another thread that the U.S. & Saudi are actively engaged in slitting each other's throats behind close doors. But it's no longer a secret. Several articles have been published about it.

If you need, I can post them up at your request.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Dang! What we're witnessing is the complete uprooting of the USD. Not de-dollarization but, the removal of the entire system. (petrodollar included)
Are you sure?
I heard that the US is the largest producer of oil on the planet.

I heard that the dollar is strengthening.

What do think of discussions in the US about starting to export crude? How do you think that would affect the dollar?

edit on 11/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Positive.

Right now, we're enjoying a surge in the USD & low gas prices. But we've already had two attacks in the last two months at Saudi oil pipelines. If Iran becomes a nuclear state, how will that impact U.S./Saudi relations?

The U.S. is stressing their output right now, but again, who's gonna buy it? Europe has shown to be unreliable. And in all honesty, wouldn't put it passed me that EU will dissolve in the upcoming future.

- What goes up - - Must come down.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Right now, we're enjoying a surge in the USD & low gas prices.
Yup. Because the Saudis are taking a dive on their oil.

The U.S. is stressing their output right now, but again, who's gonna buy it?

How about China? You think they would balk if the US starts exporting crude, out of loyalty to Russia? They would jump at the chance.

And in all honesty, wouldn't put it passed me that EU will dissolve in the upcoming future.
Germany would still need oil. The UK would still need oil. Right?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Yup. Because the Saudis are taking a dive on their oil.

And you think thats a positive thing? What about U.S. shale prices & their break-even points. It's not good.

How about China? You think they would balk if the US starts exporting crude, out of loyalty to Russia? They would jump at the chance.

The U.S. isn't in China's backyard. It would be more costlier. But then again who says China would pay in USD? If they did, for how long?

Germany would still need oil. The UK would still need oil. Right?

Yes they would. But at what costs? And how long would EU need to wait to begin receiving any payloads to fill their stocks. As well as infrastructure that will need to be built. And the last key question is: "How Reliable are they?"

Will EU not be able to make payments due to their failing economy? Not looking good all-around.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Hell, at this years APEC gathering, China is undermining U.S.'s TPP w/ the Pacific (obama's asian pivot). By introducing a Free Trade Zone.

And then signed another historical 2nd "Holy Grail" deal w/ Russia.

As the thread title suggests: "Watch the Petrodollar".

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

And you think thats a positive thing?
I didn't say that (though I don't mind paying less for gas). It shows that the Saudi's are not taking US oil production lightly.

What about U.S. shale prices & their break-even points.
I guess it would be a matter of who blinks, right? Or, if the US starts competing on the world market.

The U.S. isn't in China's backyard. It would be more costlier. But then again who says China would pay in USD?
Why wouldn't they? They have quite a few assets in dollars as it is. They have a vested interest in a strong dollar.

Yes they would. But at what costs? And how long would EU need to wait to begin receiving any payloads to fill their stocks.
As soon as exports started.

Will EU not be able to make payments due to their failing economy? Not looking good all-around.
I thought you said the EU was going to dissolve. But they are buying oil now, aren't they?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I didn't say that (though I don't mind paying less for gas). It shows that the Saudi's are not taking US oil production lightly.

A strong USD & cheap gas is fun - until it has to end. What you're missing is that Saudi's oil pipelines/refineries are under attack. If it keeps going on, ALL OF THE WORLDS ECONOMY GOES DOWN THE DRAIN!

I guess it would be a matter of who blinks, right? Or, if the US starts competing on the world market.

The big thing about that is the bureaucratic red tape & 'green peace' initiatives which delays the process. And if Iran becomes a nuclear state, Saudi will be highly pissed about that. And if some sort of 'proxy war' breaks out between the two, the cost of exporting our U.S. domestic oil will be painful. Hence, why I believe it'll remain within the U.S. only.

Why wouldn't they? They have quite a few assets in dollars as it is. They have a vested interest in a strong dollar.

I don't know about the whole "Strong Dollar" aspect lol. China is seriously dismantling the Petrodollar alongside Russia. China knows U.S. is no friend. But it'll behave in a 'respectable professional' manner. China is MORE INTERESTED in a STRONG YUAN.

I thought you said the EU was going to dissolve. But they are buying oil now, aren't they?

EU is going to dissolve. There's not much hope after the Cameron fiasco. Yes, they are buying oil but if Saudi goes up in flames, it's game over. Plain & simple.

Thats why I said, keep an eye on the Middle East.

P.S. I starred your post for bringing in logical questions.
edit on 9-11-2014 by APT1Yksnidnak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You have a very negative outlook.

I notice a lot of doom in your post. Can you scale back the Armageddon for us a little?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What you're missing is that Saudi's oil pipelines/refineries are under attack. If it keeps going on, ALL OF THE WORLDS ECONOMY GOES DOWN THE DRAIN!
Yes, there would be a large impact on the world economy. What do you think would happen to the world economy if the real dollar (the US one) collapsed?

The big thing about that is the bureaucratic red tape & 'green peace' initiatives which delays the process. And if Iran becomes a nuclear state, Saudi will be highly pissed about that. And if some sort of 'proxy war' breaks out between the two, the cost of exporting our U.S. domestic oil will be painful. Hence, why I believe it'll remain within the U.S. only.
If. If. If. If my uncle was a woman he wouldn't be my uncle. It's not hard to come up with scary ifs, especially if you string a bunch of them together. But why would war between Iran and Saudi Arabia (really?) make it hard to export US crude?

I don't know about the whole "Strong Dollar" aspect lol. China is seriously dismantling the Petrodollar alongside Russia. China knows U.S. is no friend. But it'll behave in a 'respectable professional' manner. China is MORE INTERESTED in a STRONG YUAN.
But "petrodollars" are not US dollars, supposedly. Yes, China is interested in a strong yuan (and getting the longer end of the stick whenever they can) but not if it means their US assets lose a lot of value.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I understand how you view my posts. But you have to understand that it's not me thats creating all of this.

I don't mean it in a degrading way, when I say that the U.S. govt is marching us into our graves, I mean it! The American people are AMAZING! But we lack the backbone to stand up to our govt - - even when WE KNOW that they're marching us into our grave.

Is all of this going to happen overnight? Absolutely not. But the events are going to continue, unimpeded.

P.S. Or maybe perhaps many americans don't even know that they're being lied too. And thats sickly sad. Wouldn't you agree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join