It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Inspired Video Game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've been working on this in my spare time for over a year.

It is a first-person 3D adventure where you explore and learn about the ancient world wonders.

Enter the tunnels and chambers forbidden from public, and experience the ancient mysteries from the comfort of your computer chair.

A sort of a virtual museum.

Since this is a very ambitious project, I plan to release it in stages.

1. Places to visit and explore + game logic
3. Story to tie it all together (music, narration, missions, etc..)

Grasp The Planet

PS: I'm unsure how to post images atm, so I will do that in the next post. For now, that link has lots of information.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: philozofer

I have some ideas for you and may be able to help you out in some areas if u need it.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Egypt:

Stonehenge:

MORE:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Thanks brother! Let me know what you had in mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I need all the help I can get.

I'm hoping to find people as excited about this as I am to help bring this thing to life.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

so is it just a virtual interactive tour or are we finding a story and solving a conspiracy?
why would a kid be interested in their spare time if its just a tour?

or is the plan to market it to schools as a learning resource?

im not dissing your idea, I am just trying to understand

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

Thanks for your genuine thoughts.

To be honest, it's fairly loose at this moment and I'm looking for some help in bringing this thing to market so I'm open to ideas at this point.

Its a big project so at first it will be just an interactive tour.

There is a story in development, but its going to come second to the interactive/educational tour.

1. Game world (tour/educational)
2. Story (game/story/action-adventure/educational)

We first have to finish a few of the locations (research, modeling, texturing, set dressing, etc...)

Then we will tie it together with a story..

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
For now, these demos are playable:

Tiwanaku Archaeological Site

Gobekli Tepe

Stonehenge

--
The most complete of these demos is not yet available due to its size of 50mb. I don't want everyone to have to download that large file so I'm working on breaking up Gyza Plateau into smaller chunks for exploration.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: philozofer
We first have to finish a few of the locations (research, modeling, texturing, set dressing, etc...)

Which locations? What program do you use for modeling?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Here are a few to give you an idea.

--
MAN MADE WONDERS:
Valley of the Kings
Tiwanaku Archaeological Site
Derinkuyu Underground City
Georgia Guidestones
Bailbeck (SP?)
Gobekli Tepe
Cart Ruts of Malta
The Malta Catacombs
Underground Sanctuary in Malta
Indus Valley
Mexico Pyramids
Ishtar Gate
Newgrange, Dublin
Egypt
Giza Necropolis

MAN MADE (not so mysterious):
Bingham Canyon Mine
10,000 Year Clock
Dogon Village
Mir Mine

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

As for the programs:

MODELING (in order of preference):
MODO, 3D Max, Maya, Lighwave (anything goes, as long as it can be exprted to obj or fbx)

GAME ENGINE:
Unity 3D

LANGUAGE:
C#

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nice! I think Coral Castle would be a good one to add to the list!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have an extensive mindmap for this project, here is a quick screenshot or a part of it:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Does anyone here have any 3D experience?

Got some models, ideas that you would like to contribute to the project?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I have a little bit of 3D design experience. I've been doing it with most of my time, since around February. I don't really have any completed models that would be of any use to you. Unless you think you'll need some medieval torture/dungeon items. Some of the things you listed would be easy enough for me to model. Texturing isn't my strong point, just fyi. I use Blender, which can export fbx files. I'm also committed to two other projects atm so I wouldn't be able to focus on helping your project out as much as you may like.
edit on 11-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

This is certainly an interesting idea! Unfortunately for me, quite a few 3D games result in nearly immediate simulator sickness. As far as a story mode goes, I think the natural thing would be some sort of time travel adventure. If you weren't terribly concerned about being educational, your protagonist could be collecting items of alien technology throughout history to fight an alien invasion in the present or something along those lines. If not pieces of some sort of machine/weapon, maybe tablets/scrolls with pieces of a puzzle.

If you're serious about the game being an educational tool, that's not going to fly. You could still use time travel but in that case you might consider tying it all together with some sort of mystery or mysterious disappearance. Maybe something akin to the plot of the movie Timeline. Your protagonist could be searching for somebody who disappeared somewhere in time during a catastrophic destruction of the time machine. Enter a scientist who puts the prototype into service and your character is sent back looking for OOP objects from the future as clues.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
How about using a player interface making forum "topics" that determines which kind of game mode is available? Also give the player a choice in style and interest in gameplay and style.

How about covering a mission based on people vanishing in the forest? The player can try to escape back to where you came from, and then another play option as being the search and rescue.or make a game style that's being an abductee that first wakes up the player after what they think is a UFO abduction and you progressively play levels trying to remember?

Just some ideas on what I think would make a good ats game. Thanks for listening.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I like your thinking and logic. Some feedback and ideas here..

--

One way to put all of this together and keep it close to reality would be a holodeck solution.

Set the story a bit into the future and you have access to a holodec which you use to travel back in time and connect the dots which would lead you to solving the big misttery.

Maybe the collapse of civilization and why it happens only becomes apparent when its too late.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Will you have enemies? Like Maybe animal predators, vampires, werewolves, aliens and even hostile humans.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Will you have enemies? Like Maybe animal predators, vampires, werewolves, aliens and even hostile humans.

I do not mean to be rude here but why does every video game has to include some kind of enemies or violence? Since when killing is entertaining more than exploring mythologies and ancient sites? I'd love going inside the Giza pyramids unlocking secret chambers without mummies scaring the hell out of me while at it.

We need more video games like this, I hope it goes on the right track with a nice story play and goes viral.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join