It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't think, just vote Democrat. Then reward yourself with fried chicken!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Who are you speaking for when you say 'they'?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't get the kerfuffle?

Why would anyone expect the wife of a Democrat President to espouse on voting for any other party than Democrat?

That would be like an executive from Dell telling you to buy an Apple computer... Not exactly in their best interests to be doing that.

Or an executive from Ford telling you to buy GM... "'cause it's better."

Or maybe a few years back, you'd have expected Mitt Romney's wife to tell everyone about how they shouldn't vote Republican?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Who are you speaking for when you say 'they'?

Her audience. And I'm not speaking for them, you are. You seem to think they should be offended, but don't know any better or something. I haven't heard of ONE person from her audience saying they (her audience) were offended about what she said to them (her audience).

YOU'RE offended. I'm not sure why... She didn't say anything to you.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Are you black?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

IT doesnt matter if they were offended or not........

The point is if it was said by a white person, there would be an outrage and you know it....

anyone denying this is intellectually dishonest......or flat out lying.......

If Romney was a democrat and said "Hey dont think just vote democrat then go have yourself some fried chicken"

You know EXACTLY what would have happened.....

Enough with the side stepping and obfuscation from the left on this

I swear the democrats can get away with stuff like this, AND basically tell the world that voter ID keeps their base from voting , basically calling them too stupid and lazy to get an ID and people STILL vote democrat.......

is it Stockholm syndrome or what?
edit on 11/6/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is quite literally Shakespearean* in scope ...

"Oh, it would be different if a white person said it."

Sure, it could have ...

The comment could have come off completely differently if an Asian person had said it.

The comment could have come off completely differently if a representative of KFC had said it.

The comment could have come off completely differently if Foghorn Leghorn had said it.

Have we taken it far enough ad absurdam ad nauseam yet?

Obviously, it was jarring enough to some of you coming IN THE CONTEXT AND SPIRIT OF THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED even from an African American.

Any chance to pontificate on "the left" and "the Democrats" etc. etc. Jeez, we're out of power, and Republicans are IN!

Enjoy it for a few minutes, fergodsakes ... the honeymoon will not last long.

edit on 19Thu, 06 Nov 2014 19:34:14 -060014p0720141166 by Gryphon66 because: had not has

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

anyone denying this is intellectually dishonest......or flat out lying.......

Which leads me to ask, "Why?"

Why is this such a sticking point for 'the opposing' POV?

Clearly, she was in the wrong. 'Why' are people coming to her defense? 'Why' am I still laughing after 8 pages of this.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Perhaps because no "defense" is needed?

Perhaps because most of us realize that the First Lady's comment was nothing more than slight humor in line with the question asked by the interviewer?

Perhaps ...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
White people love pizza and beer.... there I said it...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Can I have some?
I voted.

I wonder how many here did.

edit on 11/6/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It's not racism being as it's coming from a black person

However, had that been said by a white politician, all hell would have broke loose with the MSM

Not very classy however coming from a First Lady IMO
Her true colors came out then...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xtrozero
Can I have some?
I voted.

I wonder how many here did.

I voted too... hehe

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The point is if it was said by a white person, there would be an outrage and you know it.... anyone denying this is intellectually dishonest......or flat out lying....... If Romney was a democrat and said "Hey dont think just vote democrat then go have yourself some fried chicken"

Why do you "ìntellectually honest" people keep ommitting the fact that she was asked if it was ok that people ate some soulfood after voting?

You understand that fried chicken is considered soul food?

I guess it is clear what the issue is here.

"But if a white person said it whe whe......"

It's just not fair is it?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Clearly, she was in the wrong. 'Why' are people coming to her defense? 'Why' am I still laughing after 8 pages of this.

What should she have replied to this question that you would find acceptable?

So can we ... if we go out to the polls, can we — say, we have a souls to polls on Sunday — can we do soul food after we vote?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: HappyThoughts

What should she have replied to this question that you would find acceptable?

She has a pretty enough smile.

Too bad she prefers to use the old tools ... you know ... like that shovel.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

She has a pretty enough smile.

She should´ve just smiled at the question? She should've just sat there, said nothing and smiled? Also, is there something wrong with the question itself?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: HappyThoughts

There is nothing the First Lady could have said that would have satisfied these folks.

If she hadn't made a joke, they'd be crying about how sullen and angry she is.

If she'd taken exception to the connection of "soul food" to "souls to the polls" she'd still have been accused of being an arrogant elitist out of touch with her people.

Both Mrs. Obama and the President are the focal points for a level of unconscious projection of racial animus the like of which I have not seen in my lifetime.

Literally, no matter what they do, what they say, there is NOTHING they can do that is right in some people's eyes.

That's not a problem with the Obamas.
edit on 5Fri, 07 Nov 2014 05:57:02 -060014p0520141166 by Gryphon66 because: sigh

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There is nothing the First Lady could have said that would have satisfied these folks.

I know, I´m just letting them talk so they can show how ridiculous their drivel is.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Thanks to Happy Thoughts for 'letting' members talk.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Purdy much. She's burned up all of her currency as 'an underdog'.

If she hadn't made a joke, they'd be crying about how sullen and angry she is.

No ... she's sullen and angry. No getting around it. I think she is the angriest black woman to have ever been recorded on an MSM camera.

If she'd taken exception to the connection of "soul food" to "souls to the polls" she'd still have been accused of being an arrogant elitist out of touch with her people.

She is arrogant (not sure if she's more elitist than her husband ... but definitely more than you or I).

Both Mrs. Obama and the President are the focal points for a level of unconscious projection of racial animus the like of which I have not seen in my lifetime.

So says you. I call a spade 'a spade'. The 0bamas are bigots. And Michael, especially, hates white people.

Literally, no matter what they do, what they say, there is NOTHING they can do that is right in some people's eyes.

The more people who see that ... the better. The polls (and the poor turnout) kind'a bear that out.

That's not a problem with the Obamas.

Huh? What has not been a problem during this 'loser's' term? His legacy will be: Worst first black president of the United States. 0bama has been such an abject failure, there are not enough characters to list them all in a single post.

OBTW, as much as I crap on 0bama today ... the next Republican will be far far worse. When that happens, you remember this post, and bow to 0bama for setting 'them' up.
edit on 7112014 by Snarl because: Punctuation

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join