It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't think, just vote Democrat. Then reward yourself with fried chicken!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I see. So you are saying that in order to understand the statement, I need to be from the US? Can you explain how that is so?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So the wife of the nominal leader of the Democratic Party wants people to vote Democrat and says so at the Midterm election?

What's the problem there?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: HappyThoughts

Michelle Obama was speaking to a particular group of voters. That would be Black voters.

She treated that group (a racial demographic) as being too stupid to make decisions for themselves.
IMO, that is being racist, because if a white person treated the same group the same way, they would be considered racist.
I don't care what color she is, she did it.

Thank you.

All of the people in here thinking I give 2 craps about the fried chicken comment in it's context, don't really get it at all.

She can get away with the fried chicken comment because she's black talking to a black audience, and THAT'S FINE with me.

It's a slight irk that white politicians wouldn't be able to make the same joke, because honestly it's simply made in jest.

But the real issue here is the: DONT THINK, JUST VOTE DEMOCRAT message

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

And do you also think that's racist of her?

Have you ever heard any politician or his promoters yell "THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE ON OUR PARTY!"........."MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH ALL YOUR OPTIONS FIRST PEOPLE!"

So you have discovered an issue that most people were already aware of......politicians trick, cheat and lie to get to where they want to go.......DUHDOINK!!!

All of the people in here thinking I give 2 craps about the fried chicken comment in it's context, don't really get it at all.

If that is so, who's fault is that? You had the chicken thing in your title and you qouted it specifically in your op. You didn't add anything else and now you are mad that people didn't get you?

edit on 8-11-2014 by HappyThoughts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

She did not say "don't think". Quite the contrary. She provided a number of reasons why she thinks people should have voted democrat. Of course, no political party does that, right?

Did you listen to the interview? No?
newsone.com...

edit on 11/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: HappyThoughts

Michelle Obama was speaking to a particular group of voters. That would be Black voters.

She treated that group (a racial demographic) as being too stupid to make decisions for themselves.
IMO, that is being racist, because if a white person treated the same group the same way, they would be considered racist.
I don't care what color she is, she did it.

Thank you.

She can get away with the fried chicken comment because she's black talking to a black audience, and THAT'S FINE with me.

It's a slight irk that white politicians wouldn't be able to make the same joke, because honestly it's simply made in jest.

No worse than "Don't think, just vote Republican" only they don't say it that way on talk radio. "Vote republican because nobody want's healthcare reform, screw the people that are sick and can't afford life saving medical procedures." Or "Don't think, just vote republican because, that's what Jesus would want. to bad if your and athiest, you're going to hell anyway so it doesn't matter who you vote fore or what you want." or "Don't think, those retards with beards that hunt ducks want you to vote republican" LOL
edit on 8-11-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Apparently, the democrat voters decided to forgo going out to the polls for Michelle's fried chicken...and stayed home to cook her husband's goose instead.

Stick a fork in him...He's D-O-N-E!
edit on 8-11-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

She would have had your support? So, you're saying that you would vote for a specific candidate or party because the First Lady said you should? Let me give you some advice: develop your own thoughts and beliefs based on not only what a person says but also what a person actually does and what they stand for. Michelle Obama also throws around some statistics about the number of children in poverty during Obamas years in the interview. If one is uneducated on the policies, promises, and marxisms of this administration, then one has no accurate point of reference when hearing these people try to make a point. It was sad to see the president and other liberals basically beg people to go and vote in midterms. The uneducated voter is who they seek to get a vote from. If you just sit down and simply hear what each politician has to say and how they believe the country should be run, you can educate yourself and naturally your views will start to agree with some politicians and disagreed with others. I bet the citizens who voted for obama in 2008 and 2012 had no idea that Obama was a part of a Marxist Communist group in chicago. Actually, I bet those voters do not even know what Marxism or communism is. This is not the way our country was designed and it makes me sick. Then you have the media who, being journalists and writers, are liberal, dramatic people and allows the government to completely dominate them. Have some balls America. 54 million people on food stamps? ?? Are you kidding me??!?! And then the president goes on TV and talks about how our economy is thriving and the stock market is better than ever. Well, guess what Barack, the 50 million people eating, drinking, living on taxpayer dollars are not making money in the stock market. The average yearly income of a household has dropped almost 2,000$ from 2009-2014. This is the real indicator of how our economy is doing. This is the smartest and strongest country in the world let's wake up and act like it. 17 trillion dollar deficit?? Why shouldn't our government have to have a balanced budget year in year out like taxpayers do?? Start learning about the policymaker Obama and what he fundamentally stands for. And read his book he wrote about his father. We are America and we are exceptional!! If you don't think so go live in europe.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

You know it! Obama and his crew are abhorrent. I dare say the majority of politicians are, but main man Barrack over here takes the cake.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

She did not say "don't think". Quite the contrary. She provided a number of reasons why she thinks people should have voted democrat. Of course, no political party does that, right?

Did you listen to the interview? No?
newsone.com...

I did listen to the interview actually, they played it on the radio the night I made the post.

She said not to worry about what various sides had said, and that for the majority of people who support Bacack, that a democratic ticket was what they wanted.

To me saying "don't worry" means "don't ponder", "don't consider" "don't wonder" aka 'don't think'.

You're splitting hairs, her overall message was pretty clear: "I KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU, BETTER THAN YOU DO, SO LISTEN TO ME"

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join