It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When has a certain political party being in power ever made a difference in your life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

when Obama was elected, you were reaping the fruits of GW Bush's administration. Along with a bit of ol Slick Willy.

RE: the OP: the only real impact that a party has had on my life is ACA. Professionally, it has been a a nightmare to implement. Personally, it is costing me a small fortune.

Really? And he was powerless against the wrath of W? Give me a break. Dems had the WH, the Senate AND the House, yet the crapper kept flushing. Stop blaming Bush for everything, it is getting reeeeaaaally old.

Wait....so you have other examples of me blaming Bush for stuff? Perhaps I post while unconscious, but if I could get you to PM me a few examples, I would love to look into how that was posted.

Otherwise, let me refocus you on who you are talking to here. I don't play partisan politics. I can't stnd Bush. I can't stand Obama. I call it like i see it. And I see it like this: Clinton and Bush both were on duty when the dogs were let off the chains. Remember the dot com bubble? That was Clintons watch. Same type of shenanigans with the Housing bubble/2008 crash. But as a business man, let me make it very clear: the negative economic impacts started well before we cast our votes in the 2008 election. And they were a result of legislative changes enacted under Bush's watch and Clinton's watch.

I go on and on about how identical the two parties are. Do you know what Obama did to combat the economic crisis? He just continued doing what Bush had done. Because it isn't really even their decision.

ETA: the trade mark of western government is "continuity" and "stability". This isn't achieved by overturning the power every 4 years. This is achieved by having the power held in positions that are not impacted by the election. For the most part, our legislative body does a great job of this. But the real culprit: money. Folks with money, starting with the Federal Reserve.
edit on 11/6/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I meant the blaming Bush is getting old in general. It has been coming from the left since the day Obama took office, if not before.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Maybe. But when he has blame to share.....

....like i said, if we remove the illusion of party, we are left with the realization that we are dealing with varying heads of the same beast.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, a short while ago the democrats held the White House, the senate, and the house. They rammed through the Affordable Care Act.

Since then my deductibles have tripled, and I can no longer afford healthcare.

So they affected me pretty well

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, for my husband, his company has gone from one that was aggressively expanding in American during the Bush years to one that is now building facilities in China, Mexico and the Netherlands while selling of less profitable divisions in the US. He has watched the regulations increase aggressively since Obama took office and he's gone into a position where if he screws up he could potentially be prosecuted, as in jail. Any slight infraction could cost the company tens of thousands and the inspectors are extremely aggressive an adversarial when they come and do not have an understanding of the industry anymore which makes them stupid dangerous.

If that's not getting worse, I don't know what is.

Also, his company as gone into a hiring freeze where it was hiring pretty generously. He could us the extra help, but HR won't justify the head count.

Then, there's Obamacare ... but I think we all know how much that has hurt just about everyone.

Oh, and the tax hikes. We're no losing right around 40% of our income on top of the 9% inflation. And when the bonus comes in, we lose right around half of that.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, with the current Republican folks in my State legislature, people with disabilities, including families with disabled children, have seen a significant loss of resources. It took me 2 1/2 years of waiting to get my severely autistic son help through Medicaid for disability (we pay taxes and make a middle class income so no general Medicaid for us). Now the wait time is 5-7 years. It is insane. The only choice then for some families is to give up their child to institutional care, which is far more expensive to the state than when people get help to keep their kids at home. So yes, it does make a difference. Everyone who knows what is going on with these kids is appalled, but our numbers are too small for our voice to matter.

Peace,
AB
edit on 6-11-2014 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Every political party who is in power always makes a difference in my life ( and indeed everyone's life even when it is a government out with your own country), just it is usually detrimental rather than improving things. Just like Obama said before he was elected, he would bring change, and boy has he kept his word on that. Unfortunately the changes were not the ones the American people envisaged in their hope for a better future. Same thing for here in the UK. They are all deceivers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join