It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't think, just vote Democrat. Then reward yourself with fried chicken!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

edit on 11/6/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

See my edit. Black on black racism exists.

I asked if you are saying that Michelle is a black on black racist. I still didn't see you answer that.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Paraphrasing.

But if you are going to pick nits, then I would have to agree that those words, spoken in that sentence structure were not uttered by her at that individual point in time during that location.

I will now get this post certified by an attorney.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Phage

Paraphrasing.

But if you are going to pick nits, then I would have to agree that those words, spoken in that sentence structure were not uttered by her at that individual point in time during that location.

I will now get this post certified by an attorney.

I think your in the wrong career field.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Just vote my straight party ticket and we have your back. Then go out and celebrate with some down home fried chicken!

But she didn't say it like that.

The OP should change the misleading title.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You agree that it was made up and not factual. Good.
So what's your point? That she was encouraging people to vote democrat?

Gosh.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I never quite grasped why it was racist myself either. Of course, I am from the south and I could put away some serious fried chicken and watermelon (with a salt shaker of course). I'm not sure where the whole stereotype originated from.

look, the right is looking for any little thing to disparage Obama...this has been the status quo ever since he got into office...it isn't going to stop until well after he leaves office....this is why Obama is probably one of the most outwardly dullest of presidents. the "angry black man" card has been in the back pocket of right wingers, waiting for the time that it can be whipped out...bottom line....they want this black democratic president to appear so vile and evil, that the country never elects another one. black people already know this, even though it hasn't been talked about in the MSM

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You agree that it was made up and not factual. Good.
So what's your point? That she was encouraging people to vote democrat?

Gosh.

That she was encouraging people to vote. . . . I suppose you didn't read my post where I actually used her own words, did you?

Nevermind.

Not worth the trouble.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I wonder which racist, elitist Republican had the nerve to come up with this horrible sign:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

That she was encouraging people to vote. . . . I suppose you didn't read my post where I actually used her own words, did you?

I suppose you didn't listen to the interview?
I guess not. Out of context statements are much more fun.
edit on 11/6/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Omg, a politician(or affiliate) using empty rethoric in order to get votes. This is shocking!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Newsflash: Black people talk to black people in a way that differs from how they talk to white people. In a related story, so do white people. Now back to your outrage.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

While I love a thread that calls out the 0bama's for who they really are, I don't think this was meant as a racist statement.

If you apply her moronic fitness/healthy BS to the equation, it leads more to the idea of her saying to take a day off from being strict, and eat something unhealthy, like fried whatever.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HappyThoughts

I asked if you are saying that Michelle is a black on black racist. I still didn't see you answer that.

Did you Google black on black racism?
Colorism....?
You are not the only one that can ignore questions and ask more.
Get that yet?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am also SPEECHLESS..

I shared this news yesterday with some of my black democratic-voting family and friends and they all responded the same.

First, there was disbelief. Then when proven, there was

"Oh...she meant it in a jokingly way." I said, "Oh. Let's say a white Republican leader made that comment. Would you have taken offense then?"

They said, "A white Republican would never be crazy enough to say that." I said, 'Ohh. So you do admit that it was a racist insult, then, right?"

They said, "No...because Michelle wasn't being racist. She was being FUNNY."

I shook my head.

edit on 6-11-2014 by StarGazer77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: StarGazer77

I shook my head.

Did you listen to the interview?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: HappyThoughts

Did you Google black on black racism?
Colorism....?
You are not the only one that can ignore questions and ask more.
Get that yet?

You made the initial statement which I responded too. I asked you a question. You can keep on evading answering by posting your own irrelevant questions but all it shows is your refusal, or inability, to answer the initial question.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

"Oh...she meant it in a jokingly way." I said, "Oh. Let's say a white Republican leader made that comment. Would you have taken offense then?"

What comment?

You mean her REPLY to a QUESTION?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I shook my head.

Did you listen to the interview?

Yep.

I shook my head because the majority of blacks are blindly loyal the Democratic party. I shook my head because blacks don't see the racism from the party of their slavemasters, and will even go to bat for them.

I shook my head because I am black, and ever since I have become politically aware, I imagine how the educated slaves felt when they came up with ideas to free the group, but what were called names and dragged back onto the plantation.

Yep. This is why I shook my head.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HappyThoughts

Michelle Obama was speaking to a particular group of voters. That would be Black voters.

She treated that group (a racial demographic) as being too stupid to make decisions for themselves.
IMO, that is being racist, because if a white person treated the same group the same way, they would be considered racist.
I don't care what color she is, she did it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join