It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't think, just vote Democrat. Then reward yourself with fried chicken!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So how is this racist?
People really do just twist things so badly huh?

Martin brought up the general topic of soul food and asked:
So can we ... if we go out to the polls, can we — say, we have a souls to polls on Sunday — can we do soul food after we vote?

Mrs. Obama replied:
Absolutely. I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote ... Only after, if you haven't voted.

So she was responding, jokingly, just as the questioner asked, jokingly.
You need help my friend.

edit on 6-11-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Later, Michele Obama probably gave New York Limousine-Liberals permission to go out to 'Dean & Deluca's' and eat quiche after they vote for democrats.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Indigo5

I am not pushing the chicken part of the story.
I mentioned it once, but that is not what I have a problem with.

You said that it does not matter to which race group she is talking. If that doesn't matter, wouldn't you say that the problem is her arrogance in general, and not her being racist. I mean if it is supposed to be racist towards any given group of people she is adressing, she must be saying some very general racist things that apply to all races. Almost makes it non racist, don't ya think?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

So how is this racist?
People really do just twist things so badly huh?

Martin brought up the general topic of soul food and asked:
So can we ... if we go out to the polls, can we — say, we have a souls to polls on Sunday — can we do soul food after we vote?

Mrs. Obama replied:
Absolutely. I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote ... Only after, if you haven't voted.

So she was responding, jokingly, just as the questioner asked, jokingly.
You need help my friend.

You need to read a transcript of the interview or maybe even this thread, If you think that what you quoted is all that is being discussed here.
edit on b000000302014-11-06T12:02:39-06:0012America/ChicagoThu, 06 Nov 2014 12:02:39 -06001200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You know, we have a serious issue on ATS....and that is context.

Too many of us are not willing to look at a situation in it's entire context before we jump on the outrage bandwagon and cry foul.

It makes it really difficult to have a logical, productive discussion when the majority of us seem to hear a little tidbit of information, automatically knee-jerk and run with it without looking in to it's validity or context.

The cognitive bias/confirmation bias epidemic on ATS is very concerning and it seems that there is about as much common sense and facts in the UFO forums as there is in the political forums.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Would you care to come right out and say what you are hinting about with your FYI?

I thought I did...

Look. If you don't have a problem with "chicken-gate", I don't know what part of the story you DO have a problem with, but your position makes no sense to me. If John Boehner was talking to a group of people, most of whom were white Republicans and he suggested that they vote Republican without regard to the stuff being said about George Bush, and that they celebrate with a martini, would that be considered disregarding the issues or "white-on-white" racism?

Really interested in your answer to that...

Ms. Obama did NOT tell them to vote Democrat without regard to the issues. You made that up, too! Here's what she said:

“This isn’t about Barack. It’s not about the person on the ballot — it’s about you. And for most of the people that we’re talking to, a Democratic ticket is the clear ticket that we should be voting on, regardless of who said what or did this. That shouldn’t even come into the equation."

She didn't say or imply that they should even worry about the issues. So, you're making a huge deal out of something that didn't happen. That's just so... typical!
edit on 11/6/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I just want to be 100% clear:

Offering to reward black voters with fried chicken is not racist.

Is that what people are saying?
edit on 6-11-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You need to read a transcript of the interview or maybe even this thread, If you think that what you quoted is all that is being discussed here.

Why don't you post a quote of exactly what you're so outraged about? If it's not chicken, what is it? An exact quote, please.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I agree, and not only when it comes to reading the source.

I see a lot of comments being taken out of context too, all the time, causing needless arguments.

Poster 1 is in a discussion with poster 2. Poster 3 comes by and takes part of a post made by poster 1, in the context of his discussion with poster 2, and completely takes it out of said context. One of the most annoying things here.
edit on 6-11-2014 by HappyThoughts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

*sigh*

No, that's not what people are saying because that's not even what MO was saying.

For the love of god.....

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

What?
She was responding to a question about Soul food - not just randomly offering chicken prizes to black folks.
I swear to God, what is going on at ATS? Is there something in the water?
Some people are so obvious in their agenda.

edit on 6-11-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I am not pushing the chicken part of the story.
I mentioned it once, but that is not what I have a problem with.

Maybe you should explain what you do have issue with? Cuz this is what I see?

a reply to: kaylaluv

If John Boehner were to say that black voters vote a straight Democrat ticket without any regard to issues and eat fried chicken afterwards, wouldn't that be viewed as a racist statement?
Yet Michelle Obama can urge them to do exactly that and there's nothing to it?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here's what's going on...

Michelle Obama Mentions Fried Chicken. Conservative Media FREAKS out!

I'm exhausted. The republican party has become nothing more than a bunch of "Drunk Uncles." But at least Drunk Uncle admits he's a racist and doesn't have the nerve to act shocked when called one like they do.

I have a sister-in-law who is racist. When I suggested that, she was APPALLED! I mean, she had just said that black people are too lazy to own pets, but when I brought up racism, she was SO defensive! It's a crazy world!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

I swear to God, what is going on at ATS? Is there something in the water?

That's what happens when you ban all the great members and try to go mainstream. You attract a lot of.....less intelligent people.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
100% of cattle polled agree.

Don't think, don't vote, just eat more chicken.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
Yup. She actually said this.

Martin asked (at 7:15), “So can we, if we go out to the polls, can we, say, we have a souls to polls on Sunday, can we do soul food after we vote?”

Obama responded, “Absolutely. I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote."

Call it what you want and cover for whomever you wish. The interviewer asked about soulfood AFTER voting as a reward for performing a civic duty and Mrs. Obama said fried chicken. There are no two ways to read that.

Pointing out a racist comment makes me racist. That's the funniest, saddest, and lamest retort the left has used in their arsenal of weak arguments. It takes a child's "I know you are, but what am I" to all new levels.

As far as Romney telling whites to vote Republican and have a martini it's not the same ballpark. It's like Romney telling the Asian people to vote straight Republican and the celebrate by having egg rolls.
edit on 6-11-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

It's like Romney telling the Asian people to vote straight Republican and the celebrate by having egg rolls.

Only if the interviewer asked him if voters should get some Asian food afterwards.

You just qouted the transcript and still you fail to make a proper comparison.

I rest my case.
edit on 6-11-2014 by HappyThoughts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

My issue, and I am repeating myself.... If anyone bothered to read the posts in the thread, is that Michelle Obama denigrated the black audience when she told them that they should vote a straight Democrat ticket.. Without regard to what the candidates say or do.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

If anyone bothered to read the posts in the thread, is that Michelle Obama denigrated the black audience when she told them that they should vote a straight Democrat ticket.. Without regard to what the candidates say or do.

You said yourself that it doesn't matter which race the audience was.

You say it is about being denigrating. So how is it racist. It's only racist in your mind because you see a "black" audience, instead of just an audience.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Forget the racist angle, remove race altogether, and try to see how some people could be offended by having the overlord of school lunch foods grant her divine permission to eat fried chicken.

Did anyone really need her permission?

Whatever happened to the whitehouse garden?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join